Why Todd Bowles is likely the next Cardinals Head Coach

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would hire Jim Harbaugh in a heartbeat. People fail to realize that he spent most of his time as an assistant on the offensive side of the ball.

I am with you. Can cardinals beat Michigan's contract and some to get Harabugh? Not possible.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Wow just wow :shrug:

This team has more holes than 50 dozen donuts & a at more positions than any in the NFL imo.

Not homes in places that matter. You can’t start from scratch on OL, but I don’t think we’ll have to. We’ll have 5-6 average NFL players going into the offseason.

WR is the biggest problem, especially if Fitz retires. I think we should trade our third for someone who’s a vet and sign another veteran.

Get those two groups sorted and you’re in good shape heading into training camp.

I kind of agree with K9. Worst to First happens often in the NFL. It’ll depend on whether we strike gold with who we hire as HC. If we hired McCarthy, we would go from the worst head coach in NFL history to someone who’s won almost 70% of his games over 13 years. Anything is possible in the NFL.

I think Mike McCarthy is an average NFL head coach. He was the 3rd best coach in his division before he was fired. He’s be a massive improvement over Wilks.

Name one team recently that bottomed out & hit rock bottom that didnt have a number of previous high draft choices on its roster or multi #1’s in the same draft that all of sudden turn it around in 1 season?

We certainly haven’t had the numerous highs picks recently or going into this draft.

Indy. Kansas City. Minnesota.

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
It could happen. But for starters it will probably require a new GM, definitely a new HC.

Next year may be stretch but this team has a lot of $ to spend in next couple of years along with , most likely, the tip draft pick next year. Rebuilds do not to need to be long term anymore.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We need to keep picks, not give them away.

I’d rather trade vets from our team to gain some.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Point differential:

Cards: -197
Jets: -73

For a team with one more win, a lot less star power and a rookie QB they’re a lot more competitive...

Dont shoot the messenger

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
We need to keep picks, not give them away.

I’d rather trade vets from our team to gain some.
Who would want the vets from our team? Diche and Humphries are more valuable to us than they are to another team.

If you can get sure-fire vet with a year left on his deal, with the roster in this shape, for a 3rd round pick, you do it in a heartbeat. Definitely at WR or OL.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Examples are a team that has Andrew Luck and a team that was in playoffs last year?

Oops, forgot the Titans didnt suck, just that Vrabel is a first year coach. Sticking with the Colta, coaching has made them successful, if it was just Luck... Pagano would still be there.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who would want the vets from our team? Diche and Humphries are more valuable to us than they are to another team.

If you can get sure-fire vet with a year left on his deal, with the roster in this shape, for a 3rd round pick, you do it in a heartbeat. Definitely at WR or OL.
It’s unpopular here & you already wrote it off, but Peterson. For a 1st & 3rd, 1st & 2nd if we’re lucky. I think this roster is closer to 3-13 than it is to 8-8. I doubt Peterson will resign in 2020 even though he said otherwise. So instead of getting just a comp 3rd, we’ll have a 1st to go along with it. Trading a 3rd for a vet to land on this bad roster is just stopping the bleeding momentarily. I would also dangle Reddick for a 4th-5th.

Only players off-limits to me are:

Josh Rosen
Christian Kirk
Chandler Jones
Budda Baker

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cards fired Denny Green in 2006 with a 5 and 11 record. Two years later Cards were in the Super Bowl.
Cards fired Ken Whisenhunt in 2012 with a 5 and 11 record. The next year they went 10 & 6 under new coach BA, just missed the playoffs and made them the following 2 years.
The point is that turnarounds can happen even for the Cards. However IMO the key is the QB. Whisenhunt had Kurt Warner starting in 2008 and BA had Carson Palmer.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

U can trade DJ johnson, a player easily replacable especially considering the effort he put for after signing a rich contract

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cards fired Denny Green in 2006 with a 5 and 11 record. Two years later Cards were in the Super Bowl.
Cards fired Ken Whisenhunt in 2012 with a 5 and 11 record. The next year they went 10 & 6 under new coach BA, just missed the playoffs and made them the following 2 years.
The point is that turnarounds can happen even for the Cards. However IMO the key is the QB. Whisenhunt had Kurt Warner starting in 2008 and BA had Carson Palmer.

Yes, and that 10-6 team with BA would have been a very tough out in the playoffs. It's truly a shame that they didn't make the playoffs that year. They were healthy, and the D was legit under Bowles. It took 4-5 games to get the offense rolling, otherwise that team was as good as the 13-3 team.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Bowles for DC but not HC. He's less animated than Wilks on the sideline. We need a fiery HC with a pulse. Preferably offensive minded.

Reaction score
It’s unpopular here & you already wrote it off, but Peterson. For a 1st & 3rd, 1st & 2nd if we’re lucky. I think this roster is closer to 3-13 than it is to 8-8. I doubt Peterson will resign in 2020 even though he said otherwise. So instead of getting just a comp 3rd, we’ll have a 1st to go along with it. Trading a 3rd for a vet to land on this bad roster is just stopping the bleeding momentarily. I would also dangle Reddick for a 4th-5th.

Josh Rosen
Christian Kirk
Chandler Jones
Budda Baker

Why? Budda & Kirk are more easily replaced than PP.

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yes, and that 10-6 team with BA would have been a very tough out in the playoffs. It's truly a shame that they didn't make the playoffs that year. They were healthy, and the D was legit under Bowles. It took 4-5 games to get the offense rolling, otherwise that team was as good as the 13-3 team.
Yeah. Looking back the Cardinals are a loaded roster the first four years of Arians career here.

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is correct. Unless Palmer or Warner like QB is playing in 2019 this team is ways from being competitive.

Rosen needs all of 2019 and some in 2020 before progress can be measured.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is correct. Unless Palmer or Warner like QB is playing in 2019 this team is ways from being competitive.

Rosen needs all of 2019 and some in 2020 before progress can be measured.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you. Hopefully there will be some significant improvement from Rosen next year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Josh Rosen
Christian Kirk
Chandler Jones
Budda Baker

Peterson's impact greatly outweighs a 1st and a 3rd unless you expect both players to be star players. The chances of that are slim.

QB, CB, LT, Pass Rusher are the building block positions. I'd trade Peterson for the Niners 1st and 3rd, and take Greed Williams...because that's the only way trading him would be worth it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard