Weirdly Positive

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
There is no reason not to be positive right now...but as I said 2 weeks ago...we would be in such a better position had we not beaten the Eagles. If we were sitting with the #2 overall pick right now we would already be fielding phone calls and would be able to get a massive haul. We might be talking about having multiple 1st round picks for the next 3 years. Watch the haul Chicago gets if they end up keeping Fields...it will be a game changer for their franchise...even more so than last years trade where they got a pro-bowl WR and the #1 overall pick in the draft!

Anyway...we played harder this season than any season under Kingsbury. We developed some younger players, and we saw that at least Kyler isnt showing negative effects of the injury and is still capable of winning games in the NFL. He may or may not turn into a superstar, but hes better than having nothing.

If we can take these 11 picks this year and turn them into 3 starters, 2 rotation players, 1 ST guy...then we have a good thing cooking. Right now we have 7 picks in the top 100. I would like to see us turn that into 5 picks in the top 50...and maybe stack some mid round picks for next year.

Right now we have 5 picks

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cardinals ended up with a 4-13 record for the second year in a row. It's not a record that I or anyone else on this board wants to see again from the Cardinals. However the difference between the 2022 Cardinals and 2023 Cardinals was night and day. The 2023 team was surprising fun to watch which was quite unexpected.

While the win over the Cowboys was amazing, for me the fun all started when Kyler returned from injury. But it wasn't just Kyler who made this run enjoyable to watch. When Kyler returned from injury he faced the most difficult strength of schedule of any QB in the league. The Cardinals also faced some very very good Defenses. Yet this offense didn't wilt. In fact this offense put up very good rushing numbers against several of those top defenses. This offense got stronger in the 4th quarter. Being able to impose your will on the opposing ex defense is a ton of fun to watch. You hear coaches talk about wanting to be more physical all the time. The Cardinals WERE physical and I loved it! It's something you can build your team around and that is why I think there is a positive vibe after this 4-13 season.
Spot on. Loved taking over the game late with physical running game. However, I don’t want another season where many hope we lose for draft position. I hate that mentality although on some level it makes sense.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think you can argue that we could have finished 8-9 with a healthy Kyler, with this roster. I think that's why there is so much optimism.

Seahawks we should have won obviously. Commanders and Giants I think we win with Kyler. And I think had Kyler been in this system and more comfortable with it as he was starting to show we could have beat the Texans or another random game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
But we didn’t lose a 3rd rounder… we just moved lower In The round. Much ado about nothing in the grand scheme to still be complaining about this imo.
He’s not “still complaining about.” It’s part of monti’s resume. Someone asked him what demerits he gives monti. That’s one. Leave the guy alone in his positive thread. For gods sake he’s doing what all you koolaiders want him to do and still he gets attacked by them.

Sorry stout, hope all this piss in your cheerios hasn’t dampened your enthusiasm.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Man I love these coaches !
Young, smart, strategic far beyond their years.
This is gonna be a fun off season, Kyler and coaching in lockstep.
Light goes on for McBride - Wilson flashing - Connor bringin' the hammer - Froholdt is the best center I've seen on this team.
Good young Tackle (sure gets a lotta grief for a rookie) . .
Defense needs some talent up front - on the edges - . .
I think they will get it squared away . . got a full bag o hopium.
Agree although the bar for best center on this team has been LOW