Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Arizona

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

desertrat218

Veteran
Reaction score
It's homecoming week for UofA and the Huskies are in town. With Nick Foles out, can the Cats keep their winning ways?

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
Arizona's defense is going to have to play well. I'm nervous about their ability to stop Locker from contantly scrambling for big gains. The last two games, they have given up big runs to the opposing QB. I have faith that Matt Scott will play well when the game plan is designed around his strenghts. If Arizona want to take a step up as a program, this is a game they must win.

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
Big win for the Cats. Scott did much better than I expected. D came to play in a big way as well.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Cant believe 3 out of the 8 voters felt UofA would lose against UW....during Homecoming....with one of the top defenses in the FBS. Even with Scott at the helm, Locker and the rest of the pups had no chance last night.

Next stop: UCLA

:cats:

OP
OP
D

desertrat218

Veteran
Reaction score
If Matt Scott can play like he did last night on a consistent basis, Foles may not get the starting job back.

Interesting side note, Matt Scott and Huskers QB Taylor Martinez are from the same high school in Corona, Ca.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Matt Scott can play like he did last night on a consistent basis, Foles may not get the starting job back.

Interesting side note, Matt Scott and Huskers QB Taylor Martinez are from the same high school in Corona, Ca.

Foles will be the starter when he is healthy. It's azaming how much a different qb Scott is under Scelfo. I was also encouraged that the Cats ran the ball more.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
No chance Scott takes over for Foles... Comon now thats just crazy. Scott should be seeing more read option packages with Foles back though.

Wildcat05

Veteran
Reaction score
While I'm not ready to give the keys of the offense to Scott, I was very impressed by his play last night. I was expecting him to play well but he blew me away.

So, call me crazy, but how's this idea? When Foles comes back, he gets the starting job but Scott will come back for different schemes. Then, next year, we red shirt Scott, Foles gets the offense. Bierne will play backup and if there's an injury, pull Scotts red shirt. Then for his senior year Scott will be the man. Daxx or whichever freshman can then learn from him, since it looks like Daxx plays the same game as Scott. Bierne again will play backup.

That way we have two capable QBs for the next two years.

Thoughts?

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
You think its possible Matt Scott would essentially RS his Senior Year?

It's that or pray he can get drafted despite being a backup his whole career?

Scott needs to get on film, RS'ing does that. Now all Stoops and co. have to do is convince him to stay a fifth year in Tucson.

Wildcat05

Veteran
Reaction score
It's that or pray he can get drafted despite being a backup his whole career?

Scott needs to get on film, RS'ing does that. Now all Stoops and co. have to do is convince him to stay a fifth year in Tucson.

Agreed. And I don't think it will be too difficult. Dan Buckner will (I believe) have a year left. I know we don't know how he will play, but from what everyone was saying about his play in camp, he's a play maker. Not to mention Ka'Deem Carey and other weapons who might pop up.

If I were talking to Scott (and I'm sure he'd listen to me, because, I'm awesome) I'd tell him, "Look, if you don't red shirt next year, there's a possibility that you'll only play garbage time if Foles stays healthy. If you transfer, you'll be sitting out that year anyways and you'll have to learn a new system. BUT if you red shirt next year, you will potentially inherit a preseason top 25 team your senior year. That's probably going to be 13 games where you will be the MAN (possibly 9 more career games total if he rides the pine his senior year)." Then I'd also create the URL Scott4Heisman2012.com, just to let him know I'm serious.

That's all. I'm going to take off my coach's hat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoObstacles92