Who cares..

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
As I watched today’s game, sadly my attitude throughout the entire broadcast was “who cares”.

As a diehard fan, it pains me to realize that not once was I excited about any play in the game or find myself screaming at the TV be it a positive or negative play.

If us “diehards” have grown apathetic, what is the casual fan experiencing right now?

The scariest position for Michael Bidwill to be in is one in which the fans are no longer angry but simply apathetic. Just for kicks here’s the official definition of the word apathetic:

Apathetic - “Feeling indifferent or lacking emotion, often a sign of depression.”

Again, Michael we are all looking at you for answers. It’s your move. I implore you to make the necessary moves before we all stop caring.

OP
OP
JosiahLee

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Couldn't disagree more. I was very encouraged by some of the things I seen today.

I thought this could get super ugly and the cardinals hung tough with the best offense in football.

I know we should expect baby steps out of this team but it’s also sad when we become ok with moral victories.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yup mostly I agree. It felt like Browns in 2017. You hang in tough and lose by double digits at the end.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know we should expect baby steps out of this team but it’s also sad when we become ok with moral victories.

Plenty to be hopeful about moving forward. We were supposed to get jack-stomped on the road...it wasn't ever supposed to be a game. We made it a game despite our porous offensive line and our tendency to give up huge runs. We got 5 sacks and several key defensive stops. We dominated the 3rd quarter for the first time this season. Fitz got his record. We were in it until that screen pass got picked of by the jumping defensive lineman. A loss is still a loss, but it's hard to believe this is the game you would feel apathetic about...

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
People have expected "baby steps" from that team since they moved from St. Louis. The only baby step was a Paul Bunyan step when they came within a whiff of the Lombardi Trophy. And let's be honest, that playoff run had some rather improbable plays all around.

My parents moved to Scottsdale in 1980, eight years before Los Cardinales stalked us out here eight years later. Everyone asks, Why aren't you a Cardinals fan? I say it's because St. Louis (and Chicago) were sick and tired of being sick and tired. They didn't care any more.

Same thing has happened before: Rams leaving L.A., Raduzz moving twice. The rub: fanboys continue to buy FB Cardinals tickets year after year, only to propitiate the stupidity. The Birdwells just pocket your money and continue to not give a *****.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score

Give it a break. Most of us on this board have been through many rebuilding processes, but the first half of this season was the low point in the history of the franchise since the move to the valley.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This offensive line has been in rebuilding mode for decades.... It's amazing that even "Dollar Bill" didn't put this much of a stinker in the same gift box... Not that I remember anyway.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I was really into this game and wasn't deflated until the Rosen pick on the screen pass. Loved the third quarter for the first time all year.

I actually felt bad for the guy when that happened. I was not even angry just sad.

But, that is what happens when your QB is getting hit every time he drops back.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you watch the replay of the pick you’ll see that too was the olines fault. The object is to slow the d lineman down a little . Rosen had to throw it sooner than he wanted. I think Rosen May have tipped off the play by looking over there a little too soon but I’m sure he saw the rush coming. We had two dominant drives in this game. What we lack is a quick strike big play option which is impossible when the o line can’t give Rosen more than 2.3 seconds. We need to get this online fixed. When we do we will have something to be excited about.

ReasonableMan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was on a business trip and missed it altogether. Normally I’d record and watch, but I’m not because meh?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
It's just not realistic to expect to be good, every year, in the NFL.

But it's the depth of the current decline that is so disappointing.

It's the apparent mismanagement of the current roster that is so disheartening.

Still, I'll always love the Cardinals, no matter how much they beat me, because I really deserve it. I shouldn't have been mouthing off like that.

Last edited:

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
The biggest question mark in my mind is how can a guy who was an offensive lineman in the NFL not figure out how to build a line after 5 years at the helm? In fact this may be the worse line in his 5 year tenure.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The thing that was apparent and needs most focus from fans is: When it started to matter (early in 4th quarter) the chiefs woke up and stomped the Cardinals.

Couple of things to infer

1) Chiefs were mildly overlooking the Cardinals until then.
2) When Chiefs decided to bring it, Cardinals proved they have a long long way to go.

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
The biggest question mark in my mind is how can a guy who was an offensive lineman in the NFL not figure out how to build a line after 5 years at the helm? In fact this may be the worse line in his 5 year tenure.

This. For as long as I can recall we have needed o-line help and depth and every year it just seems to get ignored.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This. For as long as I can recall we have needed o-line help and depth and every year it just seems to get ignored.

Cardinals threw draft picks and money in FA to fix the line. It proved futile. So it is not for lack of trying.

One should question the acumen of Keim in picking the players not the effort.

Based on O-Line owes, I think Suns will have a winning season sooner than Cardinals.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on O-Line owes, I think Suns will have a winning season sooner than Cardinals.

I still feel comfortable in the standing bet I have with my dad. I bet him that the Cardinals would win a Super Bowl before the Suns ever win an NBA Championship.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
The last time we had a "good" offensive line was the year of the superbowl run. And those guys weren't particularly talented (e.g. Levi Brown, Mike Gandy, Deuce Lutui, and Lyle Sendlein are not due to be HOF'ers).

They were, however, durable. That oline started together like 20 straight games or something similarly incredible, probably the key to their success.

We don't need a bunch of high draft picks, or big money FAs.

We just need to get a group of fairly young, reasonably talented individuals, and keep them healthy for 16 games. Then build from there.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't even watch, went to Mexico and had a good time. Might watch the speed up version on gamepass or something

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson