Tune it up

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Tune time!

All I'm pretty much hoping for is a QB who can throw further than 5 yards consistently and who doesn't throw some of the worst interceptions I've ever seen - scoring in the 4th quarter would also be appreciated
I would be excited if Tune could actually actually complete a pass to a Cardinals player!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tune was bad but that is the worse running back and receiving group we started this year. And we blocked nobody.
Yes, only 1.5 good NFL players between both units.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
This game certainly proved you can’t play QB with only 1 WR, no RBs and no offensive line. Had Murray started they’d be lucky to get him off the field without injury. The OL should be embarrassed as the Cleveland DL spent almost as much time in the Cards’ backfield as Tune. For you older folks you were probably reminded of the OLs from the Replacement Teams. I had written I expected Tune to throw 2-3 interceptions. I just didn’t expect him to get mugged. If this had been a home game Bidwill would have owed everyone refunds.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Lol Clayton Tune cannot fail, he can only be failed.

Looked 100x worse than Dobbs from kickoff. Denis Daleys fault.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've had worse OLs in the past and we've never had a QB look this bad since the wheel was invented
Heck, someone brought up Fred Wakefield, who started 9 games on the OL one season after being on the DL the previous 5 seasons. An offensive line that showcased Nick Leckey, Oliver Ross and Elton Brown.

He also played TE and returned a kick 7 yards.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Dobbs would have looked equally bad today as well. The line was atrocious and Petzing didnt do him any favors with play calling today.
Maybe. Dobbs might make quicker decisions, audible or run. The over throws, sure! But Dobbs may have avoided the pressure better or saw things Tune just doesn't see yet.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Maybe. Dobbs might make quicker decisions, audible or run. The over throws, sure! But Dobbs may have avoided the pressure better or saw things Tune just doesn't see yet.
I think Dobbs recognizes a corner blitz and audibles out of a run into the teeth of it.

Dobbs couldn’t generate big plays for us (maybe there are no big plays in this offense—pew pew pew), but he seemed to do a good job keeping the offense on schedule.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Dobbs recognizes a corner blitz and audibles out of a run into the teeth of it.

Dobbs couldn’t generate big plays for us (maybe there are no big plays in this offense—pew pew pew), but he seemed to do a good job keeping the offense on schedule.
Exactly! Don't get me wrong, Dobbs isn't winning today, but we probably get on the scoreboard.

I think Dobbs is a good as the team around him. He doesn't make them better or worse. He'll look better on a more talented Vikings, so it'll be deceiving and folks here will say we should have kept him.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Exactly! Don't get me wrong, Dobbs isn't winning today, but we probably get on the scoreboard.

I think Dobbs is a good as the team around him. He doesn't make them better or worse. He'll look better on a more talented Vikings, so it'll be deceiving and folks here will say we should have kept him.
Meh, I was ready to have Dobbs gone the last few games for us. He'll look good for the Vikes like he did when he beat the Cowgirls here but he'll regress going forward also. The Vikes line let alot of rushers thru today but Dobbs was able to allude them. DCs will see what he did today and will have a plan to contain him like they did here towards the end. Good luck to Dobbs, I genuinely liked him as a person and leader when we first traded for him, but I was ready for him to leave. Hopefully we wont see Tune anytime soon.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This game certainly proved you can’t play QB with only 1 WR, no RBs and no offensive line. Had Murray started they’d be lucky to get him off the field without injury. The OL should be embarrassed as the Cleveland DL spent almost as much time in the Cards’ backfield as Tune. For you older folks you were probably reminded of the OLs from the Replacement Teams. I had written I expected Tune to throw 2-3 interceptions. I just didn’t expect him to get mugged. If this had been a home game Bidwill would have owed everyone refunds.
It also proved Tune wasn't ready to start.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
It also proved Tune wasn't ready to start.
Kinda scary to think what he would have looked like if he started week 1. Like Harry and others wanted.

Although I guess it could be argued that by playing he wouldnt have been THAT BAD yesterday.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Kinda scary to think what he would have looked like if he started week 1. Like Harry and others wanted.

Although I guess it could be argued that by playing he wouldnt have been THAT BAD yesterday.

Yeah Lou if we're being fair Tune had zero chance to succeed yesterday. Zero.

Still, the few times he could actually stand in the pocket and make a throw, he did not impress, and that's an understatement.

It was kind of stupid to trade Astro. I don't see what was accomplished by not letting Dobbs play one or two more games before Murray returned. Plus JD looks like the far better back up QB option vs. Tune.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Still, the few times he could actually stand in the pocket and make a throw, he did not impress, and that's an understatement.

It was kind of stupid to trade Astro. I don't see what was accomplished by not letting Dobbs play one or two more games before Murray returned. Plus JD looks like the far better back up QB option vs. Tune.

I think they just wanted to get back a pick for Dobbs knowing we weren't going anywhere this year?

My assumption is Murray plays next game, if he doesn't Driskel starts.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Don’t forget that there was a trade deadline and that the Cardinals were able to get yet another draft pick due to the fact that the Vikings were in desperation mode. With as badly as Dobbs played the past few weeks, it’s only because of that desperation that we were able to secure anything for him. Sometimes you have to strike while the iron’s hot & that’s what MO did. And after yesterday’s play, Dobbs will no doubt get enough play in to get us back out 7th. As ugly as yesterday was, it was still a very good move by MO. I’m sure the Cardinals knew it would be ugly, maybe not THAT ugly, but ugly all the same. And it would have been ugly if Dobbs played too. Browns just pinned back their ears knowing the Cardinals didn’t have the weapons to counter or burn them for their constant blitzes.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

1). They got something back
2). Most of the fan base were calling for Tune and saying it can’t be worse…

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Don’t forget that there was a trade deadline and that the Cardinals were able to get yet another draft pick due to the fact that the Vikings were in desperation mode. With as badly as Dobbs played the past few weeks, it’s only because of that desperation that we were able to secure anything for him. Sometimes you have to strike while the iron’s hot & that’s what MO did. And after yesterday’s play, Dobbs will no doubt get enough play in to get us back out 7th. As ugly as yesterday was, it was still a very good move by MO. I’m sure the Cardinals knew it would be ugly, maybe not THAT ugly, but ugly all the same. And it would have been ugly if Dobbs played too. Browns just pinned back their ears knowing the Cardinals didn’t have the weapons to counter or burn them for their constant blitzes.

That makes sense PA, but wouldn't JD also have value to us as back up QB? That's an important role for a team. I don't want to belabor the point and will give you the last word if you want it my friend.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson