What's your favorite computer/video game(s) ever?

NJYAJ09

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
slinslin do you post on the message boards there? if so, whats your s/n?

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My favorite games are usually always games with a great story line and character development. Action games are fun but to me nothing is as good as a game like Baldurs Gate II or Gabriel Knight. They usually don't make them as well on Consules I don't think so that's why I normally stick with computer games.... Doom III was a lot of fun though with it's scary atmosphere. I also really liked Max Payne and sometimes like to play a good strategy game like Warcraft III or a Command and Conquer. Diablo was fun but just not enough depth for me. Still think it has the best intro graphics I've ever seen in
Diablo II and that game is pretty old!

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:
My favorite games are usually always games with a great story line and character development.

Knights of the Old Republic 2 is coming out soon.

NJYAJ09

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The new Star Wars game looks to be pretty cool too. Sort of along the same lines of KOTOR, just with more open ended action.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
vince56 said:
Knights of the Old Republic 2 is coming out soon.

Yeah I'm looking forward to that. I really liked the original one. Still not as much as somthing like Baldurs Gate II. Still found the characters more simplistic and the same for the plot compared to a few other rpgs I've played.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone remember playing the following games:

Paperboy, Joust, Argon, Legacy, or even the Atari game version of the movie Porkys?

Brown_Blood

Seven.
Reaction score
KLL said:
Anyone remember playing the following games:

Paperboy, Joust, Argon, Legacy, or even the Atari game version of the movie Porkys?
Paperboy and Joust, yes. Legacy sounds familiar, but I don't recall it. The other two, never heard of.

I didn't enjoy Paperboy all that much, but Joust was a blast. Right up there with Centipede, Galaga, and Defender.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Paperboy may just be the first computer game I've ever played... although I didn't remember it until you mentioned it.

I am not big on computer/video games, but of the ones I really enjoyed were the Resident Evil series as well as Silent Hill and Metal Gear Solid on Playstation. On PC: Half Life, Hitman, Grad Theft Auto. Oh and the classic Myst.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved Paperboy (in the arcade...or, more accurately, the 7-11...the home version sucked).

My favorite is by far John Madden Football. It's all I play.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
I can't believe people play games on their computers. Everyone I know plays XBox or PS2. Weird.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I still bust out Tyson's punch out from time to time. I have a 27inch upstairs with the nintendo, and the atari attached to it.

Missile Command
Tyson's Punch Out
Madden
Tecmo Bowl
John Elway's QB is fun when you cheat.

Dreamcast - House of the Dead 2.

Also liked Links, Wolfenstein, Myst, & Duke Nukem on the computer. & Warcraft 2 Orcs vs. Humans was fun.

redheat

A real American hero
Reaction score
PC
-Tie Fighter/XWing
-ZOrk-all of them

Console
-Goldeneye
-Zelda
-Mario Kart
-Madden

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bandit Kings of Ancient China. It's a turn based strategy game for the original NES. I still play it every now and then.

Steve

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Medal of Honor Allied Assualt is one of my all time favorites. It realy was the first standout WW2 FPS IMO. There wasn't a person alive that loved shooters (that I knew) that didn't own that game and played it online constantly.

Some of the preconfigured dialogue you could say at other players during game was pretty dang funny.