Want motivation.....pin this up in the locker room.

spanky1

Reaction score
From Street & Smith's 2006 Pro Football Yearbook:

VIEW FROM THE OTHER SIDELINE
(an opponent breaks down the Cardinals)

"Same old, same old.[Running back] Edgerrin James is going to get killed.
They have what you're looking for at wideout in [Larry] Fitzgerald and [Anquan] Boldin. Their quarterback [Kurt Warner] is going to get hurt again. The offensive line is bad. They won't be able to run it....

They'll be able to throw it as long as Warner stays healthy. But the offensive line is so porous in pass protection that he'll get hurt. They just didn't add anyone of any stature in the offensive line and are counting on a rookie, Deuce Latui to start.....

Defensively, they're just run of the mill. Gave up a lot of points. They were 5-11 last year and they'll be 6-10 this year".

My take.....absolute hogwash. I will love ramming this down whoever's throat this came out of......and as soon as we break through to 7 wins I'll be e-mailing the folks at Street & Smith's to have them pass it along to whomever.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
I saw that as well. Pissed me off too. However, until the team plays up to their potential, we're probably gonna hear more of that uneducated, biased crap.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
spanky1 said:

They have what you're looking for at wideout in [Larry] Fitzgerald and [Anquan] Boldin. Their quarterback [Kurt Warner] is going to get hurt again. The offensive line is bad. They won't be able to run it....

They'll be able to throw it as long as Warner stays healthy. But the offensive line is so porous in pass protection that he'll get hurt. They just didn't add anyone of any stature in the offensive line and are counting on a rookie, Deuce Latui to start.....

Defensively, they're just run of the mill. Gave up a lot of points. They were 5-11 last year and they'll be 6-10 this year".

My take.....absolute hogwash. I will love ramming this down whoever's throat this came out of......and as soon as we break through to 7 wins BY WEEK 10, I'll be e-mailing the folks at Street & Smith's to have them pass it along to whomever.

Fixed

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
PANTONE194C said:
until the team plays up to their potential, we're probably gonna hear more of that uneducated, biased crap.

I wouldn't say that's an uneducated opinion - after all, everything he said was true of last season's performance. Considering we haven't done much with the O-line personnel, he's basically saying this season's fortunes rely on last year's dissapointing O-line improving and that a rookie (Latui) breaks through.
As much as I want to blast this guy's opinion, he's addressing all of our fears about the upcoming season.

Some one pass me some kool-aid quick!

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The Cards don't deserve any respect from anybody! They've screwed everybody over way to many times to get that kind of praise. They've got to go out and earn it on the field.

I'm trying to stay neutral so don't get my heart broken again.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
spanky1 said:

My take.....absolute hogwash. I will love ramming this down whoever's throat this came out of......and as soon as we break through to 7 wins I'll be e-mailing the folks at Street & Smith's to have them pass it along to whomever.

Its more like we need to pin this list to our walls as a reality check, seriously this Line was amazingly bad, I'm staying kool aid free til I see improvement. Last year was a big let down for me

SunCityCarl

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
devilalum said:
The Cards don't deserve any respect from anybody! They've screwed everybody over way to many times to get that kind of praise. They've got to go out and earn it on the field.

I'm trying to stay neutral so don't get my heart broken again.

I'm with devilalum! Respect is not given away, it is something earned!

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
devilalum said:
...I'm trying to stay neutral so don't get my heart broken again.

...hmmm...now that you mentioned it...I HAVE had my heart broken before...:(

Lloydian

Registered
Reaction score
But this year will be different. I can feel it. I've never been so sure before. Wait a minute, maybe I have...

You must be registered for see images

I'd like some more Koolaid please.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys sound like a bunch of jilted lovers.

See boys, that's what I'm talking about. Football is only one half skill, the
other half is something else.....something bigger!

You've gotta have....Heart! All you really need is heart!
When the odds are sayin' you'll never win, that's when the grin should start!
You've gotta have hope! Musn't sit around and mope. Nuthin' half as bad as
it may appear, wait'll next year and hope.

When your luck is battin' zero,get your chin up off the floor. Mister, you can be a hero. You can open any door. There's nothin' to it, but to do it. You've gotta have heart! Miles and miles and miles of heart! Oh, it's fine to be a genius of course! But keep that ol' horse before the cart! First you've got to have heart!

(Unabashadly plagerized from Damn Yankees)

luvstobowl

Registered
Reaction score
Lloydian said:
But this year will be different. I can feel it. I've never been so sure before. Wait a minute, maybe I have...

what do the initials "MLB" next to the 50/1 stand for?

nurnay

whatever
Reaction score
AntSports Steve said:
I'm guessing if I print this ticket out, barcode and all. And get the winner to Sam's town before you, the $1000 would be mine!

Not if I beat you to it... :devil:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I wonder which offensive line the writer was referring to?

Davis,Wells,Lynch,Brown,Ross or Davis,Wells,Step,Brown,Ross, or Davis,Wells,Step,Brown,Wakefield or Davis,Wells,Leckey,Step,Ross or Davis,Bridges,Leckey,Step,Ross, or Davis,Haayer,Leckey,Wakefield,Ross, or Davis,Bridges,Leckey,Brown,Ross or Ross,Bridges,Leckey,Brown and Wakefield.

16 games 8 different Offensive line configurations.

I guess you could say they were all equally bad?

Lloydian

Registered
Reaction score
AntSports Steve said:
I'm guessing if I print this ticket out, barcode and all. And get the winner to Sam's town before you, the $1000 would be mine!
Have at it! But just to give you a heads up: Pittsburgh already beat Seattle in that game. I'll be in Vegas for another pool tournament at about the same time this year. So far, the Cards are 70:1 underdogs. Maybe this time, my $20 will buy me a $1,400 winner.

Last edited:

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lloydian said:
Have at it! But just to give you a heads up: Pittsburgh already beat Seattle in that game. I'll be in Vegas for another pool tournament at about the same time this year. So far, the Cards are 70:1 underdogs. Maybe this time, my $20 will buy me a $1,400 winner.

70:1 ? Nonsense. Best I could find was 50:1

Lets be Frank

Reaction score
Odds

The best I found was at the Flamingo at 35-1 on feb 4th last year I got 200-1. Lets GO CARDS. :newcards::)

azsports

Veteran
Reaction score
Lloydian said:

I have one of those from the Flamingo Laughlin at 60:1 to win the NFC championship.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedzBetz