Why not Juan Cruz?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't understand why Kim would be thrown into the rotation or even Petit for that matter when we have 96 MPH fastball Juan Cruz available to be a starter?

I turned on the game tonight just in time to see the score and catch his inning of work in which he struck out the side. My question is, what did Cruz do to not make him an option in the rotation?

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Probably because a starter needs to go a little longer than one or two innings. As a starter, he may have to throw 85MPH instead of 95MPH. Has he ever started before?

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Probably because a starter needs to go a little longer than one or two innings. As a starter, he may have to throw 85MPH instead of 95MPH. Has he ever started before?
He started a lot last year and rarely could pitch past 5 innings.

Nasser22

Reaction score
He wasn't that bad. It's just that he got tired even sooner than Owings does. He usually pitched great after giving up a couple runs in the first.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
He started a lot last year and rarely could pitch past 5 innings.

I'd rather have 5 innings of Cruz than garbage of the day.

Then again if Cruz pitches 5 innings how can he come in and do long relief for himself?

Nasser22

Reaction score
I'd rather have 5 innings of Cruz than garbage of the day.

Then again if Cruz pitches 5 innings how can he come in and do long relief for himself?
Yep, you don't want to see the team give up more 5-run leads do you?

Dodger fan...psh

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen