Who's going to Opening Day?

Estringonly

Reaction score
I have never been to an Opening day in my 35+ years of going to ball games. Think I'll go to the home opener here this year.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never been to an Opening day in my 35+ years of going to ball games. Think I'll go to the home opener here this year.

I will probably go. We should get a small ASFN group together to go. I hate going by myself and all my baseball buddies have moved away.

I think I have been to three openers.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, when exactly is opening?

I went to the Phillies opening day two years ago with my brother and sister. Got a picture of us tailgating on the front page of the local county paper. Good times. Opening day rocks!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, when exactly is opening?

I went to the Phillies opening day two years ago with my brother and sister. Got a picture of us tailgating on the front page of the local county paper. Good times. Opening day rocks!

Tailgating before baseball? :eek: Now thats hardcore.. lol

AZZenny

Reaction score
Never miss Opening Day -- rarely miss Spring Training's first DBacks' game, for that matter.

FinleyLover

Veteran
Reaction score
Hey Pam-
PM me when it's close to time for opening day. AJ and Katie Shappi are staying with me for ST (they will actually be here this Sunday since he is participating in a Mini Camp that starts next week) so I will for sure be going to Opening Day game.
Molly

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tailgating before baseball? :eek: Now thats hardcore.. lol

Especially in the chilly Philadelphia region.

Hell, we tailgated before EVERY sporting event, no matter if it was pouring rain or freezing cold. Phillies, Flyers, Sixers, Phantoms (minor league hockey) and all concerts. Cheaper than partying inside and usually more fun. :)

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, opening day is Monday April 9 at 6:40PM against the Reds. This is after the Dbacks have a little roadie for a week.

I think opening day should always be a 1:05 PM start.

High Stakes

Registered
Reaction score
I would rather watch paint dry, call me during the penant chase when we are battling for the top spot at 6 games below .500 chasing the top team who is 3 games below .500

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I would rather watch paint dry, call me during the penant chase when we are battling for the top spot at 6 games below .500 chasing the top team who is 3 games below .500
A pitching staff better than we envisioned.

The best young talent potential in baseball.

And despite an absolutely mediocre Manager, new bench coach Gibson to light a fire under the team.

You'll jump on the bandwagon.

High Stakes

Registered
Reaction score
Do not get me wrong I am always on the dbacks bandwagon, for being a native phoenician they are the only team which has struck me as a home squad, but just like the suns winning a championship, I love all the postive talk but Ive been an AZ sports fan for my entire life, which more than enough explains my skepticism

HooverDam

Reaction score
Do not get me wrong I am always on the dbacks bandwagon, for being a native phoenician they are the only team which has struck me as a home squad, but just like the suns winning a championship, I love all the postive talk but Ive been an AZ sports fan for my entire life, which more than enough explains my skepticism

How have the Dbacks stuck you as more of a "home team" than than the Suns or ASU? They've been around for much longer, I'd think they'd be more entrenched in the mind of valley sports fans.

PHXSportsFan4

Time for baseball season.
Reaction score
I'm actually going to opening day in Denver when we play the Rockies. I'm going to see all three games of the series as well as 3 Nuggets games and 2 Avalanche games.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn