What happened to Isaiah Simmons?

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I love your beauty and your voice, but don't get me wrong, I don't really like some of your statements about football

Do you see Simmons amounting to anything?

And considering Keims woeful ineptness when it comes to drafting

What really do you have to lose?

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And I was one of the original posters who say this simmons - vance joseph experiement being a fiasco as it has played out.

Vance is incapable of adjusting his scheme to his players.

And Simmons is a tweener/hybrid and Kiem history has suggested those sort of players have been spectacular failures for the most part.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you see Simmons amounting to anything?

And considering Keims woeful ineptness when it comes to drafting

What really do you have to lose?

Too early too say it was the wrong pick
But its never too late to say if they want to see him progressing and make an impact he needs a new coach

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I find it inconceivable that Simmons is too dumb to learn this defense to the point where they don’t even play him. He was/is one of the most talented/athletic players coming out in this draft...just mind boggling he’s not getting any reps. This is all on Keim and Vance...how the hell do you draft a guy top 10 and not have a plan for him...absolutely insane.

Why the F is it Keim’s fault that Simmons isn’t playing? This is 100% on Joseph & KK. KK needs to grow a set & force the issue. Trust me, many of you would be screaming bloody murder if Keim hadn’t drafted him when he fell to us. I know for a fact that you could fry an egg on SK’s head over this Simmons not playing issue.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Too early too say it was the wrong pick
But its never too late to say if he wants to see him progressing and make an impact he needs a new coach

I definently agree

We need a DC who is creative and knows how to maximize versatility.

But this is something that Kiem should have known would be an issue

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Why the F is it Keim’s fault that Simmons isn’t playing? This is 100% on Joseph & KK. KK needs to grow a set & force the issue. Trust me, many of you would be screaming bloody murder if Keim hadn’t drafted him when he fell to us. I know for a fact that you could fry an egg on SK’s head over this Simmons not playing issue.
Keim should know the strengths and weaknesses of the DC he hand picked.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Everyone loved the Simmons pick, and especially me
Obviously he has been unlucky to start his nfl career with Vance Joseph
But even if I m optimistic about his future I see some concerns about him
In the few times I watched him on the field looks slow really to recognize a play, that's why is rarely the first guy going to tackle
I mean when I watched Darryl Washington playing the first game he was so quick and u could notice him on almost every plays

Last edited:

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score

Kliff and Keim could easily override Joseph on this issue and I love your reference to frying an egg on Keim’s head over the issue because I can only imagine how angry he is over his pick not playing. The fact that they haven’t forced the issue concerns me. Especially in a blowout with a depleted defense due to injury. It is either one of two things: Vance Joseph is an idiot AND Keim/Kliff have no guts OR Simmons is a complete Fredo. Neither option gives me confidence in the situation

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
no stop cause Isiah Simmons was 100% the right pick to make. Stop acting like we reached for some unheard of player.

I still like the pick of Simmons, I just don’t like how he is being used so far

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kliff and Keim could easily override Joseph on this issue and I love your reference to frying an egg on Keim’s head over the issue because I can only imagine how angry he is over his pick not playing. The fact that they haven’t forced the issue concerns me. Especially in a blowout with a depleted defense due to injury. It is either one of two things: Vance Joseph is an idiot AND Keim/Kliff have no guts OR Simmons is a complete Fredo. Neither option gives me confidence in the situation

Agree! I could understand sitting him if we were a top 5 defense, but our D could REALLY use a top 10 pick right now. Dallas will score 40+ next week on this D. I only hope we can score 45+.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Everything you all just said tells me he's terrible in practice and isn't the impact player they thought he was. If he was good he'd see the field, I'm sure they're all dying for him to be good.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Ok. All of that context is so much more meaningful than Keim

a: knowing Vance is not a creative DC

b: having Devondre Campbell as his number 1 target in FA

c: drafting Simmons to play the exact same position as Campbell

so please, expound on how Keim didn't set this entire thing up to fail? Was Vance suddenly going to become more creative despite his years of history? Was his #1 target in FA going to crap the bed? Was a college S and hybrid player going to beat out a career LB in a traditional LB role?

The only defense for this is Vance flat out lying to Keim in which case Keim should fire him. Well, that hasn't happened so we can assume that Keim took Simmons without any freaking clue or plan in how Vance was going to use him in year 1. It is yet another embarrassing 1st round draft blunder for Keim and a move that marred his otherwise tremendous offseason. All he had to do is take one of the OTs and he woudl have been fine. Instead he shot himself in the foot, again.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How can Steve Keim rightfully employed after being so terrible for so long? I mean..

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
How can Steve Keim rightfully employed after being so terrible for so long? I mean..

I don't know. It seems one step forward and two back most of time at best. This year is further evidence of that. I just know that I have almost no faith in his ability to draft quality players.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Kyler pick + Hop trade secured his job for at least the next 3 years.

time for Mr. B to send a huge suitcase full of cash to Mr. Venables

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
Agree! I could understand sitting him if we were a top 5 defense, but our D could REALLY use a top 10 pick right now. Dallas will score 40+ next week on this D. I only hope we can score 45+.

Why are you assuming he's better than what we have on the field? Don't you think the coaches know better than you?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haason Reddick continues to be MUCH IMPROVED this year.

Weird offseason + young = not time to quit on Simmons

I was convinced DJ Humphreys was a bust when he never got on the field his rookie year. At all. So, yeah, it's too early.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kyler pick + Hop trade secured his job for at least the next 3 years.

time for Mr. B to send a huge suitcase full of cash to Mr. Venables
What is the point of getting caught up in these transactional wins losing the big picture?

After 8 years at the helm, there is one playoff win.
The big picture also is that they have not made playoffs in 4 years. And they continue to look like team that still has more work left to do to even win 9 games consistently.