What Would YOU like In Return for Amare?

krazyasiankid

Registered
Reaction score

Well, I’ve been against trading Amare because he is my favourite player, but if he is going to bolt in 2010, better to trade him now and get something back from it.

I wouldn’t mind trading with GSW, but I don’t see why GSW would do it. Firstly they give up Stephen Curry, who has got star potential, and even though Amare will be their #1 scorer, they will be still a losing side. Amare hasn’t played on a losing side before, so he will probably die of frustration, and lose all his patience, which will affect GSW’s chemistry…

Wishful thinking.. but I would like… :D:D:D:D

GSW RECIEVES..

Amare Stoudemire
Steve nash

PHX RECEIVES

Stephen Curry
Monta Ellis
Andris Biedrins

LOL not even in fantasy Land will that trade happen.. It would maybe if Steve Kerr and Robert Sarver were in charge of the GSW.. sighs

So.. What would YOU like in return for Amare? A new GM perhaps?

Cody

i love defense
Reaction score
something to houstan to bring it tmac

Cody

i love defense
Reaction score
Cody, please explain why you would want the Suns to get Tracy McGrady?

id love to get tmac, artest and somethin else

OP asked what we wanted. get over it.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score

Well artest would have to be a sign and trade, and i doubt he'd want to play here in Phoenix. Plus With Tmac's huge contract it would be impossible to get those two for amare. We'd have to add a whole lot more salary.

But since the thread is about "what would you like for amare?", I'll have to accept whatever you say.

OldDirtMcGirt

Reaction score
Al Jefferson and Johnny Flynn. I was overjoyed for the two hours that that trade rumor lasted.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ricky Rubio

Screw GS, we don't want other filler. They want curry, no amare.

I don't like that trade anyways, but to take an even crappier deal now than the relatively bad one already fell through because of GS would be insane. A front office that isn't a joke would end all talks unless GS gave up something better but different than Curry.

I'd call minnesota and ask about Ricky Rubio. He's the only guy in this draft, and not named KG, Lebron, Kobe, Howard that is worth trading Amare away.

If we are going to trade him, and now we might have to, go for Rubio. (and cap filler)

Last edited:

OldDirtMcGirt

Reaction score
Ricky Rubio

Screw GS, we don't want other filler. They want curry, no amare.

I don't like that trade anyways, but to take an even crappier deal now than the relatively bad one already fell through because of GS would be insane. A front office that isn't a joke would end all talks unless GS gave up something better but different than Curry.

I'd call minnesota and ask about Ricky Rubio. He's the only guy in this draft, and not named KG, Lebron, Kobe, Howard that is worth trading Amare away.

If we are going to trade him, and now we might have to, go for Rubio. (and cap filler)

I agree about going after Rubio (or at least Flynn), but I'm not sure why they'd deal for Amare. They already have too many power forwards.

scotsman13

Reaction score

what is it with suns fans and artest and tmac. tmac should just retire right now and get it over with because except for a couple games a year he is a total waste. artest on the other hand is less then worthless, he is a walking cancer of a human being. of everything that is wrong with the nba today iverson, artest, and carmelo are 3 players i wouldnt touch if they came with a promise of championships for the next 20 years.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
Good thread. Interesting to see what everyone values Amare at right now.

I'm actually in line with what the Suns are apparently asking, more or less.

Couple of young, top-flight frontcourt prospects along with either a high lottery pick or a lottery level guard prospect. Alternatively, a veteran, lower level all star entering their prime, along with some young bench talent and a lottery pick.

Wolves deal of Al Jefferson & #6 made sense (although I think Big Al is wrong for the Suns' style).

Wiz deal of Butler, #5, and young pieces (I'm mixed on how much better Butler gets, but he's a legit lower-level all-star right now).

GS deal of Biedrins, Wright, #7 (Curry) + pretty good young pieces (Belinelli/Azu)

Grizzlies deal of Gay & #2 (not sure who the Suns would have taken if they had the #2, though - are they crazy for Rubio? Dunno).

All of these are rumoured asks by the Suns for Amare, and they all fit the pattern above. And seem about right given his younger age and insane offensive talent balanced by various non-trivial question marks around defense and health. (I leave off attitude, because I think Amare's rumoured 'issues' will be gone when he is 'the man' on his own team.)

