"University of Phoenix Stadium"

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Thank God my dad raised me a Cowboys fan. (Yes, I expect a few flames.) It seems like everything the Cardinals do is flat out ********.

"Hey, let's FINALLY get out of a college stadium and rename our new one AFTER A COLLEGE." Not to mention UofP is nothing but a diploma mill as stated earlier. (Sorry to anyone who has attended, or works there.)

"Oh, and lets screw the city of Glendale by having a stadium with "Phoenix" in it after they were the only city willing to give our horrible franchise a stadium." I know that it wasn't intentional, but it's very ironic nonetheless.

Why does this surprise me? It really shouldn't. I was really pulling for the Cardinals this year but it looks like they're up to the same old crap.

Derm

slippery when wet
Reaction score
Same thing could be said about Enron. When you are corrupt and raking in billions your judgement gets clouded. You think you will never get caught but eventually you always do.

Again I don't know if any of the allegations are true, but the Cards should have been no where near this subject in the first place.

I don't think that you can equate a team to their stadium sponsor. I'd like to see the current sponsorships of the NFL stadiums just for fun. Wasn't there a name change recently to an NFL site due to a bankruptcy of the sponsor?

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Same thing could be said about Enron. When you are corrupt and raking in billions your judgement gets clouded. You think you will never get caught but eventually you always do.

Again I don't know if any of the allegations are true, but the Cards should have been no where near this subject in the first place.

Then why waste your time making them for them?

I'm sick of responding to your posts, so lets just drop if for a while.

Let's come back in 20 years and see if UOP is still around. If so, I win, if not, you win. For now, I've got to go.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Hey Wasted....

you might want to lose the Cowboy helmet to lend some cred to your posts.

Most everyone here knows that I'm a Cowboys fan. A proud one at that. ;)

However, I'm always pulling for the Cardinals even though they dissapoint me every season. I could only image if I were one of the hardcore fans, like most on this board. I'd probably have jumped off of a cliff by now. I have an enormous amount of respect for the true fans here! :thumbup:

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank God my dad raised me a Cowboys fan. (Yes, I expect a few flames.) It seems like everything the Cardinals do is flat out ********.

"Hey, let's FINALLY get out of a college stadium and rename our new one AFTER A COLLEGE." Not to mention UofP is nothing but a diploma mill as stated earlier. (Sorry to anyone who has attended, or works there.)

"Oh, and lets screw the city of Glendale by having a stadium with "Phoenix" in it after they were the only city willing to give our horrible franchise a stadium." I know that it wasn't intentional, but it's very ironic nonetheless.

Why does this surprise me? It really shouldn't. I was really pulling for the Cardinals this year but it looks like they're up to the same old crap.

Sure you were Cowboy fan. I believe you.
:doi:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Have you attended UoP or are you just pulling this out of your ass? i have been working there for a while and have seen many students fail miserably, i disagree that it is a "diploma mill" and even if it was it is bettering the publics futures, why do people have a problem with it?

sure the name is lame but its about money, saying they left a college stadium to name the new one a college stadium...who cares? you can call me a pink fairy pooper pirate for 7.7 million a year.

DevilPrideBAS

Registered
Reaction score
This is just another typical Bidwill decision. Not only is he the joke of the league as an owner, but now we have an absolute joke of a name for our stadium. "The University of Phoenix Stadium"---COME ON!!! that is by far the most ridiculous name i could have imagined. I will always refer to it as Cardinals Stadium, to spare myself the embarassment. Go Cards.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Okay, you hate me already, so I'll say it. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Note to Clif: don't talk about people that you're negotiating with. I learned that in BUS 101 at ASU, but I'm sure that they also teach it at UOP.

Hmmh.. Didn't we hear from them when they talked about the stadium possibly being in Mesa? Didn't we hear from them when they could have had a site Tempe? How about Gila River, Ft Mcdowell, or Phoenix? This is a public stadium. We should be privey to some elements of the negotiations. We even hear now about how they are negotiating with the Fiesta Bowl over the suites. ASU should actually practice what they teach instead of airing their dirty laundry in dealings with the Cards.

This isn't something new. I'm not doubting that it is some business code of ethics, but it's not like they haven't had their negotiations aired out in the past.

I'm not asking that they reveal every stinking detail about their dealings, I just quite frankly don't see the harm in at least naming your top five choices.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is just another typical Bidwill decision. Not only is he the joke of the league as an owner, but now we have an absolute joke of a name for our stadium. "The University of Phoenix Stadium"---COME ON!!! that is by far the most ridiculous name i could have imagined. I will always refer to it as Cardinals Stadium, to spare myself the embarassment. Go Cards.

Who are the Bidwells?

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Then why waste your time making them for them?

I'm sick of responding to your posts, so lets just drop if for a while.

Let's come back in 20 years and see if UOP is still around. If so, I win, if not, you win. For now, I've got to go.

You make it sound like I'm making these allegations up. :biglaugh:

If you're tired of responding.. then just don't. It's funny how that works.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Meanwhile this "joke of an owner" just got someone to pony up $154 million dollars to name their stadium There are 29 other NFL owners who could only wish they could get that much.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Hmmh.. Didn't we hear from them when they talked about the stadium possibly being in Mesa? Didn't we hear from them when they could have had a site Tempe? How about Gila River, Ft Mcdowell, or Phoenix? This is a public stadium. We should be privey to some elements of the negotiations. We even hear now about how they are negotiating with the Fiesta Bowl over the suites. ASU should actually practice what they teach instead of airing their dirty laundry in dealings with the Cards.

This isn't something new. I'm not doubting that it is some business code of ethics, but it's not like they haven't had their negotiations aired out in the past.

I'm not asking that they reveal every stinking detail about their dealings, I just quite frankly don't see the harm in at least naming your top five choices.

Can we just stop now? I don’t want to argue.

How about this. You supply the financial statements for UOP. And your reasons why they cannot continue.

I don’t like UOP, but they do make a lot of money.

I am eager to see your plan of them going out of business in 10 years. I have a lot of time on my hands, so please shoot it over to me via email. I’ll spend some time analyzing it and get back to you.

I don’t mind being wrong. I do it all the time.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
You make it sound like I'm making these allegations up. :biglaugh:

If you're tired of responding.. then just don't. It's funny how that works.

Okay, you got me. I'm sick of responding, but I can't stop. Let's start breaking down the numbers, then I can get back to watching ridicuouls movies.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score

So, because Enron was corrupt, UOP must also be corrupt?

I can't wait to get your analysis on the UOP financials.

Red Dawn

Go Big Red!
Reaction score
The name is not my favorite by far, but nothing we say will change that, so we might as well embrace it and hope the money comes in as planned.

You down with UOP (Yeah you know me)
Who's down with UOP (Every last homie)
You down with UOP (Yeah you know me)
Who's down with UOP (All the homies)

:thumbup:

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score

This isn't something new. I'm not doubting that it is some business code of ethics, but it's not like they haven't had their negotiations aired out in the past..

Hear from whom?

Do you go to town meetings?

Out of curiosity, how many town meetings have you been to? Do you know that you can actually have input, it you want to?

Derm

slippery when wet
Reaction score
Here's some interesting (maybe) naming info:

Baltimore Ravens - M&T Bank Stadium (PSINet's sponsorship was dropped in 2001 due to bankruptcy)
Denver Broncos - Invesco Field at Mile High (foreign owned investment firm)
Detroit Lions - Ford Field (in financial trouble)
Houston Texans - Reliant Stadium (evil energy)
Miami Dolphins – used to be Pro Player Stadium (Fruit of the Loom yes, underwear)
New England Patriots - Gillette Stadium (CMGi's $120 million, 15 year deal was dropped due to bankruptcy)
New Orleans Saints - Louisiana Superdome (No naming rights deal, maybe FEMA)
Pittsburgh Steelers - Heinz Field (yeah, ketchup)
St. Louis Rams - Edward Jones Dome at America's Center (TWA's $36.7 million, 20 year deal was dropped due to bankruptcy)
San Francisco 49ers – Monster? San Francisco Stadium at Candlestick Point (so many names!)
Tennessee Titans – is it LP (evil energy) or is it just The Coliseum (Adelphia's $30 million, 15 year deal was dropped due to bankruptcy and investigations into accounting practices)

UoP ain't so bad - who equates the sponsor with the team, anyway

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Sure you were Cowboy fan. I believe you.
:doi:

Is it wrong of me to root for the Cardinals as well? (I'm an Arizona native.) I obviously don't bleed red like some others, but I'd love to see them have a good season for once.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Have you attended UoP or are you just pulling this out of your ass? i have been working there for a while and have seen many students fail miserably, i disagree that it is a "diploma mill" and even if it was it is bettering the publics futures, why do people have a problem with it?

sure the name is lame but its about money, saying they left a college stadium to name the new one a college stadium...who cares? you can call me a pink fairy pooper pirate for 7.7 million a year.

Sorry if I offended you.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort