USC v. ASU.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU is reportedly a 35 point underdog at home to USC.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
USC Coach Riley previews the ASU game. Hmm... doesn't seem to mention ASU too much. OK, "Its Personal" Now!

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Drew Pyne will start at quarterback for ASU.

Here's hoping we see a different Pyne than we saw last week, with a lot better pass protection, or at least getting rid of the ball early, or safely throwing it out of bounds if there is nothing there.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EDGE Clayton Smith is out for the USC game.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drew Pyne probably had a better offensive line at Notre Dame.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't speak betting, does that mean you are betting USC wins by more than 35?
Normally if you are "betting the over" it is on the over/under total, not the spread. I think that the total on this game is something like 60 points.

If you are bullish on ASU, you would take ASU and the points, and win if USC does not "cover" by winning by more than 35 points. If the spread is 35 points and and USC wins by exactly 35, I think that's a "push" and both bettors get their money back.

At least I think this terminology is all correct - I'm not much of a gambler either. ;)

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Normally if you are "betting the over" it is on the over/under total, not the spread. I think that the total on this game is something like 60 points.

If you are bullish on ASU, you would take ASU and the points, and win if USC does not "cover" by winning by more than 35 points. If the spread is 35 points and and USC wins by exactly 35, I think that's a "push" and both bettors get their money back.

At least I think this terminology is all correct - I'm not much of a gambler either. ;)

Thanks for the explanation. So on your bet, how do you win/lose?

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When I went down to Mt. Shasta City last year to get water from the headwaters, ASU upset Washington. So today we are going to do it again.

Maybe its the influence of the Lemurians, I don't know. But gotta try something.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

If you are bullish on ASU, and want to bet on the spread rather than the total, you would take ASU and the points, and win if USC does not "cover" by winning by more than 35 points. If the spread is 35 points and and USC wins by exactly 35, I think that's a "push" and both bettors get their money back.

My own explanation was a little unclear. In my second paragraph, the 35 points (or whatever it is now) would be related to a bet on the spread, not the total.

If you bet the over on this game and the line total is 60 points, a score of USC 41, ASU 21 means that you win, because the total was 62.

If you take ASU and the points (betting the spread), you would win, because ASU "covered" (losing by fewer than 35 points).

WiscoBird

Veteran
Reaction score
When I went down to Mt. Shasta City last year to get water from the headwaters, ASU upset Washington. So today we are going to do it again.

Maybe its the influence of the Lemurians, I don't know. But gotta try something.
ASU always wins big games when I can't watch. I'll be at work so we will double up on the good luck vibes. My wife asked me if she should record the game for me. I looked blankly for a few seconds before I begrudgingly said yes. I'm a glutton for punishment.

Go Devils!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jaden Rashada is on crutches tonight after a procedure. It's looking like a redshirt is becoming more likely.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU OL coach Saga Tuitele will not be with the team due to a medical incident.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard