Why you fire Kingsbury now

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Like it or not, KK took the worst team in the NFL, a rookie QB, and maybe average overall roster talent to a .500 record and the playoffs in the NFL (3 years).

He is 24-24. Are we finally going to drop the whole he doesn't have a winning record as HC in college when he has a winning record in the NFL in 2022?
Not hard to do!!! Fact is 70% of the time in the past 32 seasons, when a team selects a QB #1 overall they make the playoffs within 3 years. 80% of the time they win at least 9 games within 3 years. Odd in our favor regardless of the coach was we’d be in the same result

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
We got Kingsburied. Everybody knows it. Not just in the Wild Card but in the entire second half of the season. He tried so freaking hard to play it safe, just like he does in games. Coat-tails-Kliff can kiss my grits, he never deserved the job in the first place. It's not even fair when we play the lambs, out smarted at every turn. If his ego wasn't as inflated as his salary then he might have a chance to figure it out... just stay out of Murray's way, LET HIM DO HIS THING.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
KK was brought in as an "Offensive Genius". Yet in the second half of the season when the Cardinals offense got to go against several defenses with decimated defensive backfields the Cardinals couldn't move the ball to save their life. That is why you fire KK. If he can't get his offense off the ground when it matters then what good is he?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
KK was brought in as an "Offensive Genius". Yet in the second half of the season when the Cardinals offense got to go against several defenses with decimated defensive backfields the Cardinals couldn't move the ball to save their life. That is why you fire KK. If he can't get his offense off the ground when it matters then what good is he?
Yeah. I thought Kingsbury sucked throwing the ball at the end of the year as well.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We got Kingsburied. Everybody knows it. Not just in the Wild Card but in the entire second half of the season. He tried so freaking hard to play it safe, just like he does in games. Coat-tails-Kliff can kiss my grits, he never deserved the job in the first place. It's not even fair when we play the lambs, out smarted at every turn. If his ego wasn't as inflated as his salary then he might have a chance to figure it out... just stay out of Murray's way, LET HIM DO HIS THING.
I don't know how this is what you see. In fact, KK has frequently done the opposite. He is taking much more risks that people here think he should...

going for long throws on 3rd or 4th and short
going for 4th down in his own territory, etc.

yagetonemoreyear

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You don't win 11 games with:

No talent
A terrible GM
terrible offensive play calling
Terrible offensive game plan
Terrible game management
Terrible defensive scheme
Terrible defensive play calling

This is what the near consensus on this board is right now. A bad coaching staff and front office doesn't do this. There are some issues, sure, but this chicken little routine is hilarious.
No you don't, but if you DON'T
adjust play calling
tweak game plans
adjust game management
tweak, adjust and change defensive schemes and playcalls...
the other teams figure you out and you lose 5 of your last 6 games....
one where you get slaughtered by arguably the worst team in the NFL

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
NINE. HUGE difference. Not so much. Nine years is MORE than enough to say, “hmm, something just keeps repeating and there’s literally only ONE constant.”
LOL and it didn't really happen in 2019 either.

The Cardinals finished their last 3 games going 2-1.

Are you doing any actual schedule analysis or just blindly parroting this narrative?

I went through and looked at the schedule every year for Texas Tech and saw a common trend. Texas Tech lost to OU, OSU, Baylor, and Texas. SHOCKER. Those teams losing to TT would be considered a strong upset. And in a game where talent rules, where clowns like Urban Meyer can dominate...not exactly the same thing as NFL ball.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Didn't want to go on a rant here but, This is ridiculous, so the Cardinals fire Kingsbury, now who do they hire??? Nothing personal but, the Cards have been down the road of hiring the next guy that everyone thinks should be the next great head coach. The Cardinals have hired nfl offense coordinators, defensive coordinators, ex head coaches ect..
Where exactly has that led this franchise??? Almost 40 years in Arizona and 1 superbowl appearance that's where. I understand that alot of people listen to the talking heads however, If I'm not mistaken, this Kingsbury guy is only the 2nd or 3rd coach of the Cards since they moved to Arizona, to actually get 11 wins or more.It's not like this is some long storied franchise that can boast of the many superbowl championships of the past and the great coaches that have led the (Phoenix, Arizona) Cardinals.
This Kingsbury guy seems to at the very least earned another year. Forget all the national media. If the Cardinals do fire Kliff Kingsbury, I for one would be okay if the next coach only has pop warner coaching experience if he can at least get the Cards to the playoffs... To he** with the media who only wants views and something to talk about and to he** with anyone who thinks the Cardinals need to return to in the box thinking. Obviously that hasn't worked out to well.
JUST SO I GET THIS CLEAR THOUGH.
The head coach who led the Cardinals to their first 7-0 start since what ? (1947) should be fired after his 3rd year because his last 2 seasons haven't ended well and the media has put in people's heads that this is some kind of real thing.... OKAY ! ! ! smh
Yeah it's dumb to move on from him now. I've been a fan of this team since the Buddy Ryan years and Kingsbury is already one of the best coaches this team has had during that timeframe.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah. I thought Kingsbury sucked throwing the ball at the end of the year as well.
Mahomes 1st 6 games of his soph year.

66% 19tds 5 ints 161 passer rating

Last 7 games

62% 17 tds 10 ints 134 passer rating

Mahomes 1st 6 games of his Jr. Year

71% 21 tds 5 ints 172 passer rating

Last 6 games

62% 20tds 5 ints (thank goodness for that 6 td game to end the year) 144 passer rating

I dont know @Krangodnzr . I think @Ouchie-Z-Clown might be on to something.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not a load. It's fact.
Lol... okay Krango. It’s a fact that completely ignores the actual fact that we complete collapsed after a 3-3 start, finishing the season on a 2-7-1 slide.

Hell, using your reasoning we didn’t collapse during the regular season this year because we finished the season 1-1 in the regular season.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Mahomes 1st 6 games of his soph year.

66% 19tds 5 ints 161 passer rating

Last 7 games

62% 17 tds 10 ints 134 passer rating

Mahomes 1st 6 games of his Jr. Year

71% 21 tds 5 ints 172 passer rating

Last 6 games

62% 20tds 5 ints (thank goodness for that 6 td game to end the year) 144 passer rating

I dont know @Krangodnzr . I think @Ouchie-Z-Clown might be on to something.
Right...so when they play the tougher games later in the season, his passer rating drops.

Revolutionary.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
this is just a minor complaint but using the 2019 season is just odd to me considering the team started 0-3–1. don’t think it’s right to use that season

Carry on though

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Lol... okay Krango. It’s a fact that completely ignores the actual fact that we complete collapsed after a 3-3 start, finishing the season on a 2-7-1 slide.
Context matters. Did you just use those numbers or do you care to look at who they played?

Naw irrational stupid arguments don't use context.
Hell, using your reasoning we didn’t collapse during the regular season this year because we finished the season 1-1 in the regular season.
It's just as relevant without context.

During their 2019 midseason swoon, they lost to ONE team with a losing record. One.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Right...so when they play the tougher games later in the season, his passer rating drops.

Revolutionary.
Passer rating dipped by 28, and completion dipped by 9.

Thats quite a drop. Big 12 defenses arent elite. He had Mahomes. No reason for a guy that talented to be be in the 140s in terms of passer rating.

I forgot how before the Baylor game people were saying Mahomes needed to go back to school another year with the way he struggled the 2nd half of the year.

Maybe he didnt listen to Kliff back then. Maybe he didnt put in the work.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Way to keep it on topic. Also, I won a lot of arguments on our offseason signings. I'm just not going to pour the misery on and crow about it when being right means "Oh no, we sucked again!"
You can take your neener neener BS and shove it up your butt.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Passer rating dipped by 28, and completion dipped by 9.

Thats quite a drop. Big 12 defenses arent elite. He had Mahomes. No reason for a guy that talented to be be in the 140s in terms of passer rating.

I forgot how before the Baylor game people were saying Mahomes needed to go back to school another year.

Maybe he didnt listen to Kliff back then.
Right.

So when they played their conference schedule against tougher teams, he played worse.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose