where is This_guy?

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just want to be sure he is still safe after that horrid performance yesterday. I know he is hurt that his boy ain't the starter no more :wave:

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
clif said:
Just want to be sure he is still safe after that horrid performance yesterday. I know he is hurt that his boy ain't the starter no more :wave:

Don't most semi pro teams have boards now?

I'd look there for new posters talking up some guy named King the pride of Tulane leading the team to the cereal bowl.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Here we go insurance adjusters, here we go!!!

This_Guy

Veteran
Reaction score
Nice work, guys. I'll just lump you all in with the crowd that spent most of Sunday booing.

My thoughts on the booing? Those of you who noted that as paying fans you have every right to boo are absolutely correct. But that does not change the fact that doing so makes you some combination of classless and clueless.

Classless, for the obvious reason that you were booing your own team, but also because you've completely misjudged a person. Clueless, because anyone who even thought "We want Josh" much less screamed it at the top of their lungs doesn't know anything about football. The thought of football savvy fans in Green Bay, Washington, Chicago etc ever calling for a QB as bad as McCown is laughable.

The irony being, for all the anger directed at King and Green for going with King it was only Green in the first place who sold you a bill of goods on McCown. So if Green had spent the pre season and first 9 games talking about King being the next Brett Favre, would you have booed when Green brought in McCown? Even funnier were the times that King avoided the rush and threw the ball out of bounds only to be booed, yet McCown had a serious problem taking sacks. Not only that, but it's the same folks who had a laundry list of excuses why McCown wasn't at fault yet don't give King any slack for having an absurd number of penalties and key drops. Simply put, if you took part in that booing, you don't know much about football and should just drink your beer and enjoy a nice day in the sun.

As for King being benched, I have no problem with it. He didn't play very well. That interception was terrible and cost the team 7 points. It was the easist throw King had all day, and he underthrew it by at least 5 yards, so he short armed it. That's not something you can do. King gave away a few other downs with bad throws (which were surprising), but those were not mistakes.

For whatever reason, King was also holding on to the ball too long, which I think was King's way of trying to let the receivers get open downfield. That was not something he was doing in preseason, when he was making quick reads and quick throws.

King wasn't as bad as most of you football neophytes are making him out to be, and he was certainly better than McCown. I would have had a problem if Green went back to McCown, but he appropriately went to Navarre, which further reinforces the hilarity of the "we want Josh" chants.

As Green noted, it was a quick hook, but since King did not play well there's nothing that can be said or done to refute it.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
Probably writing a thesis on how to explain why King was benched yesterday. :shrug:

Ask and ye shall receive. Seek and ye shall find. Good call AZDad.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
It's really fun to look for all of the hidden insults!! :D
It's like Where's Waldo?

If I wasn't such a football neophyte I might read it again. As it stands, I'm just too dumb.

Josh McCown. Not very good, just better than King.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
This_Guy said:
King gave away a few other downs with bad throws (which were surprising), but those were not mistakes.

What the heck are you talking about.

How can a bad throw not be a mistake.

You are worse then a politician.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
It's like Where's Waldo?

If I wasn't such a football neophyte I might read it again. As it stands, I'm just too dumb.

:notworthy

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
This_Guy said:
Nice work, guys. I'll just lump you all in with the crowd that spent most of Sunday booing.

My thoughts on the booing? Those of you who noted that as paying fans you have every right to boo are absolutely correct. But that does not change the fact that doing so makes you some combination of classless and clueless.

Classless, for the obvious reason that you were booing your own team, but also because you've completely misjudged a person. Clueless, because anyone who even thought "We want Josh" much less screamed it at the top of their lungs doesn't know anything about football. The thought of football savvy fans in Green Bay, Washington, Chicago etc ever calling for a QB as bad as McCown is laughable.

The irony being, for all the anger directed at King and Green for going with King it was only Green in the first place who sold you a bill of goods on McCown. So if Green had spent the pre season and first 9 games talking about King being the next Brett Favre, would you have booed when Green brought in McCown? Even funnier were the times that King avoided the rush and threw the ball out of bounds only to be booed, yet McCown had a serious problem taking sacks. Not only that, but it's the same folks who had a laundry list of excuses why McCown wasn't at fault yet don't give King any slack for having an absurd number of penalties and key drops. Simply put, if you took part in that booing, you don't know much about football and should just drink your beer and enjoy a nice day in the sun.

As for King being benched, I have no problem with it. He didn't play very well. That interception was terrible and cost the team 7 points. It was the easist throw King had all day, and he underthrew it by at least 5 yards, so he short armed it. That's not something you can do. King gave away a few other downs with bad throws (which were surprising), but those were not mistakes.

For whatever reason, King was also holding on to the ball too long, which I think was King's way of trying to let the receivers get open downfield. That was not something he was doing in preseason, when he was making quick reads and quick throws.

King wasn't as bad as most of you football neophytes are making him out to be, and he was certainly better than McCown. I would have had a problem if Green went back to McCown, but he appropriately went to Navarre, which further reinforces the hilarity of the "we want Josh" chants.

As Green noted, it was a quick hook, but since King did not play well there's nothing that can be said or done to refute it.

Geez just admit that he look worst than Josh so we can all moved on instead of

Originally Posted by This_Guy

King gave away a few other downs with bad throws (which were surprising), but those were not mistakes.

:doi: :doi: :doi:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This_Guy said:
The irony being ... it was only Green in the first place who sold you a bill of goods on McCown.
And you sold us King. One guy is selling a Pinto, the other an Edsel. They're both flawed.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
What the heck are you talking about.

How can a bad throw not be a mistake.

You are worse then a politician.

I think he's saying bad throw is not a mistake, as in I overthrow someone that's just a bad throw, I throw a linedrive to the CB because I'm trying to make a play, that's a mistake?

I see that point but overall I think King had his chance and blew it, he had guys open repeatedly and missed them. Several times he threw balls way out of bounds that didn't need to be thrown away, we had single coverage, put the ball up high near the sideline and let the WR make a play on it, don't just huck it out of bounds. He was just WAY too inaccurate.

That pick was the last straw, an NFL QB HAS to make that throw, precisely what they were saying on ESPN when they looked at it, to paraphrase "in the NFL that is WIDE open, if you can't make THAT throw, you can't start for Dennis Green."

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This_Guy said:
King wasn't as bad as most of you football neophytes are making him out to be, and he was certainly better than McCown.

you are a complete joke. The guy throws for 119 yards and leads us to 3 points after leading us to 10 points last week and throws the most PATHETIC pass I've ever seen in my life and we are 0-2 and yet somehow he was still "certainly better than McCown"? My God - Both of them are pieces of crap - but at least McCown was crap with peanuts.

Anywho - considering now that your boy is THIRD STRING I guess we'll have the pleasure of NEVER seeing you again - you're sycophantic tirades are finally over - hope you have fun worshipping Queen in the Arena League or the CFL or wherever he ends up next.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
The most interesting aspect of This_guy's post is his inability to absorb the fact that Shaun King, the guy who occupied his lovelorn daydreams during his dorm days at Tulane, is a very bad NFL quarterback. Actually, interesting is the wrong word; pathetic is more applicable.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does Shaun King have the arm strength to play in the Arena League?

This_Guy

Veteran
Reaction score
I find this amusing, all of that pent up anger and booing that was directed at King on Sunday is directed to me on this forum. The good news is I'm not worried about what you think about this guy. The bad news is whatever I think seems to be on the forefront of your minds.

And like King, I can't win for trying. I came here, said he played poorly and should have been benched, and get venom filled reponses. Have at it.
It's really fun to look for all of the hidden insults!!
Glad you enjoy them, most here couldn't find them even if they were looking.
And you sold us King. One guy is selling a Pinto, the other an Edsel. They're both flawed.
"I" sold you King? I thought I was a pathetic moron who didn't know what I was talking about. Either that, or there's a 2 page thread where people are talking about me and what I think. It's definitely one or the other though.
I think he's saying bad throw is not a mistake, as in I overthrow someone that's just a bad throw, I throw a linedrive to the CB because I'm trying to make a play, that's a mistake?
More or less, but the difference is more pronounced. King made the right reads and didn't make the throws. McCown repeatedly threw into coverage. There is a difference between not reading the play correctly and not executing the play correctly.
I see that point but overall I think King had his chance and blew it, he had guys open repeatedly and missed them. Several times he threw balls way out of bounds that didn't need to be thrown away,
I think I agreed with that and got trashed for it. But I digress...
you are a complete joke.
Spare me.
The guy throws for 119 yards and leads us to 3 points
Even though that was 3 quarters, it was still more yards than some of McCown's games this year.
after leading us to 10 points last week and throws the most PATHETIC pass I've ever seen in my life and we are 0-2 and yet somehow he was still "certainly better than McCown"? My God - Both of them are pieces of crap - but at least McCown was crap with peanuts.
I suspect that almost every passing statistic was better under King rather than McCown.
Anywho - considering now that your boy is THIRD STRING I guess we'll have the pleasure of NEVER seeing you again - you're sycophantic tirades are finally over - hope you have fun worshipping Queen in the Arena League or the CFL or wherever he ends up next.
I wish I could sound as powerful as you behind that keyboard. Grow up. You need more intelligent football fans not less.
The most interesting aspect of This_guy's post is his inability to absorb the fact that Shaun King, the guy who occupied his lovelorn daydreams during his dorm days at Tulane, is a very bad NFL quarterback. Actually, interesting is the wrong word; pathetic is more applicable.
This coming from someone who actually screamed repeatedly "We want Josh" out loud....thanks for the advice.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Spare us the "woe is me" stuff.

If all you can do at this point is trash McCown and anyone that backs him then your days here are numbered.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort