What video games have you been playing lately?

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to say that MVP 05 is still MUCH better than MLB2k7. It's kind of funny that I don't care for Madden much on the 360. I was a HUGE fan of the NFL2k series. (I still play the PC version of Madden, though. It's a much better game.) But, I hate the MLB2k series and loved MVP.

MVP 07 Mod is awesome though. If you have the PC version of MVP 05 it updates the entire game to match this season. (Rosters, schedules, stats, players, uniforms, even the game menu / interface. EVERYTHING.) http://www.mvpmods.com
I had heard of that project and may try to hunt down a cheap PC copy of the game just to try it out. I'd love to have an updated version of MVP and this looks like it may be the only way it will happen in the foreseeable future.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
A friend of mine spent a few months trying to find a cheap copy of MVP. (It's going for $60+ on eBay.)

He had to get the game using an "alternate" method.

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine spent a few months trying to find a cheap copy of MVP. (It's going for $60+ on eBay.)

He had to get the game using an "alternate" method.
Yeah, amazon.com has it going for $50, so it looks like I'm really going to have to look hard to find a reasonably priced copy.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Well, since I've all but quit WoW I've been looking for something new. Waiting on Warhammer, but that may be awhile.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I'm playing STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl. Anyone else playing it? I'm stuck.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gears of War

Castlevania: SOTN (Well worth the $10 at Xbox Live Arcade)

NBA2k7 - Just made the finals. Ironically Amare went down with a knee injury right before the WCF vs the Spurs. Won game 7 on a last second jumper with Nash.

Baseball Mogul 2008 (Great game for sim freaks.)

Geometry Wars Evolved

Geometry Wars is the best Arcade game on Xbox Live. What is your high score? I was not able to obtain the 1 million without dying achievement, but I got the rest.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
I'm playing STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl. Anyone else playing it? I'm stuck.

Is that out finally? I was looking forward to STALKER. I'll have to check it out.

I've hoping I get picked for the beta for Conan: Age of Hyperboria. An "M" rated MMO with combat animations that allow beheadings and dismemberment sounds awesome!

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am currently playing Titans Quest (an action RPG in the mold of Diablo II). Last night I got to the big boss, Typhon, so I will see if I can "take him out" tonight...

Stil have about 10 unopened games to play on the PC and x360... :( Of course, I am probably too old to play as much as I do, but it is who I am. :)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am currently playing Titans Quest (an action RPG in the mold of Diablo II). Last night I got to the big boss, Typhon, so I will see if I can "take him out" tonight...

Stil have about 10 unopened games to play on the PC and x360... :( Of course, I am probably too old to play as much as I do, but it is who I am. :)

No such thing as being too old to game.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Castlevania: SOTN (Well worth the $10 at Xbox Live Arcade)

Wow, that's on Arcade. I need to DL it.

I missed out on all gaming from N64 to the beginning of PS2, so there are a lot of great games I missed.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's on Arcade. I need to DL it.

I missed out on all gaming from N64 to the beginning of PS2, so there are a lot of great games I missed.

Wow. So I downloaded Castlevania: SOTN and am loving it so far. Played it for a few hours this weekend.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I played it for 5 minutes a few years ago. I have a N64 now, so I should go back and get that and Mario Kart.

and PilotWings

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I played it for 5 minutes a few years ago. I have a N64 now, so I should go back and get that and Mario Kart.
You should add Rogue Squadron and Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey to the list. Somebody will inevitably also suggest Zelda.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oblivion. I can't put the damn thing down. That and COD2 online (PC) and COD3 (XBOX 360).

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Does anyone own a stand up old school Video Arcade machine? I'm thinking about buying one or 2 for my bonus room but haven't looked too hard yet for them. I'm thinking a pinball machine and some other video game one not sure what game though.

We have a store here in town that sells old/refurbished machines for decent prices, I want to make my way over there to visit.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone own a stand up old school Video Arcade machine? I'm thinking about buying one or 2 for my bonus room but haven't looked too hard yet for them. I'm thinking a pinball machine and some other video game one not sure what game though.

We have a store here in town that sells old/refurbished machines for decent prices, I want to make my way over there to visit.

Just build or buy one that will play 2000 games.

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bought a used copy of the second Knights of the Old Republic. Its the only RPG I enjoy. :thumbup:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard