Walton's Foot Was on The Line

NastyOne

Suns 4 Life...Probably...Maybe
Reaction score
I'm not even going to say anything about them hacking Nash, but what are the rules against Walton grabbing at the ball and having a foot out of bounds?

Look at the replay real closely and you'll see that right before the ref blew the whistle for the jump ball, his right foot was clearly out of bounds.

Yet they allow him to jump for the ball?

There has to be some rule against a guy wrapping up the ball handler and getting the jump ball even though he was not inbounds.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I quit.

I refuse to watch game 5.

And Laker fans? **** you. Find something better to do than troll.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
WastedFate said:
I quit.

I refuse to watch game 5.

And Laker fans? **** you. Find something better to do than troll.

LMAO!

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:

Ok? I'm just pissed at the Lakers fans who feel the need to come here and troll.

I also don't think that my blood pressure can take another game like this. I will tape game 5, but will not watch it live. :thumbdown

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Wait, you mean the Lakers committed an obvious violation on the critical last play, and the officials all managed to overlook it? How is that possible?

OP
OP
NastyOne

NastyOne

Suns 4 Life...Probably...Maybe
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Wait, you mean the Lakers committed an obvious violation on the critical last play, and the officials all managed to overlook it? How is that possible?

It's simply ridiculous

When everyone in my house was whailing about Walton and Kobe hacking Nash, the first thing i screamed was that Waltons foot is out of bounds.

The ref was 3 feet away from Walton and he basically ignored it.

The NBA is getting beyond ridiculous and its becoming harder and harder to watch.

The worse thing is that they wont even issue a apology our own up to the fact that their officials blew the end of that game.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
How sure are you that Walton was standing out of bounds when he touched the ball? The reason i ask is that I told a Laker fan about it, and he's saying he's seen the play again and that he was not standing out of bounds.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
He wasn't standing out of bounds the entire time, but he did step out and back in bounds for a split second.

Nashfan

Rookie
Reaction score
Walton had his foot out of bounds long enough while he grabbed the ball with Nash holding on for dear life. Still think we lost it in regulation when we let them shoot a three instead of fouling to send them to the line for two instead of letting them tie it up on a three. The re's have been horrible in this series, especially on what Kwame and Luke did and not receive suspensions since two players on the Heat team have been suspended for similar actions (except for Haslems, though that was uncalled for also). Having a DVR is really nice because you can pause and slow motion the play a million times to just how bad the calls are.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Having a DVR is really nice because you can pause and slow motion the play a million times to just how bad the calls are.

Boy, that must be fulfilling.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
2 mothereffing refs looking right at the play, and they can't see his foot.

morons.

myrondizzo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
wow thats not even close i was thinking more along the lines of "raja bell for three. oh wait they rule it a two because his foot was on the line" thats just the biggist screwed up call ive ever seen.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
Someone should hack nba.com and put this as the main picture on the main page.

Anyone got any hacking skills??

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Seriously, what is that ref in the back looking at, if not Walton's foot? That's amazing.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The rule, by the way, is if you are out of bounds while in contact with the ball, the play is dead and the other team has possession.

myrondizzo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
elindholm said:
The rule, by the way, is if you are out of bounds while in contact with the ball, the play is dead and the other team has possession.
the problem was he wasnt in contact with the ball it was nash's arm. there for it must be a jump ball.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe if we complain enough the NBA will look at the footage and declare the Suns winner of Game 4!!! or at least let us replay the game from the final out of bounds play.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Maybe if we complain enough the NBA will look at the footage and declare the Suns winner of Game 4!!! or at least let us replay the game from the final out of bounds play.

Technically, that is an option. The Suns could lodge a protest, and if it were upheld, the game would be replayed from the point of contention. Of course, this is widely viewed as poor sportsmanship and the chances of success are pretty low.

I can think of only one "recent" case where a protest in one of the major sports was upheld, and that was the George Brett "pine tar home run" game (http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/history/2003/030624.htm). But in baseball, the idea of finishing an incomplete game on a later date isn't all that foreign. I doubt it would ever happen in football or basketball, even though presumably the rule is in place for just such a situation.

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
It's also a moving screen on Walton so Kobe can be more open for the last shot.

A "judgment" call like that has no hope of being overturned, but for something objective like standing out of bounds while handling the ball, there is a faint glimmer of possibility.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know that would never be called, but it's just one more thing on the giant pile of crap.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sick, I feel just absolutely sick. They'll never over-turn it (It's like when the Spurs had 6 men on the floor when they stole an inbounds pass from Majerle in the 90's).