Who's THE Team- Arizona or Arizona State?

GiantCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've been in Utah 17 years, living with the U of Utah/BYU rivalry. Both of my kids went to the U and that became my favorite. I assume the situation is similar between the AZ schools. Not being real familiar with either, which team should I support and why? :D

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It depends on what sports you like to follow.

For football, Arizona State is usually a little bit better than Arizona.

For basketball, it isn't even close. Arizona is far better and always makes the tournament. They send at least one player to the NBA every year.

Of the Admins here, jf-08, Shaggy and Iceman are Sun Devils. I'm a Wildcat. (And I probably wrote my ticket for ASFN demotion with that sentence :) )

OP
OP
G

GiantCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

For basketball, it isn't even close. Arizona is far better and always makes the tournament. They send at least one player to the NBA every year.

Of the Admins here, jf-08, Shaggy and Iceman are Sun Devils. I'm a Wildcat. (And I probably wrote my ticket for ASFN demotion with that sentence :) )

Thanks, jw. I was thinking football but I could see rooting for basketball too.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"Arizona State is just a way better football team."

-Rich Rodriguez-

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dude, you are obviously watching waaaaaaay too much TV and youtube. Guess that's all there is to do Tucson. Its all good though, no worries.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Now the cat is out of the big, literally. Your on a short leash now. :p

Thanks, jw. I was thinking football but I could see rooting for basketball too.

When you move down you can take your pick. Here's a side note though cause I don't want you to get hurt. :) If you do become a ASU fan, do not, I mean do not wear ASU getup in Tucson. You could get yourself killed. Tucsonians have only U of A to watch and that's it. There is nothing else to do down there so they are diehard fans that will beat you down wearing ASU stuff. There is a ton of stuff to do and watch in phx so people there are not as uptight when someone wears U of A getup. Just wanted to warn ya. ;)

OP
OP
G

GiantCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

When you move down you can take your pick. Here's a side note though cause I don't want you to get hurt. :) If you do become a ASU fan, do not, I mean do not wear ASU getup in Tucson. You could get yourself killed. Tucsonians have only U of A to watch and that's it. There is nothing else to do down there so they are diehard fans that will beat you down wearing ASU stuff. There is a ton of stuff to do and watch in phx so people there are not as uptight when someone wears U of A getup. Just wanted to warn ya. ;)

Not to worry. My wife would not let me out of the house in team clothing :D

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score

I see ASU gear wearing folks all the time in Tucson. I've yet to see any of them beat down.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
I root for both.

When they play each other I root for UA. Dad was an alum and I was indoctrinated at a young age. :)

UA definitely has the advantage in basketball. However, when I was growing up ua had a long unbeaten streak in football against asu.

Last edited:

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Do you really see yourself supporting the shocker, with a lame slogan like "Fear the Fork"? Come on now.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
No offense, but this is one of the worst questions to be asked on a board in which Wildcats and Sun Devils co-exist.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
No offense, but this is one of the worst questions to be asked on a board in which Wildcats and Sun Devils co-exist.

Are you sure about that. :D I kid.....

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

THIS.

Also - ask it in a neutral forum, like the Smack Shack, or something.

Don't ask this question in the UofA forum. :doi:

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is great! Love the rivalry and always will. Here is the thing with me, I obviously am an ASU fan, but at the same time a U of A fan as well. I like to see U of A succeed as long as it doesn't hurt the devils. I am an Arizona sports fan of all the sports here. Love to see AZ excel and get us on the radar. Also, am a huge supporter of the PAC. Would love to see them be the powerhouse of all conferences. We are up there, but not the most dominate- yet!

OP
OP
G

GiantCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
THIS.

Also - ask it in a neutral forum, like the Smack Shack, or something.

Don't ask this question in the UofA forum. :doi:

I'm sorry if I broke etiquette. My primary intention was really to learn something about the football programs. I'm not naive, though. I realized it could spur some good-natured competition, but I was willing to risk it. :D As far as the forum, it seemed appropriate to post it under one of the schools. If one of the mods feels it should be moved, or even deleted, I'm fine with that. Hopefully, no hard feelings.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry if I broke etiquette. My primary intention was really to learn something about the football programs. I'm not naive, though. I realized it could spur some good-natured competition, but I was willing to risk it. :D As far as the forum, it seemed appropriate to post it under one of the schools. If one of the mods feels it should be moved, or even deleted, I'm fine with that. Hopefully, no hard feelings.

Just curious as to why you chose the lesser school's forum? :shrug: :D

:sparky: