What now?

fordronken

Reaction score
With two games left in the season, and no ability to move down or up in the standings, how do we balance between rest and momentum? Do we go full out and try to stay hot going into the postseason? Do we just play our big guys 20 minutes a piece and see what happens? Or do we see how the game is going and make a decision? And did I really post this many questions without a statement?

cly2tw

Reaction score
I say let's rest Marbury and give the next game up to Portland, so that we could avoid Lakers in the second round.

Actually, Spurs may be trying to lose their last two, just to avoid the Suns. They'd rather face the Lakers in the first round, I guess.

Last edited:

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
How about a starting lineup of:

Taskalidis - get in shape
Langhi
Voskul
Jacobson
Williams

and JJ for awhile

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The Suns should definitely try to win their last two games. Their focus has been erratic all season, and it would be stupid to give it up for no reason. Marbury's and Marion's minutes might as well be cut back a little, and it would make sense to give Tsakalidis (and Gugliotta?) a little time, but basically the Suns should approach the games like they need to win them.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
elindholm hit it right on the nose.

Don't give up the momentum!

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Marbury - 30-33 minutes
Hardaway - 20 minutes
Marion 30-35 minutes
Amare - 38-42 minutes (seriously. play him alot before the playoffs to get him in a groove. He's young, it wont hurt him.)
Big Jake - 35-40 (Same theory as Amare)

Bench guys..meh. Too lazy to do that right now. ;) But ill say JJ should get 25-30 min. Give Casey as many minutes as possible without hurting the team..

reedykat

Reaction score
I don't think that we should ever intentionally lose a game. We need to continue the momentum going into the playoffs. However, we should rest our starters by trimming back their minutes. I have faith that our bench will rise to the occasion. This is a perfect time to increase the bench minutes.
GO SUNS!!
The race ain't over... Continue on with your journey

BALLERMANIA2

Reaction score
a note to frank johnson, PLAY BIG JAKE, PLAY BIG JAKE, PLAY BIG JAKE, PLAY BIG JAKE, PLAY BIG JAKE. if he doesnt play him significant minutes the last two games, someone needs to slap the fire out of him. this is the perfect opportunity to get him some good time. by the way did i mention that he needs to PLAY BIG JAKE.