Last edited:

Cody

i love defense
Reaction score
what is it with suns fans and artest and tmac. tmac should just retire right now and get it over with because except for a couple games a year he is a total waste. artest on the other hand is less then worthless, he is a walking cancer of a human being. of everything that is wrong with the nba today iverson, artest, and carmelo are 3 players i wouldnt touch if they came with a promise of championships for the next 20 years.

thread was "What Would YOU like In Return for Amare?"...not "What Would scotsman13 like In Return for Amare?"

arwillan

The King
Reaction score

Artest is not as much of an idiot as he used to be, first of all. He did a fanstastic job in Houston last year, especially in the post-season. He stayed out of trouble, other than when he got into Kobe's face which, let's face it, was well-deserved. Carmelo isn't an idiot either. He's matured some and also had a fantastic year last year. Iverson, on the other hand, is now just an older moron than before. I wouldn't want him on my team either.

PDR

Suns: L, L, L, L, L, L
Reaction score
If it was T-Wolves,
Flynn
Gomes
Brewer
2nd rounder next year

Suns give up
Amare
Hill (resigned)

JustinD

Veteran
Reaction score
how about Sam Cassel, Robert Horry, Chucky Brown & Mark Bryant ? LOL

but seriously, i'm on board for the GS trade...curry or not...its better than letting amare walk next year and i don't want to see them sign him to an extension either.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Anthony Randolph and Biedrins...'

Why?

I'm telling ya, that Randolph kid will become KG-like in 3-4 seasons. I'm seeing 20ppg, 12 rebounds, 3-4 assists, 3 blocks, being the best SF/PF combo.

I saw Garnett in his first 2 seasons, Randolph looks similar that KG came to the league skinny as with talent and physical size and such... minus weight.

I didnt want to bring that up at other forums where Warrior fans posted. But Im serious, put 20-30 pounds on Randolph and he'd be a PF with SF skills and top big man talent to boot.

Odom is just a "safer" projection, Odom could of been much better as everyone knows but he is a mental midget.... Randolph is young still and has shown aggressiveness and swagger Odom never had.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
Anthony Randolph and Biedrins...'

Why?

I'm telling ya, that Randolph kid will become KG-like in 3-4 seasons. I'm seeing 20ppg, 12 rebounds, 3-4 assists, 3 blocks, being the best SF/PF combo.

I saw Garnett in his first 2 seasons, Randolph looks similar that KG came to the league skinny as with talent and physical size and such... minus weight.

I didnt want to bring that up at other forums where Warrior fans posted. But Im serious, put 20-30 pounds on Randolph and he'd be a PF with SF skills and top big man talent to boot.

Odom is just a "safer" projection, Odom could of been much better as everyone knows but he is a mental midget.... Randolph is young still and has shown aggressiveness and swagger Odom never had.

Sssshhh! ;) There's a reason the Suns wanted those two for Amare. All the scuttle says that was the initial ask. Both are going to be good for a long time.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Knicks may be open to a trade...D'Antoni already has Amar'e molded to his specifications. I highly doubt a deal would go down, but anything is possible at this point...

Knicks get:
Stoudemire
(Conditional 2nd round pick)

Suns get:
David Lee
Nate Robinson

I'm not a trade guru by any means, but this deal looks good to me lol

OP
OP
krazyasiankid

krazyasiankid

Registered
Reaction score
Good thread. Interesting to see what everyone values Amare at right now.

I'm actually in line with what the Suns are apparently asking, more or less.

Couple of young, top-flight frontcourt prospects along with either a high lottery pick or a lottery level guard prospect. Alternatively, a veteran, lower level all star entering their prime, along with some young bench talent and a lottery pick.

Wolves deal of Al Jefferson & #6 made sense (although I think Big Al is wrong for the Suns' style).

Wiz deal of Butler, #5, and young pieces (I'm mixed on how much better Butler gets, but he's a legit lower-level all-star right now).

GS deal of Biedrins, Wright, #7 (Curry) + pretty good young pieces (Belinelli/Azu)

Grizzlies deal of Gay & #2 (not sure who the Suns would have taken if they had the #2, though - are they crazy for Rubio? Dunno).

All of these are rumoured asks by the Suns for Amare, and they all fit the pattern above. And seem about right given his younger age and insane offensive talent balanced by various non-trivial question marks around defense and health. (I leave off attitude, because I think Amare's rumoured 'issues' will be gone when he is 'the man' on his own team.)

Curry is out of the question now.. I think..

Amare and (someone else) for

Beidrins, Azuibuke, Randolph and future 2nd round pick