UofA Hoops 2021-2022 - Ushering In the Tommy Lloyd Era

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How Stanford only won 16 games is crazy. They shot great today. Hopefully Kerr will be ok. I definitely would sit him out the rest of the week. The next two games don't mean much, the Cats have locked up a #1 seed.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
How Stanford only won 16 games is crazy. They shot great today. Hopefully Kerr will be ok. I definitely would sit him out the rest of the week. The next two games don't mean much, the Cats have locked up a #1 seed.
Haase is not a good coach

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
I literally told someone last week that Adama Bal needed more run because we were an injury away from a 7 man rotation. Glad he’s gotten a little run the past two games, but he’s gonna have to play 8-10 min a game with Kerr out

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now do you guys understand why I couldn’t understand the slavish devotion to Miller and the fear that the program would be doomed if he was gonzo?

This is the first March I’m looking forward to the tournament in a long time.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haase is not a good coach

And the AD said he's coming back. I get it's stanford they have such high academic standards so the transfer portal is tough for them, but you gotta expect more. Stanford has had NCAA talent several times in the last few years and not made the tourney.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
And the AD said he's coming back. I get it's stanford they have such high academic standards so the transfer portal is tough for them, but you gotta expect more. Stanford has had NCAA talent several times in the last few years and not made the tourney.
Stanford has been a #1 seed in the past, so it's not out of the realm of possibility. Their football team recruits well as it can net the guys who are not only good on the field, but also prioritize academics and will stay until they get a degree.

Besides, Stanford has to compete with other academic powerhouses for talent....like UofA :p

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stanford has been a #1 seed in the past, so it's not out of the realm of possibility. Their football team recruits well as it can net the guys who are not only good on the field, but also prioritize academics and will stay until they get a degree.

Besides, Stanford has to compete with other academic powerhouses for talent....like UofA :p

Well the transfer portal has really impacted the game and Stanford is largely left out because of their academics. Myles Johnson also applied to Stanford but in the end he picked UCLA, for the most part there aren't that many kids who are good like JOhnson and also an elite student that can transfer to stanford. So they're having to do it largely with recruiting.

UA is great but how good would they be without Ballo, Kier and Larsson transferring in. Stanford was great under Monty because he was a much better coach than Haase, but it was also a different landscape then, transfers were far less common so recruiting and development of players was much more valuable.

But Haase is underachieving for sure IMO

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's why I said I think Ballo could have been 6th man of the year he had only 2 points but those 6 blocks just changed the game. Also, Lloyd figured out that attacking Juzang on defense is a good idea, Terry just destroyed him in the 2nd half

Good luck in the tourney I think both teams are potential Final 4 squads but those 2 7 foot monsters. I knew when Myles got his 4th we were in trouble Arizona just too big.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Incredible 2nd half offensively. Dalen Terry is going to be a star.

He was huge but I gotta say the biggest play was the block by Mathurin on Juzang. 12 point lead and all the momentum if that goes in it's 14, that block stopped the UCLA run and began the UA run.

Terry just killed Juzang

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An aside most of us on BRO think UA is actually better without Kriisa. I know he's a better 3 shooter than Kier is but Kier is a better defender and it appears to me that putting the ball in Terry's hands more is actually a GOOD thing.

IN the first 2 matchups UCLA intentionally attacked kerr on defense it was a basic function of the offense, they couldn't do that last night

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulation Wildcats for being the outright 2021-22 Pac-12 Conference champions.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
An aside most of us on BRO think UA is actually better without Kriisa. I know he's a better 3 shooter than Kier is but Kier is a better defender and it appears to me that putting the ball in Terry's hands more is actually a GOOD thing.

IN the first 2 matchups UCLA intentionally attacked kerr on defense it was a basic function of the offense, they couldn't do that last night

It’s a thought going through every Arizona fan’s mind but I’m not gonna torture myself about it for a few more days. Maybe we’re so big it can offset the PG roulette.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score

Not winning a Natty with a 7-man rotation. When Kerr is hot, he’s as good as anyone

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not winning a Natty with a 7-man rotation. When Kerr is hot, he’s as good as anyone

Everyone is good when they're hot though. For the year 36% overall 35 from 3 and he's the worst defensive player in the Arizona rotation. When he's hot he stretches the defense and hes' a very good passer, but I think the impact on defense is obvious, you're a better defensive team without him.

And as i said before he's so emotional there's a concern in a big tournament that can be a problem

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a weird bracket I count 3 teams that Arizona already played, Michigan, Illinois and tenn(who beat UA).

The 2 seed NOva is a terrible matchup for Arizona way too small, their offense is based on iso postups of guards and forwards which won't work due to Koloko and Ballo. Tenn is the biggest threat to UA in the draw, big team, quick athletic guards.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave