"University of Phoenix Stadium"

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Per PFT. Good to see we are getting such glowing national attention. :sarcasm:

pft said:
CARDS' NEW SPONSOR IN HOT WATER, AGAIN

Yeah, it was a really good idea for the NFL to hop into bed with an online diploma mill founded by a guy who has tried to have his dead dog cloned.

With the ink still gooey on the 20-year, $154 million deal that will place the name "University of Phoenix" on the Arizona Cardinals' new stadium in Glendale, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has filed suit against the institution for discriminating against non-Mormons.

The EEOC has requested various forms of relief, and also has asked that the matter be certified as a class action.

This latest development reinforces our broader point regarding the arrangement. The University of Phoenix is polarizing and controversial, not the kind of operation with which the image-obsessed NFL would ordinarily associate. While on one hand the marriage potentially legitimizes the sponsor, on the other hand it possibly demeans the product.

Said one league insider in response to the news of the long-term arrangement: "It's funny that they act like they have balls and integrity by walking away from Pink Taco, but then they go and take money from a less reputable source that is considered to be a joke as a brand. Very interesting in a league that is so 'brand' conscious. Once again, proving that the Cardinals are behind the curve at every level."

Meanwhile, there are reports that the Pink Taco moniker still might surface in the NFL, affixed to the Louisiana Superdome.

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
The new name is.... *sigh*

We came out for the week w/ a couple friends of ours from STL (Rams fans) who expressed how impressed they were that the stadium name was Cardinals stadium and not sold out to the highest bidder like the TWA/EDJO/Whatever its name is next year dome.

That might have been the only day St. Louis fans were impressed by the Bidwills and it only lasted about 24 hours before the U go P announcement.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its all about money for corporate sponsorship. I really don't care what they call the stadium, I just want a winning team on the field.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has filed suit against the institution for discriminating against non-Mormons

OK, I don't understand this. Are they saying they only allow Mormons to take their courses?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, I don't understand this. Are they saying they only allow Mormons to take their courses?

No, it has to do with their employees. IIRC, the suit alleges Mormons are given unfair preference for promotions and pay.

I could hardly believe it, when I read it, that this company pulled in 2.3 billion last year.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
The new name is.... *sigh*

We came out for the week w/ a couple friends of ours from STL (Rams fans) who expressed how impressed they were that the stadium name was Cardinals stadium and not sold out to the highest bidder like the TWA/EDJO/Whatever its name is next year dome.

That might have been the only day St. Louis fans were impressed by the Bidwills and it only lasted about 24 hours before the U go P announcement.

Absolutely no offense intended, but it has never been a secret from Day One that the Cardinals were looking for a corporate sponsor. Before the thing was even voted for, it was known that the Cardinals would sell the naming rights.

No one should have been surprised in the least...it's been talked about ad nauseum for years on this board...

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know about DVD, but got to believe that something is available.

We get constant replays up here on a comedy channel.

Loved John Candy and Martin Short.

In passing; the whole show was shot in a warehouse in Toronto.

:thumbup:

Attachments

• B000I3IOKC.01-A1DFHCLT9FWVTO._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V58825358_.jpg
    B000I3IOKC.01-A1DFHCLT9FWVTO._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V58825358_.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 56

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
Absolutely no offense intended, but it has never been a secret from Day One that the Cardinals were looking for a corporate sponsor. Before the thing was even voted for, it was known that the Cardinals would sell the naming rights.

No one should have been surprised in the least...it's been talked about ad nauseum for years on this board...

Sadly, they will sell the rights to anyone apparently.

Pink Taco would have been better then PU stadium.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard