Tony Romo interceptions

Kablansky

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Tony has thrown an INT in 26 out of 33 starts dating back to 2005 including 13 out of the last 14 games.

The guy just cannot take care of the football

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Tony has thrown an INT in 26 out of 33 starts dating back to 2005 including 13 out of the last 14 games.

The guy just cannot take care of the football
his TD/INT ratio is right on point with kurt's through the same amount of games when you compare their early career starts. if he can match kurt in SB's all will be well. at the end of the day the cowboys have an explosive running attack with barber/jones. they need to quit trying to throw the ball 40 times in a game when adverse situations are presented for the offense..then the turnovers will go down and his high QB rating will be even higher. and if they are formulating a gameplan that leans on the pass they need to get their RB's heavily involved with the checkdown game....rather than trying to throw the ball beyond ten yards on every play.

I look back to the last game at UoP stadium. romo....some kid that many cards fans may not have known much about......came out and torched the cards. for most of the game he was spectacular. even when the cards got heavy pressure on him he got away only to find an uncovered WR. then on one play that I remember vividly near the goaline right before halfime......he faked a spike and threw a pass where only an arizona DB could catch the ball....but the guy dropped the would be INT. The fact is romo is a guy that does not like to hold back. he always wants to make the play even when it's not there. Now this will usually be a positive thing because he will often make plays that most guys can't or won't try to make. but at least once or twice in a game he will try to force something that's not there or that is unrealistic. I'll certainly take him over the prior cowboys QB's that have tried to win in dallas. guys that would often take a sack or throw the ball away rather than taking a chance or making a big play. then at the end of the day those guys threw more picks than TDs anyway.

Last edited:

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Romo's a damnn good quarterback who I have a healthy fear and respect for. That being said, we have got to find a way to get to him. Rough him up, and you will have success against that Cowboys.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Has Romo proven himself to be patient at all? Maybe that's the best way to stop him...contain him? Force him to take the underneath stuff and hope he makes a mistake? I don't really like that approach though. But I have my doubts in the Card's being able to pressure him enough to force mistakes.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Has Romo proven himself to be patient at all? Maybe that's the best way to stop him...contain him? Force him to take the underneath stuff and hope he makes a mistake? I don't really like that approach though. But I have my doubts in the Card's being able to pressure him enough to force mistakes.
well from what i've seen so far....in the games he's had great time to throw.....in shocking fashion he finds a guy. this would be no different for kurt on the other side. I honestly feel the key to this game will be pressure on the QB. the good news for dallas is romo can evade pressure. on the other side kurt cannot. so if the cowboys do get penetration like they are capable of...kurt will have to get the ball out quick. I'm sure that will be the game plan for the cards anyway.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
huh? He's way better than Plummer could ever dream of being.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
huh? He's way better than Plummer could ever dream of being.

He makes mistakes, plenty of dumb ones, but has a knack for making the plays to get the win.

The big difference between the two is Romo's supporting cast is so much better than Plummer's was, so they can make up for his typical one stupid mistake per game.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
tony's numbers....impressively....are almost as well as kurt's numbers through the same amount of games with the rams. and that's including interceptions as well. again don't know how else to knock the guy...a playoff victory is coming soon enough.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Romo is good for 1-2 terrible throws a game.

But he's also capable of throwing for 300+ yards and 3+ TD's in any given game.