Trevor Ariza to Washington for Kelly Oubre and Austin Rivers.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I'll be the first to call it. Suns waive Oubre as soon as trade is complete, because it's the Suns, and the board totally melts down.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'll be the first to call it. Suns waive Oubre as soon as trade is complete, because it's the Suns, and the board totally melts down.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'd rather they waive Rivers as soon as the trade is complete.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The Wizards leaked the deal to test the reaction. Consensus is that the Suns aren't getting royally ripped off, so now Washington has pulled it, knowing that they can do better. Expect the Milwaukee pick to be included now.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
This trade is in our favor if you ask me. Getting Dillon Brooks would have been better for us, yes, but Oubre is the best player present day in the trade, though Brooks may have more of an upside.

The Wizards are probably pissed at Memphis as we should be as well. The Wiz had to trade those guys just to avoid the embarrassment of having them stick around after telling them they were traded. I doubt they wanted to trade both players to us for only Ariza.

I am 99% sure that Memphis knew all along that is was Dillon Brooks we wanted. I think once news broke prematurely the Grizz got cold feet and tried to renege on the deal by saying we were confused on which Brooks it was. Both us and Wash are blaming Memphis. Were an easy target with an interim GM and all the bad PR Sarver is getting. And it worked perfectly for them. All the media and fans immediately blamed the Suns and their incompetence.

All i can say is screw Memphis for trying to pull a fast one on us. And screw scrub ass Trevor Ariza for taking our money and putting absolutely no effort in to helping this team win. I wouldnt doubt he knew what he was doing all along.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Wizards leaked the deal to test the reaction. Consensus is that the Suns aren't getting royally ripped off, so now Washington has pulled it, knowing that they can do better. Expect the Milwaukee pick to be included now.

Please tell me you're joking.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That will be unacceptable to me.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If we're giving up another first round pick, we better get a better point guard than Austin freaking Rivers.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The problem is that last night they didn’t want Oubre, but today they are taking him just to get the deal done. We really need to get a real GM in here.
Oubre wasn't offered last night, that I am aware of. They were trying to get Brooks. Trade was most likely nixed by Grizzlies owner or power-broker. That caused a "misunderstanding". Washington still wanted Ariza and the Suns still wanted to say goodbye to Ariza. Washington offered Oubre which was probably not their first choice. They probably wanted to use Oubre to get someone else to DC.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
Oubre wasn't offered last night, that I am aware of. They were trying to get Brooks. Trade was most likely nixed by Grizzlies owner or power-broker. That caused a "misunderstanding". Washington still wanted Ariza and the Suns still wanted to say goodbye to Ariza. Washington offered Oubre which was probably not their first choice. They probably wanted to use Oubre to get someone else to DC.

I thought Oubre was who the grizzlies were supposed to get?

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, you're right. He wasn't offered to the Suns as far as I am aware. Perhaps Offset is right, but the first effort was to get Brooks. Probably more due to better fit than don't want.
Social media really jumped the gun on this one. Nobody has to prove anything and anyone who cares gets a microphone.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What the hell is going on? Is Ariza gone or what? Jesus, this front office can't even complete a trade now?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What the hell is going on? Is Ariza gone or what? Jesus, this front office can't even complete a trade now?

I think this is just posters having fun with the situation. Better to laugh than cry. And though we look like fools for this whole deal, it appears we can blame it on Memphis.

Ariza out, Rivers and Oubre in.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Not sure what you're going on about. The deal is done. No picks involved.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Well, this is a slightly better trade than the failed one. Oubre is better than anyone we were getting prior... whichever Brooks it was supposed to be.

Of course, Rivers is more of a case of subtraction by addition, but whatever.

Takeo

Reaction score
Suns aren’t nearly as competitive as they hoped to be, so what was a solid FA signing in Ariza, is now pointless. They aren’t breeding a winning culture with or without him.

They’re maybe 7 players on the current roster who’re even in the conversation to be with the Suns next year. So adding a player like Oubre is almost necessary. It’s a good return for a team like the Suns.

X
Booker
Warren
X
Ayton

Melton/Okobo
Bridges
Oubre/Jackson
X
Holmes

PG or PF with the top pick. And we continue to hope for that magical FA signing that won’t happen.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
B+ trade for the Suns. Phoenix gets the better value of the two parties and either tests the long-term fit for Ounre on this team or provides a trade asset come February. It doesn’t improve the PG position much, but it does slightly.

We’re a better team today than we were yesterday.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fine with it. Ariza wasn't going to get us a bounty so at least we got Oubre who's going to play hard and is Ariza-esque and at least a little veteran presence with Rivers. i don't expect a lot out of him, but the guys we had on the floor at PG literally don't deserve minutes at this point.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
fine with it. Ariza wasn't going to get us a bounty so at least we got Oubre who's going to play hard and is Ariza-esque and at least a little veteran presence with Rivers. i don't expect a lot out of him, but the guys we had on the floor at PG literally don't deserve minutes at this point.
Rivers is a combo guard, so Booker and Rivers as combo guards together is worth a look. Once-upon-a-time, Rivers and Crawford had some chemistry together on the court.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Calm down everyone. The League offices don't work on the weekends, thus the call will take place Monday.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just watching some film of Rivers. Honestly, he reminds me a lot of a younger Jamal Crawford. He has a good handle. His 3 point shot was at 36% last year, which is not great shakes, but good enough to keep opposition honest. He has a great crossover and he gets to the rim really well. He is an OK passer. I think we might be surprised at how much better he is than what we have on the roster. If he puts his head down and plays hero ball constantly, then he will have to sit, but honestly do we really think Booker and TJ will let him get away with that? He also has that Duke pedigree which is not a bad thing.

Also, Rivers plays with an edge. There is a bit of thuggishness in him. BC should like that. We have a lot of nice guys on our team right now.

This is just highlights, but we do not have any point guards doing these things except Jamal. Call me curious at the moment.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard