Warriors @ Suns Wednesday game thread 11-16-2022

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns return home to play the Warriors on Wednesday before playing at the Jazz on Friday.

Suns are now 8-5 after going 1-4 on their recent road trip . The Warriors are 5-8 but play the Spurs at home tonight.

When: Wednesday, November 16th, 2022

Television: ESPN, Bally Sports Arizona

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 8 pm Arizona time

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warriors beat the Spurs at home on Monday 132-95. They are now 6-8 on the season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul is still QUESTIONABLE.

Landry Shamet is OUT.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Washington jr needs more playing time, when we have some shooters they need to play more. Ayton should dominate but we know he won’t, don’t even care about him anymore trade him if he’s gonna sleep walk and act pissy like he don’t wanna be here move his ass! Will be a fun watch but don’t expect a win they way we are rolling right now…

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wanting to see a nice bounce back effort from suns need huge gm from ayton and book

Keeping fingers crossed on best outcome....

Gooo suns

420 stash waiting..... lol

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I disagree that the Warriors' recent victories prove that they're "righting the ship," any more than the Suns' losses indicate that they're in a tailspin. They're only three wins and a loss: two victories against bad teams and one close victory against an up-and-coming team (Cavaliers). And the loss was against one of the teams they had just beaten. I shrug.

What I find somewhat interesting is that like the Suns, the Warriors lost to the Magic recently. It suggests that the Magic are better than their record.
Yeah. They can be scary. I was telling my son, the Suns window is NOW! These young teams are developing some talent.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree that the Warriors' recent victories prove that they're "righting the ship," any more than the Suns' losses indicate that they're in a tailspin. They're only three wins and a loss: two victories against bad teams and one close victory against an up-and-coming team (Cavaliers). And the loss was against one of the teams they had just beaten. I shrug.

What I find somewhat interesting is that like the Suns, the Warriors lost to the Magic recently. It suggests that the Magic are better than their record.

Definitely not righted but they made some decisions that have improved the team for now. They decided to send Wiseman to G League for 10 days or so to get more PT where it doesn't hurt them. ANd they decided to make Kuminga part of the rotation again. And they got Divincenzo back.

They still have major issues. A big part of the blowout over the Spurs, beyond SA is tanking, is that Klay didn't play so they started Poole and he had a huge night. Doesn't mean he will every night but it was really obvious early in that game that having someone other than Curry to worry about scoring made a huge impact.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It certainly doesn't "prove" they're righting the ship but I must have missed whoever said it did? But all things considered, and small sample size or not, I'd feel a lot better about my team's chances tonight if they'd recently been winning at a 75% clip than losing at that pace.

Teams get hot, teams go through bad spells and sometimes streaks are just a matter of fortune and schedule. I talk myself into believing we'll win every time we play but I'd never count out someone like the Warriors especially with our track record when playing shorthanded. For some reason, other teams seem to handle missing key players much better than we do. But our play against Miami, the loss notwithstanding, has me hopeful tonight.

And yes, the Magic are better than their record. They have a lot of intriguing young talent. Because of their youth you'll see big swings in their results this season but healthy they are a handful.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul is again OUT.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the new court.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
8pm ESPN is 830 for the rest of the the US
I’m in Texas and the game starts at 9 here. But I know Arizona has both Mountain and Pacific time zones right? I always get confused by that lol. Nevertheless, go Suns! Important game for us. Don’t wanna lose 3 in a row and we’re debuting out Originativ uniforms.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are more close-ups of the court.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
game 1 ends early, suns game still starting late. I hate these ESPN games.

Please no Richard Jefferson on the commentary

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Almost time for tip-off.