What are you watching?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Town Drunk, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

Doom Patrol. Surprisingly fun. Irreverent with a bouncy pace for what’s kinda dark subject matter.

Town Drunk likes this.
  2. thirty-two

thirty-two boglehead Contributor

Fringe since you like sci-fi (available for free on IMDB, or it’s also on Amazon Prime). It’s so underrated and I wish more people watched it when it was on.

If you like fun/light comedies, I love Schitt’s Creek. I will forever and ever and ever love Parks & Recreation. I also like Brooklyn 99 and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

For drama/action, I just binged The Americans and it was pretty good. Slow sometimes but definitely interesting most times.

WATCH FRINGE

3. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

Just starting season 5 of Fringe.

Best part of the show IMO is the Astrid/Walter dynamic.

Brian in Mesa likes this.
  4. thirty-two

thirty-two boglehead Contributor

They had a fun dynamic for sure. I particularly loved their relationship in season 4 because Walter was a bit more edgier and mouthy which made for some fun bickering. Like when he asked Astrid via video com to check the patient’s anus, haha.

5. Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing Don't Stop Believin'

Parks and Rec was awesome. I miss that show. So many great characters.

jf-08 likes this.
  6. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

My favorite episode of the series is in season 4, and it just happened to be the one where alternate Astrid came over to the other side.

And then in the 2nd to last episode when she finally showed some of her FBI agent skills before getting<blank>.

7. Raze

Raze Suns fan since '89

If you grew up in the 80's then you probably spent as much time as I did perfecting the unstoppable Crane Kick in your pool. Karate Kid was a staple of my childhood. Now, warp ahead nearly 40 years and you get the show Cobra Kai.

I can't pinpoint why it worked for me, I can just tell you it had me hook, line, and sinker.

Johnny plays the anti-hero to perfection as the audience gets bathed in a world of grey. The writers did an excellent job of portraying "that guy" who never mentally escaped high school. I couldn't stop rooting for Johnny to get his life together.

I especially loved the episode when one of Danny's old buddies deals with cancer. Redeeming a whole group of bad guys from my childhood was incredibly satisfying.

Absolute Zero likes this.
  8. MrYeahbut

MrYeahbut 4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon Contributor

This is a great show. I watched it a couple of years ago and thinking about watching it again. Luckily my memory is bad and I forgot who dun it.

Any of the Nordic Noir shows are good. There's a ton of them. Just finished a couple series of them set in Iceland

Delhi Crime is decent too.

9. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIM™ Contributor

Fringe.
    The Boys (Season 2)

10. Red on White

Red on White Registered

11. Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare Registered

I've been rewatching Battlestar Galactica. Forgot how good that show was. The effects have held up really well too for a 17 year old SyFy show. The surround mix and bass on it are really good too. I've actually been surprised by the sound. I didn't have my good system back when it came out.

12. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIM™ Contributor

I read Battlestar Galactica and instantly thought of the show from 1978. Guess it depends on your age whether you think of the original or the reboot.

Now there’s another Battlestar Galactica series coming from Peacock...

13. Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare Registered

I'm old enough that I loved the original as a little kid. The 2003 version was so much better though that it's in my head now as BSG and the 78 show is the original BSG.

The new show on Peacock I'm not sure on. At first they were saying it was going to take place in the same universe as the 2003 version. I've seen rumors recently that it's going to be a reboot. The latter I'm not really crazy about.

14. Town Drunk

Town Drunk Longest serving ASFN lurker

Just started this. Very fun. Love Brendan Fraser in it. The actress who plays Jane is also phenomenal.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  15. Stout

Stout Hold onto the ball, Murray!

Almost nothing on network TV, just the Unicorn, and I heard Seal Team started back up again. Have started re-watching Eureka with Mom, and we just finished up Haven. While writing, I've been watching Bones in the background. Various Netflix shows too. Expanse is back soon!