Tyrann could play on Thursday

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Absolutely a terrible idea. Practice is one thing, but putting him into the MOST meaningless game of the preseason, a week before we play that exact team?

I do understand Cooper and Minter - they're players in need of meaningful reps, both hopefully healthy enough right now to have an impact during the season, if they get their injuries in line. But Tyrann has proven that he can play, that he knows the defense. He may not start game one, but he should be afforded the ability to practice and play to some point when it matters.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely a terrible idea. Practice is one thing, but putting him into the MOST meaningless game of the preseason, a week before we play that exact team?

I do understand Cooper and Minter - they're players in need of meaningful reps, both hopefully healthy enough right now to have an impact during the season, if they get their injuries in line. But Tyrann has proven that he can play, that he knows the defense. He may not start game one, but he should be afforded the ability to practice and play to some point when it matters.
I imagine he would only play enough to test his knee and see if he's ready/knock off rust

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

This.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Somers indicates that it's doubtful. And if he doesn't play, he probably won't play in the opener. Better to be cautious.

seesred

Reaction score
He has got to try out in the game. If you don't you'll never be ready. I remember a QB Rosenbach he tour his acl In a Non contact drill in Flag. When he came back he was to scared to play. Never played again. To bad he might have been our answer. I want him if ready to make contact without fear. I like the kid and he could be great. Lets see how his head is. I wish him the very best.

GBR

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doctors cleared Braxton Miller too.

There's innuendo out there that his first shoulder surgery was botched.

Our Cardinals doctors cleared Beanie...four months after micro fracture surgery. Doctors aren't infallible, especially when their job in on the line to get players who are being paid a lot of money back on the field as fast as possible.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Scary because he will mostly be playing against insurance salesmen and car salesmen come next week. Sloppy play could prove hazardous to his health. Risky game to "test" his knee out, even at the cost of him not playing in the opener.

I think it is too risky, but I don't know all of the facts on his recovery like, hopefully, the docs and staff of the Cards do.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I bet he plays maybe one or 2 series and thats it.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Scary because he will mostly be playing against insurance salesmen and car salesmen come next week. Sloppy play could prove hazardous to his health. Risky game to "test" his knee out, even at the cost of him not playing in the opener.

I think it is too risky, but I don't know all of the facts on his recovery like, hopefully, the docs and staff of the Cards do.

Our Cardinals doctors cleared Beanie...four months after micro fracture surgery. Doctors aren't infallible, especially when their job in on the line to get players who are being paid a lot of money back on the field as fast as possible.

Sam Bradford

Exactly!!!

And he only had 1 repaired ligament...and it was far from a violent hit he took that ended his season again.

All of these!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After further contemplation..

Meh.

Relax. He is either ready, or not. If he feels good and doctors agree, then he should be playing. Can he get hurt again? Sure. Can he get hurt next season? Sure. Can he get hurt on any given play? Yep. Can he get hurt getting out of the shower? Yes, he can.

Message board docs have ZERO insight into his stability, leg strength and most importantly, mental readiness. The ligament heals more quickly than you might think but the supporting muscles strengthening and rebuilding is the majority of the rehab process. Before beginning true exercise the knee has to be stable and pain free. Of anyone, TM has the insight into how ready he is and it won't be just team doctors, but his own, that will clear him.

He can be 100% and go out and play with no issues, or injure his knee on the first play. Neither of those outcomes means he was "rushed back" or "completely ready." There are things I still wear my brace for even though I'm fully healed and mentally pretty confident in my knee, but if I am planning to hike I will wear my brace because of potential instability but even that is a mental hurdle. There's not a lot of science to show the brace protects from future injury, though it suggests it.

Yes, a lot of people who injure a knee come back later and get it injured again. That's not a shock. Once you sprain an ankle, get ready for future sprains.

Bottom line, if TM is ready then he's ready.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After further contemplation..

Meh.

Relax. He is either ready, or not. If he feels good and doctors agree, then he should be playing. Can he get hurt again? Sure. Can he get hurt next season? Sure. Can he get hurt on any given play? Yep. Can he get hurt getting out of the shower? Yes, he can.

Message board docs have ZERO insight into his stability, leg strength and most importantly, mental readiness. The ligament heals more quickly than you might think but the supporting muscles strengthening and rebuilding is the majority of the rehab process. Before beginning true exercise the knee has to be stable and pain free. Of anyone, TM has the insight into how ready he is and it won't be just team doctors, but his own, that will clear him.

He can be 100% and go out and play with no issues, or injure his knee on the first play. Neither of those outcomes means he was "rushed back" or "completely ready." There are things I still wear my brace for even though I'm fully healed and mentally pretty confident in my knee, but if I am planning to hike I will wear my brace because of potential instability but even that is a mental hurdle. There's not a lot of science to show the brace protects from future injury, though it suggests it.

Yes, a lot of people who injure a knee come back later and get it injured again. That's not a shock. Once you sprain an ankle, get ready for future sprains.

Bottom line, if TM is ready then he's ready.

Truth