We lost today because we were unable to sign a competent kicker

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

#keimtime
Steve Keim lives in his own bubble compared to the rest of the league. The big moron doesn’t actually pay attention to the current landscape of the league. This is no surprise.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It's always situational though. 2nd quarter, trailing 14-7, slide by all means. Trailing 20-17 on a game-tying (or winning) drive, then please channel your inner Earl Campbell. I promise you, NO one on this board would have been mad at HIM for ending his season in that manner had that unfortunately happened. Instead, Cardinal fans are livid at him for leaving that play to chance.
Bingo! I would never, ever want him to put his head down in the 1st scenario. Bonus points for "channel your inner Earl Campbell" @phillycard Or he could've taken the lane to the sidelines so we would have been good even if he didn't get the 1st down. The only unacceptable outcome in that situation was the outcome he chose. But @nashman will hear no wrong from KM. None at all.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's always situational though. 2nd quarter, trailing 14-7, slide by all means. Trailing 20-17 on a game-tying (or winning) drive, then please channel your inner Earl Campbell. I promise you, NO one on this board would have been mad at HIM for ending his season in that manner had that unfortunately happened. Instead, Cardinal fans are livid at him for leaving that play to chance.
Nah, they were getting at him when he did just that when he lowered his shoulder and challenged that LB against Miami and he hurt his shoulder. People were saying he’s just injury-prone. Alot of ramblings saying he can’t stay healthy. Kyler can’t win with a lot of people on this board. If you defend him, you’ll be labelled as part of the Kyler can do no wrong group.

They would rather go back to the qb carousel of Skelton, Derek Anderson, Max Hall, Tom Tupa, Jeff Blake, Gabbort, and this board’s favorite Rosen who some Kyler-doubters say “hE nEvEr gOt hIs sHoT” and “hE’LL bE a pRo-bOwLeR oNe dAy” LMAO

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
Nah, they were getting at him when he did just that when he lowered his shoulder and challenged that LB against Miami and he hurt his shoulder. People were saying he’s just injury-prone. Alot of ramblings saying he can’t stay healthy. Kyler can’t win with a lot of people on this board. I’d you defend him, you’ll be labelled as part of the Kyler can do no wrong group.

They would rather go back to the qb carousel of Skelton, Derek Anderson, Max Hall, Tom Tupa, Jeff Blake, Gabbort, and this board’s favorite Rosen who some Kyler-doubters say “hE nEvEr gOt hIs sHoT” and “hE’LL bE a pRo-bOwLeR oNe dAy” LMAO
Cognitive distortion much?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah it’s pretty funny all the people criticizing Kyler for sliding. It’s gonna be comical when he lowers his head for a tough extra yard and gets injured. Then the same people will be spewing he’s gotta be smarter than that now our season is over! And acting like if he didn’t slide there let’s say he gets the extra yard or two the defenders fall all over him burn another 6-7 seconds minimum so maybe they get to clocked at 15 sec or so, then what? KK gonna take shots, no he’s not he was obvious in playing for the tie with an unproven kicker. So he probably calls a run play and risks not even getting a good kick off. It’s all risky there with no timeouts.
As bad as it turned out if we stop getting into 14-0 holes it would be a lot easier to contend.
Except the problem with your thesis is that wasn’t going to be a tough extra yard. He has plenty of room. Even if the lone close eagle defender tackles him it’s not exactly a big hit likely. He slid 3 yards early.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Nah, they were getting at him when he did just that when he lowered his shoulder and challenged that LB against Miami and he hurt his shoulder. People were saying he’s just injury-prone. Alot of ramblings saying he can’t stay healthy. Kyler can’t win with a lot of people on this board. If you defend him, you’ll be labelled as part of the Kyler can do no wrong group.

Except literally nothing you typed here is true today.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Except the problem with your thesis is that wasn’t going to be a tough extra yard. He has plenty of room. Even if the lone close eagle defender tackles him it’s not exactly a big hit likely. He slid 3 yards early.
No he didn’t geesh real time it was so close everyone thought it was a first hardly 3 yards. It’s like a bad tall tale next thing you know he will have slid 5 yards early right? It was a bang bang play in the heat of a game with the click winding out of timeouts once again. I put more blame on the D allowing them to run the whole ******* quarter out on final drive and burning our timeouts than once single playing coming up short! Make a ducking stop! Or make an easy FG! To blame this loss on sliding short is beyond stupid!

Stout

Reaction score
No he didn’t geesh real time it was so close everyone thought it was a first hardly 3 yards. It’s like a bad tall tale next thing you know he will have slid 5 yards early right? It was a bang bang play in the heat of a game with the click winding out of timeouts once again. I put more blame on the D allowing them to run the whole ******* quarter out on final drive and burning our timeouts than once single playing coming up short! Make a ducking stop! Or make an easy FG! To blame this loss on sliding short is beyond stupid!
Translation: KM bears no blame. He never does.

Nobody thought it was a first down. That's bunk being peddled by a bunch of really embarrassed people. Only chump players don't know what yardage marker he needs to make; only chump coaches don't know the same. It's a moot point anyway, because the same chump coach was, laughably, playing for a tie kick with a street FA kicker at a non-automatic range with a guy that sucks at that range. Absolutely everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong in that moment, starting with our...cough cough *leader* cough cough...quarterback turtling to avoid contact.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well you’re just wrong. Someone here posted a still shot of the play and he was 100% already into his slide 2 1/2 yards short of the sticks, so he had to start his slide 3 yards short. It was so short that me, Cheese and Daves all knew it was short when he started to slide. Sorry man, that’s a fact.

And no one is blaming the loss on one play. That virtually never happens on this board no matter how often many posters gaslight and try to make it out that way. But each play that is an unforced error adds to the likelihood of a loss. And this one occurred at a crucial time and reiterated a continuing shortcoming of kylers.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
and yet you cannot prove me wrong
You’re the one that made the statement. Please show me evidence of this statement that’s occurred even last year much less this year:

“They would rather go back to the qb carousel of Skelton, Derek Anderson, Max Hall, Tom Tupa, Jeff Blake, Gabbort, and this board’s favorite Rosen who some Kyler-doubters say “hE nEvEr gOt hIs sHoT” and “hE’LL bE a pRo-bOwLeR oNe dAy” LMAO”

You’re swinging at windmills of a season 3 or 4 years past don Quixote .