What Was Your 1st "R" Rated Movie?

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've always avoided CMT because I always avoid tourist-y stuff in LA, but I probably should make the effort to go once. I do love the flicker of a good film in an old theater.

You have NO idea what you are missing if you are avoiding the tourist-y theaters in LA. Fabulous lobbies to start with and things get better from there.

Actually, you are missing out on a whole lot of things if you're avoiding the tourist-y things in that town.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been to the drive in at 59th & Bethany (Glendale 7, I think it's called--still there) many times :)

"Thunderbird drive in": Don't know what you're talking about. :shrug:

Tbird Drive in was a one screen drive in from a LONG time ago. 59th and Missouri. 59th and Bethany was Chicken Park. :)

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have NO idea what you are missing if you are avoiding the tourist-y theaters in LA. Fabulous lobbies to start with and things get better from there.

yup. the Chinese and FOX Theater in Westwood are just cathedrals of cinema. incredibly huge screens, amazing sounds and killer decor. haven't seen a flick up at Chinese for a while. seems like they get the absolute worst movies lately.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when I was 13, we used to sneak under the chain link fence which surrounded the old Round-Up Drive In at 68th & Thomas and rather than watch the movie for boobs and stuff, we'd just walk around looking into the cars to see the real thing. :)
JTS

You prolly still do this

:D

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
yup. the Chinese and FOX Theater in Westwood are just cathedrals of cinema. incredibly huge screens, amazing sounds and killer decor. haven't seen a flick up at Chinese for a while. seems like they get the absolute worst movies lately.

Sadly it's a good gauge of how bad most event movies are now. I mean, they're playing Season of the Witch there now! Of course, unless a Pixar movie is out, across the street at the El Cap isn't much better (even though it's another terrific theater). I did notice though, that they're doing a special engagement right now--The Little Mermaid. If I had kids, I'd be all over that.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Man I miss those theaters. I have not been in some time. I used to go and visit by brother all the time out there when he was doing stunt and martial arts choreography work for movies/TV.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sadly it's a good gauge of how bad most event movies are now. I mean, they're playing Season of the Witch there now! Of course, unless a Pixar movie is out, across the street at the El Cap isn't much better (even though it's another terrific theater). I did notice though, that they're doing a special engagement right now--The Little Mermaid. If I had kids, I'd be all over that.

agreed... but even the last couple event movies haven't been screening there it seems like. although, i guess you're right... there really hasn't been that big monsterous event movie in a while.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Mine was Porky's and I remember the day vividly!

That was my first "real" rated R movie too. I was probably about 10 when I saw it on HBO. My mom had no clue about the awesome movies I used to stay up to watch, not that she really would have cared anyway.

My first official rated R movie was Vacation when I was 9, but that's a pretty tame R. Just some cuss words if I remember correctly.

My first R movie I saw in a theater was Rambo 3. My friend and I, both in 8th grade, rode our bikes to the midnight movie. I can't believe our folks let us do that. I remember how wild the crowd was because it was a packed house and most people were pretty liquored up.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think we are staying near the Chinese later this month for a wedding (Renaissance Hollywood Hotel). Never been to the Chinese before. Maybe we will have to catch a movie there.

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it was Blue Lagoon and we snuck into it. Hey, Brooke Shields was pretty hot looking to adolescent boys in those days.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn