Weirdly Positive

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
I agree.

My thoughts on why this is:
A team with very little talent being well-coached, disciplined, playing extremely hard and competitive in most games
A group of very solid building blocks/potential stars in behinds the etablished star players
A clean plan to re-build the team
A very good execution of that plan
Plenty of draft picks and cap space.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
However, if that is what it took to get JG...we might all say it was worth it as some point in the future.

Some would say it after this year.
It wasn't needed. Widely reported that no one else was after Gannon. That was a full on own goal by Monti--and a 3rd rounder is nothing to sniff at.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
It wasn't needed. Widely reported that no one else was after Gannon. That was a full on own goal by Monti--and a 3rd rounder is nothing to sniff at.

I disagree - there was something going on with Texans (see article below).

Ryans wasn't hired until AFTER Gannon said he was staying in Philly (right after the NFC Championship Game). Which is also when the Cardinals contacted Gannon.

BTW - we didn't give up a 3rd rounder, we swapped 3rd rounders with Philly.

You must be registered for see images attach

Before anyone says "we could have had Ryans":

You must be registered for see images attach

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife and I always listen to 98.7 FM on our drive home from the games and we call the postgame show the "but" show because 99% of the calls start out "We looked good, but..." or "we didn't win the game, but..." After the Seahawks game every call was positive. No "but" calls. People were simply impressed by how hard the team played all year for JG. They were impressed by our OL, running game, McBride, defense at times, etc. It was great to hear. So many positive opinions on the future of our team.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But we didn’t lose a 3rd rounder… we just moved lower In The round. Much ado about nothing in the grand scheme to still be complaining about this imo.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cardinals ended up with a 4-13 record for the second year in a row. It's not a record that I or anyone else on this board wants to see again from the Cardinals. However the difference between the 2022 Cardinals and 2023 Cardinals was night and day. The 2023 team was surprising fun to watch which was quite unexpected.

While the win over the Cowboys was amazing, for me the fun all started when Kyler returned from injury. But it wasn't just Kyler who made this run enjoyable to watch. When Kyler returned from injury he faced the most difficult strength of schedule of any QB in the league. The Cardinals also faced some very very good Defenses. Yet this offense didn't wilt. In fact this offense put up very good rushing numbers against several of those top defenses. This offense got stronger in the 4th quarter. Being able to impose your will on the opposing defense is a ton of fun to watch. You hear coaches talk about wanting to be more physical all the time. The Cardinals WERE physical and I loved it! It's something you can build your team around and that is why I think there is a positive vibe after this 4-13 season.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In this positive thread, I will offer the Vince Tobin era warning:

All of the culture gains mean nothing if they don't attack the off-season. This team needs a lot of work, but the culture, coaching, and work ethic is there.
I hope that MO doesn’t totally abandon the offense believing we’re good enough.
We are so close to putting together a solid above average offense that has the ability to run the ball , control the clock and keep the defense off the field.
Now add a couple of home run hitters at Wr and bolster the o-line.
I’m starting to think we are going to name Wilson as our #2 Wr. I think that would be a mistake. Assuming we draft MHJ, Sign a #2 and if Wilson truly blossoms we would have a 3 prong attack.

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cardinals ended up with a 4-13 record for the second year in a row. It's not a record that I or anyone else on this board wants to see again from the Cardinals. However the difference between the 2022 Cardinals and 2023 Cardinals was night and day. The 2023 team was surprising fun to watch which was quite unexpected.

While the win over the Cowboys was amazing, for me the fun all started when Kyler returned from injury. But it wasn't just Kyler who made this run enjoyable to watch. When Kyler returned from injury he faced the most difficult strength of schedule of any QB in the league. The Cardinals also faced some very very good Defenses. Yet this offense didn't wilt. In fact this offense put up very good rushing numbers against several of those top defenses. This offense got stronger in the 4th quarter. Being able to impose your will on the opposing defense is a ton of fun to watch. You hear coaches talk about wanting to be more physical all the time. The Cardinals WERE physical and I loved it! It's something you can build your team around and that is why I think there is a positive vibe after this 4-13 season.
Yes. Can you imagine this offense with a couple of home run hitting WR’s!