Tyrann Mathieu says no more to the Honey Badger!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Woah!

Sorry to respectfully and playfully disagree, that nickname was AWESOME. It fit his style of play, his size, and was way too funny to use in conversation.

Yeah, after having "Beanie" on our team for a while, I will have to respect Mr. Matheui's request.

FINE! :kicksdirt: No more honeybadger :(

Gotta support the young man, it is quite obvious why he doesn't want to be called that name anymore.

Different person....one would hope.

I had no opinion about this until I watched the interview he did with Deion Sanders. He acknowledged pretty much everything I said above about the nickname becoming an alter ego that he used to justify his excesses.

Steve

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck with that, Honey Badger.

GREAT nickname, Shane is an idiot.

Honey Badger will stick, no matter what. Honey Badger takes what he wants, but he can't take his nickname away. Honey Badger needs to stop caring, and go bite a cobra's head off.

There was a reason that nickname was given to him, and he didn't even like it when he first heard it. But it completely fits his style of play, and he IS the Honey Badger. No ifs, ands or buts.

Get used to it Shane, and Tyrann.

Yea you lost all credibility when you thought "Beanie" was a cool nickname!

LMFAO! :p

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I had no opinion about this until I watched the interview he did with Deion Sanders. He acknowledged pretty much everything I said above about the nickname becoming an alter ego that he used to justify his excesses.

Steve

Exactly.

Thus while I liked the nickname, gotta support the guy. I had my problems in my youth, and thank goodness for rugby and the ridiculous close friend I made from it that gave me a second chance.

A little support goes a long way. No more H.B.

Seandonic

Gotta love that Cardinal red!
Reaction score
I love the nickname. And it doesn't matter what he says. He will always be the honey badger.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea you lost all credibility when you thought "Beanie" was a cool nickname!

LMFAO! :p

Never thought it was "cool" just that it was the nickname he went by.

But this is Honey Badger, yo.

:mulli:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He said that kids can still call him the Honey Badger.

“I understand there are a lot of people who were in love with the Honey Badger and they will not let it go, but for me, going forward, I want people to recognize me as Tyrann Mathieu,” the safety said. “I don’t have anything against the Honey Badger. It’s just that Honey Badger happened at such a dark time in my life.

“I’m just really focusing on Tyrann right now.”

~

Though with a smile, he couldn’t close the door on his famous alter ego completely.

“If the little kids out there want to call me Honey Badger,” Mathieu said with a smile, “they can do that.”

Since my kids are already ecstatic about having HB on the team, they will be calling him that. And since they will, I will.

His press conference was great, too. I love the kid, a lot. And I absolutely recognize him as Tyrann, the baddass honeybadger of lore. The instant he rips a ball out of some WRs hands the place will explode and he'll feel the love, no matter what people are calling him.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Damn. Now I'm going to have to learn how to actually spell his name.

:D

And as a product of LSU, so will he.

Last edited:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Yep, now it's the Pot Badger :D

I hope like crazy BASK are right about this kid, but I think he's gonna be a monumental failure because of his off the field issues

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Yep, now it's the Pot Badger :D

I hope like crazy BASK are right about this kid, but I think he's gonna be a monumental failure because of his off the field issues

I'm honestly not worried about his off the field stuff right now. A couple years from now however when the team maybe stops coddling him maybe he would backslide at that point. For the first couple years though their probably going to be having someone with him pretty much all the time.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lol exactly (except Shane being an idiot :) ) you don't get to pick nicknames and when they are valid and when they are not.

Unless you are the Mamba.

You're so right, you don't get to pick your nickname:

GEORGE: Well, Jerry, I been thinkin'. I've gotten as far as I can go with George Costanza.

JERRY: Is this the suicide talk or the nickname talk?

GEORGE: The nickname. George. What is that? It's nothing. It's got no snap, no zip. I need a nickname that makes people light up.

JERRY: You mean like...Liza!

GEORGE: But I was thinking...T-bone.

JERRY: But there's no "t" in your name. What about G-bone?

GEORGE: There's no G-bone.

JERRY: There's a ******.

GEORGE: That's a myth.

George takes a bite of his sandwich and gets a piece stuck to his chin.

JERRY: T-bone, the ladies are gonna love ya.

EXT. KRUGER'S OFFICE BUILDING - DAY - ESTABLISHING

KRUGER: Let's order lunch.

INT. MEETING ROOM - DAY

Everyone is gathered around a large conference table.

KRUGER: Mary, I will have a chef's salad.

MALE WORKER: Turkey sandwich.

GEORGE: T-bone steak.

KRUGER: For lunch?

GEORGE: Well, I am just a T-bone kinda guy. Love that T-bone. In fact, you might as well call me--

WATKINS: That sounds good. I'll have one, too.

KRUGER: Watkins, you're havin' a T-bone?

WATKINS: I love 'em.

KRUGER: Well, then we should call you T-bone.

GEORGE: Uh, no. No, we shouldn't.

KRUGER: T-bone!

ALL (chanting): T-bone! T-bone! T-bone! T-bone! T-bone! T-bone! T-bone! T-bone!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen