Who cares..

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
The last time we had a "good" offensive line was the year of the superbowl run. And those guys weren't particularly talented (e.g. Levi Brown, Mike Gandy, Deuce Lutui, and Lyle Sendlein are not due to be HOF'ers).

I’d take the 2014/15 OLs before the 08 OL. KW still got hit a lot. A lot a lot a lot. He just got the ball out quick.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
The thing that was apparent and needs most focus from fans is: When it started to matter (early in 4th quarter) the chiefs woke up and stomped the Cardinals.

Couple of things to infer

1) Chiefs were mildly overlooking the Cardinals until then.
2) When Chiefs decided to bring it, Cardinals proved they have a long long way to go.

I think that’s a little hard. The game was right there until Rosen made his 9th screen pass of the game.

The chiefs simply brought the house in the final minutes, in obvious passing situations, against a rookie QB.

Any JR team coach shoulda done the same thing.

I’m not defending Wilks; he’s not HC material in my mind. But I think some of those guys brought what little pride they had yesterday.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
As I watched today’s game, sadly my attitude throughout the entire broadcast was “who cares”.

As a diehard fan, it pains me to realize that not once was I excited about any play in the game or find myself screaming at the TV be it a positive or negative play.

If us “diehards” have grown apathetic, what is the casual fan experiencing right now?

The scariest position for Michael Bidwill to be in is one in which the fans are no longer angry but simply apathetic. Just for kicks here’s the official definition of the word apathetic:

Apathetic - “Feeling indifferent or lacking emotion, often a sign of depression.”

Again, Michael we are all looking at you for answers. It’s your move. I implore you to make the necessary moves before we all stop caring.

I primed myself years ago that 2018 was going to be rough considering the moves Keim and co. were making to go all-in 2014-2017. For me, I'm not sweating this season. The only thing that surprises me is that Wilks and McCoy have vastly underperformed in their respective positions. I pegged the Cards at 6-10, but now I think 3-13 or 4-12 are the more reasonable outcomes. Frankly, I don't care if we lose out. I just want to see Rosen grow and keep him alive for next season.

Yes, I'm apathetic today, but my expectations in 2019 will increase ten-fold. This is why I'm not quick to jettison Keim like most are. I'm curious to see if he will be able to jumpstart the roster like he did in 2013. If not, Keim will be gone before 2020.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
This. For as long as I can recall we have needed o-line help and depth and every year it just seems to get ignored.
It’s not getting ignored either Keim or his scouts are striking out big time!!! Plenty of piss poor FA & busted draft picks have been spent & yet this is his worst work!!!

Reaction score
The thing that was apparent and needs most focus from fans is: When it started to matter (early in 4th quarter) the chiefs woke up and stomped the Cardinals.

Couple of things to infer

1) Chiefs were mildly overlooking the Cardinals until then.
2) When Chiefs decided to bring it, Cardinals proved they have a long long way to go.

I don't think they stomped the Cards. They were driving with less than 3 min in the game. A TD there & we take the lead with 2 min to go.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This. For as long as I can recall we have needed o-line help and depth and every year it just seems to get ignored.

we had a solid O-line in 2014 and a GREAT O-line in 2015. They weren't great individually but worked very well as a unit... and then decided to make mass changes. Gone were Bobbie Massie at RT and soon enough Veldheer was swapped from LT to RT. Our C who wasn't great, was replaced by someone even worse.

None of that made sense to me. That O-line opened up holes big enough for old man CJ to run through and DJ to blast through while giving Palmer a lot of time. And I think the only player who stuck at his position moving forward was Iupati... who was good his first couple years and then broke down... and yet is still on the team and being depended on to anchor the interior of his side of the line.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we had a solid O-line in 2014 and a GREAT O-line in 2015. They weren't great individually but worked very well as a unit... and then decided to make mass changes. Gone were Bobbie Massie at RT and soon enough Veldheer was swapped from LT to RT. Our C who wasn't great, was replaced by someone even worse.

None of that made sense to me. That O-line opened up holes big enough for old man CJ to run through and DJ to blast through while giving Palmer a lot of time. And I think the only player who stuck at his position moving forward was Iupati... who was good his first couple years and then broke down... and yet is still on the team and being depended on to anchor the interior of his side of the line.

The Bears now have 3 of our former offensive linemen - Massie, Sowell, and Watford.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got home from golf, plopped down and turned the game on. Wow 20 to 14, the game had possibilities,.....ugh, Rosen throws the pick.. Game over, man. I shined a couple pair of shoes after the air went out of the balloon.

Onward and upward, I'll be at the Raider game Sunday .. Go Cards!

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's air the grievances now even though we're not close to Festivus yet. Do we stink right now? Yes. Are we probably going to finish 4-12? Probably. But is there something we can point to that all hope isn't lost? Yes, and here it is.

Not many gave us a chance Sunday. We were playing one of the hottest teams in the league on a field we've never won on. We were facing one of the most dynamic QB's in the league with one of the best running backs, best tight ends, and WR's. We were also facing a formidable defense. Judging by the season so far, you would have thought we would fold faster than an over caffeinated origami artist especially after it took them all of 15 seconds to score to start the game. But guess what? We didn't fold. We took their best and even if it was Ali/Wepner, but like the Bayonne Bleeder, we didn't go down. In fact until late in the game the outcome was still in question. I was convinced that if we had any kind of offensive line we might have won. We also stopped Mahomes' 300 yard passing streak. It might not look like much but it's something to build on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The biggest question mark in my mind is how can a guy who was an offensive lineman in the NFL not figure out how to build a line after 5 years at the helm? In fact this may be the worse line in his 5 year tenure.
I said this in another thread but we had a hall of fame offensive lineman as our offensive line coach and he couldn't build a decent line either.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I said this in another thread but we had a hall of fame offensive lineman as our offensive line coach and he couldn't build a decent line either.

The guy watched the freaking halftime show, in lieu of making adjustments.... He should have been tarred and feathered.

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score
If we had an o-line we might have won this game. Still excited and still a die hard...since the St. Louis days

I agree, but I don't think it's even 'might have won' , I think we would have won ... with ANY other O-line in the NFL except the one we have ... that drunken snot Keim has wasted years creating this pile of garbage...

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score

Being a great player does NOT mean you will be a great caoch... and he sure as hell wasn't. Just like being a great player doesn't mean you can sniff out the talent in others (e.g. Elway and QBs)...

LittleDavis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I agree, but I don't think it's even 'might have won' , I think we would have won ... with ANY other O-line in the NFL except the one we have ... that drunken snot Keim has wasted years creating this pile of garbage...
I really like Cole. He is going to be solid

See ya Smith
See ya Lupati

Not sure about Pugh and Humphries

We have a lot of cap to go get a LG and RT

Reaction score

I don't think Keim is the one that's drunk here...