Why Todd Bowles is likely the next Cardinals Head Coach

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Peterson's impact greatly outweighs a 1st and a 3rd unless you expect both players to be star players. The chances of that are slim.

QB, CB, LT, Pass Rusher are the building block positions. I'd trade Peterson for the Niners 1st and 3rd, and take Greed Williams...because that's the only way trading him would be worth it.
Peterson is going be 29, man. We’re not getting a better package than that unless some team is really that desperate. He’s not Khalil Mack. He’s not going to be a building block. I doubt he even resigns in 2020.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Peterson is going be 29, man. We’re not getting a better package than that unless some team is really that desperate. He’s not Khalil Mack. He’s not going to be a building block. I doubt he even resigns in 2020.

You guys please have to stop acting like Peterson is 24 currently on his 2nd year on a 5 year contract.

And he's showing no sign of slowing down.

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
It’s unpopular here & you already wrote it off, but Peterson. For a 1st & 3rd, 1st & 2nd if we’re lucky. I think this roster is closer to 3-13 than it is to 8-8. I doubt Peterson will resign in 2020 even though he said otherwise. So instead of getting just a comp 3rd, we’ll have a 1st to go along with it. Trading a 3rd for a vet to land on this bad roster is just stopping the bleeding momentarily. I would also dangle Reddick for a 4th-5th.

Only players off-limits to me are:

Josh Rosen
Christian Kirk
Chandler Jones
Budda Baker
I'm not sure anyone would want Rosen. He might not fetch much.

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
Mason Rudolph sucks.
He's backing up a hall of famer qb and getting the job when Rothliesberger retires. Rosen may be out of football by then. He regressed as the season went. Maybe he'll succeed with a new coach and OL.

Last edited:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's backing up a hall of famer qb and getting the job when Rothliesberger retires. Rosen will be probably out of football by then.
He’ll be a perennial clipboard holder for the Miami Dolphins.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here is where I stand with Peterson. He is my Charles Woodson. The moment he can't hack it at CB, I am putting him at FS.
#fakenews
I’m just basing this off the thought of he’s not going to resign after his contract is up. I don’t want to see him leave just to get a 3rd round Comp in return when he’s obviously worth much more than that.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But you guys must think we’re a few pieces away from contending again, never mind. It is what it is I guess.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
But you guys must think we’re a few pieces away from contending again, never mind. It is what it is I guess.
What I think is that we have the #1 pick, a top pass rusher, top CB, young QB, pro bowl RB, and a top 20 LT when healthy. A good head coach, good schemes, and a decent draft, we can contend for the wild card spot.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It'd be a real hard sell to transition that defense back to a 3-4. They're 10th in defensive DVOA and 6th against the pass.
If anyone has the Cardinals rated as the 10th best defense right now, they need to fix their rating system. I don't care what factors they're taking into account - they're wrong.

This team is horrible against the run, and extremely bad overall. They're 6th worst in points allowed per game, and dead last by a mile in rushing yards allowed. OK, technically not by a mile, but by over 500 yards worse than the median team. The only reason they're any good at defending the pass (they're 5th in passing yards allowed per game) is that no one needs to pass when they're up by 30 points (they're 7th in fewest pass ATTEMPTS per game).

They're also 5th worst in takeaways.

No one with working eyeballs and brains believes the Cardinals D is 10th best in any way, shape, or form.

...dbs

Last edited:
OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am the horse here:

You must be registered for see images

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
What I think is that we have the #1 pick, a top pass rusher, top CB, young QB, pro bowl RB, and a top 20 LT when healthy. A good head coach, good schemes, and a decent draft, we can contend for the wild card spot.

You must be registered for see images attach