Who's THE Team- Arizona or Arizona State?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If that's his intent, Mods: please move this thread to the ASU forum.

Please and thank you.

:D

Ha ha, awesome come back but still this is the place for it. :D

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
I graduated from GCU so therefore I should be partial towards both schools.

Basketball GCU
Football ASU been a fan since 1996-7

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Now the cat is out of the big, literally. Your on a short leash now. :p

When you move down you can take your pick. Here's a side note though cause I don't want you to get hurt. :) If you do become a ASU fan, do not, I mean do not wear ASU getup in Tucson. You could get yourself killed. Tucsonians have only U of A to watch and that's it. There is nothing else to do down there so they are diehard fans that will beat you down wearing ASU stuff. There is a ton of stuff to do and watch in phx so people there are not as uptight when someone wears U of A getup. Just wanted to warn ya. ;)

He'd be crazy to spend any time in Tucson. I've traveled all over the world and Tucson is one of my least favorite places.

Sure Phoenix has that Los Angeles like urban sprawl, but at least it has more interesting things to do, more places to eat, etc.

Tucson reminds me of a giant Mesa, and I say that as an insult. :p

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm sorry if I broke etiquette. My primary intention was really to learn something about the football programs. I'm not naive, though. I realized it could spur some good-natured competition, but I was willing to risk it. :D As far as the forum, it seemed appropriate to post it under one of the schools. If one of the mods feels it should be moved, or even deleted, I'm fine with that. Hopefully, no hard feelings.

U of A has never played in a Rose Bowl, which is the pinnacle game for the PAC 12.

ASU has had a few iconic teams that went pretty far, namely the 1996 Sun Devils led by Jake Plummer, and the 1986 Sun Devils that beat Michigan in the Rose Bowl. The Frank Kush era of Sun Devils football was shear dominance for the most part. ASU beat numerous national powers during the time and was probably the most underrated program in the country.

U of A has had their moments too, but it never translated into the success ASU has had in the past.

As for Basketball, who really cares about the lesser sport. ASU hasn't. ASU baseball is also historically one of the best in the country as well.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
LOL

ASU can't come close to UA in basketball, so ASU fans consider it the "lesser" sport. Just say it like it is--any sport they aren't good in is a "lesser" sport. Considering how up and down (mostly down) your football team has been lately, I'd be careful what you say.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yet they wouldn't shut up about it when Harden was playing :)

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
U of A has never played in a Rose Bowl, which is the pinnacle game for the PAC 12.

ASU has had a few iconic teams that went pretty far, namely the 1996 Sun Devils led by Jake Plummer, and the 1986 Sun Devils that beat Michigan in the Rose Bowl. The Frank Kush era of Sun Devils football was shear dominance for the most part. ASU beat numerous national powers during the time and was probably the most underrated program in the country.

U of A has had their moments too, but it never translated into the success ASU has had in the past.

As for Basketball, who really cares about the lesser sport. ASU hasn't. ASU baseball is also historically one of the best in the country as well.

And yet, ASU has a losing record against UofA in all of the sports you reference. You want to claim superiority, beat the teams you claim are inferior. You also have losing records against UCLA and USC, both of which view both Arizona schools as a drop in the bucket.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And yet, ASU has a losing record against UofA in all of the sports you reference. You want to claim superiority, beat the teams you claim are inferior. You also have losing records against UCLA and USC, both of which view both Arizona schools as a drop in the bucket.

I haven't checked the others, but you are wrong in football. Since we became Arizona State, we lead the series 37-30-1. More importantly, ASU won last year, and the year before that.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NAU, ASU. (ASU is better in sports but I am required to put NAU first. )

Tucson is no longer part of arizona so they are irrelevant.

Last edited:

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
I haven't checked the others, but you are wrong in football. Since we became Arizona State, we lead the series 37-30-1. More importantly, ASU won last year, and the year before that.

OK. If that's what's most important then UA surely has the better baseball program. 2 titles since ASU's last.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't have a vested interest, but did grow up in Tempe and went to ASU games when i was knee high to a beer can, let's not forget how UofA even got into the pac-10.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
NAU, ASU. (ASU is better in sports but I am required to put NAU first. )

Tucson is no longer part of arizona so they are irrelevant.

This is why it is impossible to have healthy productive discussions with some so-called ASU fans.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Nice sugar coat try, but it doesn't matter if you're ASU, Tempe Normal, or Tempe Community College. Here's the score:

You must be registered for see images attach

Hey! At least you have Women's Basketball to lean on

Last edited:

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't graduate from Tempe Normal, I graduated from ASU and we are 37-30-1 against UofA. And I know we beat your arse last year! ;-)

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
ASU has always had a much better baseball team (not many people care for college baseball, however) and a better football team for the most part.

UA has a great basketball team, and that's all the good that can be said about UA.

Tempe > Tucson, and it's not even close. Travelled all over the world in the military, and the only place I hate more than Tucson is Albuquerque, but they are basically the same place.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Wow, photographic proof means nothing to ASU grads! Great education you guys got there! :)

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
ASU has always had a much better baseball team (not many people care for college baseball, however) and a better football team for the most part.

UA has a great basketball team, and that's all the good that can be said about UA.

Tempe > Tucson, and it's not even close. Travelled all over the world in the military, and the only place I hate more than Tucson is Albuquerque, but they are basically the same place.

I went to neither but that comment could have just as easily been written by me. Very true. Throw in El Paso for good measure.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

:biglaugh: