Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wildcats' winning ways
Mar. 27, 2003. 09:59 PM

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) —
With Keith Bogans watching helplessly from the bench in the second half, Kentucky turned to the power of Marquis Estill to ward off Wisconsin.

Estill scored a career-high 28 points Thursday night and the Wildcats ran their winning streak to 26 games, holding off the scrappy Badgers 63-57 in the Midwest Regional semifinals.

Top-seeded Kentucky (32-3) will try for another trip to the Final Four on Saturday when it meets the Pittsburgh-Marquette winner.

Bogans, the Wildcats' top scorer and floor leader, sprained his left ankle with 3:32 left in the first half when Wisconsin's Kirk Penney committed a turnover, turned around to run back down the floor and fell over the Kentucky star.

Bogans winced on the bench during a timeout, lobbied to get back in and then limped on the court with just under two minutes left. But hampered and in obvious pain, he headed to the locker-room with 53 seconds to go in the half.

He didn't take part in warmup before the second half but finally limped to the Kentucky bench five minutes in.

With Bogans standing in front of the bench with his hands cupped, the Wildcats went on a 12-4 run and held Wisconsin without a field goal for more than six minutes, taking a 50-44 lead with 9:19 left and looking as if they were ready to pull away.

But the fifth-seeded Big Ten champs, bolstered by thousands of thundering red-clad fans who had an easy drive across the Wisconsin state line to the Metrodome, wouldn't go away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you think I was referring to another team? :D

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Re: Re: Way to go Wildcats!

Originally posted by WizardOfAz
We probably should tread lightly on this subject - ASU lost to both of the Wildcats this year. :(

I think Id substitute "lost to" with "got smoked by" in this instance...

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Way to go Wildcats!

We probably should tread lightly on this subject - ASU lost to both of the Wildcats this year. :(

That's easy to do. Wildcats is one of the most, if not THE MOST, common college team name. There are more than just 2 schools using the name...

Not unique like Sun Devils. :thumbup:

After getting some flack from ASU losing big to Kansas, I want to see the UofA play Kansas...

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Way to go Wildcats!

Originally posted by Brian in Mesa

After getting some flack from ASU losing big to Kansas, I want to see the UofA play Kansas... [/B]

We already did, remember? But that one wont count for anything to you if we lose this time, will it?

WizardOfAz

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Way to go Wildcats!

Originally posted by Brian in Mesa
That's easy to do. Wildcats is one of the most, if not THE MOST, common college team name.

I would have thought so too, but it seems that is just the ninth most popular:

1. Eagles
2. Tigers
3. Cougars
4. Bulldogs
5. Warriors
6. Lions
7. Panthers
8. Indians
9. Wildcats
10. Bears

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Way to go Wildcats!

I would have thought so too, but it seems that is just the ninth most popular:

1. Eagles
2. Tigers
3. Cougars
4. Bulldogs
5. Warriors
6. Lions
7. Panthers
8. Indians
9. Wildcats
10. Bears

Wow. I thought just a couple years back Tigers and Wildcats were about 1 and 2. Still top ten in commonality.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn