What are you watching?

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
We are watching a show on Amazon Prime now I think it's IMDB tv not sure. It's Russian with Subtitles called Island of the Unwanted.

16 episodes. It's clearly based on Lost, there's not the mythology and stuff of Lost but it's clearly an attempt to capture some of that show.

The premise is a group of Russians who mostly don't know each other travel to Asia for a trip and wind up in a boat that crashes and sinks and they wind up on this island. Then like Lost they do a bunch of flashbacks to off the island where you realize basically all of these people are somehow interconnected.

The language is very difficult you can't look away or you miss because Russians speak VERY fast especially when excited. And there's some really weird stuff where people in Indonesia are speaking their language and it's then dubbed in Russian while you are reading English subtitles. But we actually like it. It's a show I really wish someone would dub into English. We're not done with it yet I think we have 2-3 episodes left but it is an interesting show.
That got my attention.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That got my attention.

To be clear it's not Lost, not even remotely but the idea is similar bunch of random people on an island and then through flashbacks you find out it's not random.

There's no polar bears or stuff like that but it's interesting.

I just wish it was English, the level of attention it requires because they speak Russian so fast is difficult.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every time I see the episode where Adrianna dies I’m reminded The Sopranos is the GOAT. Thru season 5 at least.

the car ride is so f’ed up. The tension ratcheted up, not by sound or music, but just by the creeping sense of dread and mundanity leading to the act were beyond powerful.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
the car ride is so f’ed up. The tension ratcheted up, not by sound or music, but just by the creeping sense of dread and mundanity leading to the act were beyond powerful.

Then the ending song/scene. She had to go but everything combined made Tony start to unravel. I think the show peaked about then.

Chris is one of my least favorite characters in any show and Drea De Matteo was such a good actress. They were a great drama couple.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every time I see the episode where Adrianna dies I’m reminded The Sopranos is the GOAT. Thru season 5 at least.

I don't know if I'd call it the greatest ever but I did like it. I thought about re-watching The Sopranos recently but I couldn't talk my wife into going through it again. She wants something more upbeat so I'm trying to talk her into re-watching The Shield again. When she says no on that one, I'm hoping I can get her to give Banshee a second chance.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I don't know if I'd call it the greatest ever but I did like it. I thought about re-watching The Sopranos recently but I couldn't talk my wife into going through it again. She wants something more upbeat so I'm trying to talk her into re-watching The Shield again. When she says no on that one, I'm hoping I can get her to give Banshee a second chance.

It never fails. Maybe because the time of my life when I was really into it...

The Shield is also awesome and had an epic finale.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I need a new action or drama series to watch. Any recommendations? Was thinking of picking up Into the Badlands again or possibly starting The Last Kingdom.
I'm watching The Bureau

French spy show

Shades of The Americans + Homeland. If you liked those...

Really enjoying it.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gentefied. I find the switching from English tio Spanish sn issue at times but I really like this show

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I looked it up, @AZCB34, and still have no idea why there isn't an "r" in the the show title. Having seen it, do you know why it isn't "Gentrified?" I'm assuming there's a joke about it in the show, or something about the bilingual aspect?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I looked it up, @AZCB34, and still have no idea why there isn't an "r" in the the show title. Having seen it, do you know why it isn't "Gentrified?" I'm assuming there's a joke about it in the show, or something about the bilingual aspect?

I had to look it up because I asked the same question:

The term “gentefied” is a bit of Spanglish that combines “gentrified” with the Spanish word “gente,” meaning people. The term refers specifically to Latinos gentrifying their own neighborhoods

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brockmire. Absolutely amazing. Somehow is both super light and dark as night.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks really good. I will have to catch that one

you have to like raunchy if you watch this. I mean, it is BEYOND blue humor.

it’s just got such a great mix of really f’ed up humor and heart. That’s a rare combo.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watched the first episode of Invincible on Amazon Prime.

Animated show that seems to be very well liked.

First episode ended with a “Whoa”.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Late to the party in Star Wars: The Clone Wars. This is epic storytelling at its best.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For All Mankind on Apple is also fantastic.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
For All Mankind on Apple is also fantastic.
I think this is the next show I am going to watch. I’ve only heard good things about it. I just finished the first season of Warrior which I enjoyed much more than I thought I would. I have no idea why I didn’t think I would like it, but I foolishly avoided it for far too long.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think this is the next show I am going to watch. I’ve only heard good things about it. I just finished the first season of Warrior which I enjoyed much more than I thought I would. I have no idea why I didn’t think I would like it, but I foolishly avoided it for far too long.
Warrior gets better as it goes. Episode 9 of season 2 is one of my favorite action episodes ever.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose