kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The funny thing is that we don't suck. We're not hopeless. We're kind of a Good Bad Team. The Raiders suck and are hopeless. We don't even have the worst head coach in the NFL (probably). It feels like we spent most of the preseason lowering expectations for each other, and we just didn't set the expectations low enough.

The loss to Minnesota was a one-score loss. We saw how a couple of plays here or there would have made the difference. This team doesn't lack talent to be competitive. A lot of people have been saying it, but it was clear what the team lacked since the beginning of the offseason: a clear vision for who the 2022 Arizona Cardinals are and what they want to be. Kyler Murray is not an inspirational leader. Kliff Kingsbury is not an inspirational leader. Steve Keim is not an inspirational leader (although he definitely feels like he's the Alpha Male in this group). Michael Bidwill is not an inspirational leader. What's the vision for this team?

We can't change the owner. The path forward at QB is blocked for at least the next year. Keim is extremely close to the owner. The best argument for firing Kliff is that's the best point to bring in someone who can be the boss. We just don't know how easy it is to recruit that. It's hard to imagine an effective leader who is completely willing to cede personnel decision-making to Keim, which is the current situation.

You must be registered for see images attach
DeAndre Hopkins, WR - Nuk continues to just assert himself on the rest of the NFL. 12 receptions for 159 yards and an absolute dagger of a TD catch.

J.J. Watt, DL - New dad seemed to be getting some Zs somewhere the past week. Had a pair of sacks to go along with 3 QB hits. He's still probably playing too many snaps (77% -- as much as Zach Allen)

Rondale Moore, WR - Moore's raw stats (eight receptions for 92 yards and a TD) understate his contributions in this game, where he also drew multiple penalties for key first downs.

Eno Benjamin, RB - Eno's first four carries netted 0, 0, 4, and -1 yards. He didn't get a first down rushing the ball until there were 3:16 remaining in the second quarter.

Kyler Murray, QB - Let's take a quick look at the quarter-billion-dollar man's fourth quarter drives:

Oof.

Kliff Kingsbury, HC - A.J. Green played 37 snaps and was targeted once. Robbie Anderson played seven snaps and was targeted three times. Obviously this will change a little bit more as Anderson gets onboarded, but it's on Kliff to integrate new personnel into the offense more effectively.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who imagined Kyler would be perma goat before the season.

I agree with everything here except the leadership stuff which I'm mixed on.

Lions have a "Leader" head coach. Colts have "leaders" at all levels. Both are still poor. Where its most important is on the field.

You need a general on the field that players will fight for and we just don't have that.

Last edited:

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No defensive goats after giving up 34 points and falling to 29th in the league in points allowed? The weekly free pass this defense receives continues to fascinate me. I guess it's not as fun as bagging on Kyler.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No defensive goats after giving up 34 points and falling to 29th in the league in points allowed? The weekly free pass this defense receives continues to fascinate me. I guess it's not as fun as bagging on Kyler.

While I agree… This team lives and dies by Kyler in the end.

urs

All Star
Reaction score
K9's Heroes and Goats is great for a laugh each week, not much more. He, like everyone else, has a bias towards certain players/coaches and it reflects in his not very well thought out H&G posts. Just enjoy them for the joke they are!

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Who imagined Kyler would be perma goat before the season.

I agree with everything here except the leadership stuff which I'm mixed on.

Lions have a "Leader" head coach. Colts have "leaders" at all levels. Both are still poor. Where its most important is on the field.

You need a general on the field that players will fight for and we just don't have that.
I think having a leader is a necessary but not sufficient requirement. Look at the Browns as another example.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
While I agree… This team lives and dies by Kyler in the end.
I 100% agree. And he hasn't played well this year.

But the amount of blame being put on 1 player, QB or not, is kind of over the top at this point. Especially with so many other weaknesses on this team. The Vikings averaged over 6 ypc yesterday. That is a HUGE problem.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The funny thing is that we don't suck. We're not hopeless. We're kind of a Good Bad Team. The Raiders suck and are hopeless. We don't even have the worst head coach in the NFL (probably). It feels like we spent most of the preseason lowering expectations for each other, and we just didn't set the expectations low enough.

The loss to Minnesota was a one-score loss. We saw how a couple of plays here or there would have made the difference. This team doesn't lack talent to be competitive. A lot of people have been saying it, but it was clear what the team lacked since the beginning of the offseason: a clear vision for who the 2022 Arizona Cardinals are and what they want to be. Kyler Murray is not an inspirational leader. Kliff Kingsbury is not an inspirational leader. Steve Keim is not an inspirational leader (although he definitely feels like he's the Alpha Male in this group). Michael Bidwill is not an inspirational leader. What's the vision for this team?

We can't change the owner. The path forward at QB is blocked for at least the next year. Keim is extremely close to the owner. The best argument for firing Kliff is that's the best point to bring in someone who can be the boss. We just don't know how easy it is to recruit that. It's hard to imagine an effective leader who is completely willing to cede personnel decision-making to Keim, which is the current situation.

DeAndre Hopkins, WR - Nuk continues to just assert himself on the rest of the NFL. 12 receptions for 159 yards and an absolute dagger of a TD catch.

J.J. Watt, DL - New dad seemed to be getting some Zs somewhere the past week. Had a pair of sacks to go along with 3 QB hits. He's still probably playing too many snaps (77% -- as much as Zach Allen)

Rondale Moore, WR - Moore's raw stats (eight receptions for 92 yards and a TD) understate his contributions in this game, where he also drew multiple penalties for key first downs.

Eno Benjamin, RB - Eno's first four carries netted 0, 0, 4, and -1 yards. He didn't get a first down rushing the ball until there were 3:16 remaining in the second quarter.

Kyler Murray, QB - Let's take a quick look at the quarter-billion-dollar man's fourth quarter drives:

Oof.

Kliff Kingsbury, HC - A.J. Green played 37 snaps and was targeted once. Robbie Anderson played seven snaps and was targeted three times. Obviously this will change a little bit more as Anderson gets onboarded, but it's on Kliff to integrate new personnel into the offense more effectively.
I almost 100% agree with this post.

The exception is I'm not sure I agree on Eno. The blocking was horrible, and we were two pass heavy for me to blame him too much for his performance.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Oof.

Your positive spin does agree with their DVOA.

They are not a good bad team but just a bad team.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Your positive spin does agree with their DVOA.

They are not a good bad team but just a bad team.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I dunno. I think we’re among the four best teams in the bottom 12 of the standings.

No doubt we’re underperforming where I think our talent should be. DVOA reflects that. Especially our 27th-ranked passing DVOA.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hate to be the guy that argues we're not the absolute worst, but we're not.

A team with no identity and no leadership. Kliff isn't a leader, period.

What I see as well. The talent exists to be a decent team, but they can never overcome the constant blunders and low IQ situational decisions. Poorly coached. Kliff looks like a nervous wreck on the sidelines and the team imitates that on the field. They need poise and confidence from the coach because it's not coming from Kyler naturally.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Oof.

Agree 100%. You can specifically point out this game and the Seahawks game as two games the Cardinals probably should have won without a mountain of mistakes.

This is a bad good team. There are enough players to win with, but the current construction just isn't working.

I gave Kliff the benefit of the doubt for awhile, but his inability to push this team over the hump when they are close and his inability to improve Kyler's play are his undoing. This is a team that I would bet that if you put a good NFL coach in charge, they would quickly turn things around. Kliff is just a solid offensive coordinator filling the role of head coach.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hate to be the guy that argues we're not the absolute worst, but we're not.

A team with no identity and no leadership. Kliff isn't a leader, period.
We are not the worst. Raiders are. Being worse than Commanders with a franchise QB is implausible to comprehend

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
We are not the worst. Raiders are. Being worse than Commanders with a franchise QB is implausible to comprehend
Oh, trust me, it's a total waste of time to argue whether we're the worst or one of the worst...either way, your franchise is a joke, and headed nowhere.

4 years in and it STILL looks like the first week of the first training camp. It's pathetic to watch for 4 years straight.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That TD reception by Nuk was as good as they come. Incredible Catch!

That Dortch muffed punt was pretty costly. He might have deserved some goat consideration. I'd replace him with Eno seeing as Eno was running behind a makeshift OL that wasn't doing him any favors.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That TD reception by Nuk was as good as they come. Incredible Catch!

That Dortch muffed punt was pretty costly. He might have deserved some goat consideration. I'd replace him with Eno seeing as Eno was running behind a makeshift OL that wasn't doing him any favors.
I felt like the game was over right after that muffed punt. We had them where we wanted them down 3 with the offense clicking.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Elite leaders like Ray Lewis and Tom Brady make a huge difference.

The Cardinals have some good leaders, like J.J. Watt, but none are on the elite level. Even Larry Fitzgerald seemed like a 'lead by example guy'. I know they have emphasized drafting team captains in recent years but I think Kyler's negative traits negate a lot of that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose