Titans 32 Cardinals 27 Thoughts & Roster Update

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i just see a statistic about preseason.our defense produce just 3 sacks and offensive line allowed 18 sacks to opponents.
how much is the record for sacks allowed in the regular season?
was philadelphia in 86' with 104 sacks allowed.i think this offense has a chance to beat this record

Last edited:

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Yessir.. I see that now..

But the context of the article leaves alot to be desired..

Can someone tell how many snaps he got against the Raiders vs the Titans?

It feels like the same.. But at the same time.. Its preseason.. So, Im just not putting alot of faith into anything.. Whether its W or L.. Or what the coach is thinking during the game..

kolb plays
Raiders 14
Titans 29

Skelton plays
Raiders 4
titans 19

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
kolb plays
Raiders 14
Titans 29

Skelton plays
Raiders 4
titans 19

Well that is certainly fair. :sarcasm: Actually it is how many series they each had that is more important. Do you have that info?

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No.. that dont seem right.. Skelton had more than 4 agaisnt the Titians.. he had at least 3 series. at the least

Reread what you quoted, he had 4 against the Raiders... not the titans.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IIRC Kolb and Skelton had the same number of series in the Titans game it's just that Kolb moved the ball better.

Whiz has to balance having a fair competition with getting his starting QB ready for the season. Based on Kolb's better performance in practice and I would guess better classroom and tape review sessions he had the lead.

If Bones comes out and plays well against the Titans then maybe things change.

I was actually rooting for Bones to beat Kolb because of what so many of his supporters see in him. I was also more than a bit worried that Kolb had become shell shocked and was far too skittish in the pocket. Well we saw him over come that (at least for one game) against the Titans.

Everyone chooses sides during these things and comes up with crazy conspiracy theories when their favorite doesn't get the nod. Happened with Warner vs Leinart and then Leinart vs Scud and will always be the case when you don't have a clear number 1 QB.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rob Housler was held back---which is disappointing because he needs the reps and Dems needs her weekly dose of ga-ga infatuation a la the Head and Shoulders girl in the Joe Mauer commercial. Hang tough for another week, Dems!

I was not a happy camper. It did not go unnoticed that there were also no honey shots of him on the sidelines.

Thankfully, I was able to console myself today with the 437 photos I took of him up in Flag. :p

Reaction score
Mitch said:
The tough call here is going to be with Blake Gideon---who once again played tough last night. Horton loves the kid. A move might be made in order to keep Gideon---that's very possible.
Good opening post, Mitch, except for your thoughts on Gideon. Backups have to play on special teams and Gideon was terrible on punt return. His assignment on each of the Raiders first two punts made the tackle. Gideon shadowed his man all the way down the field but never laid a block on them... Gideon will be gone with the next cuts.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Interesting, dawg, because Kolb said in his ESPN interview after the game "we need a faster tempo".

I honestly believe when we start the season we're going to run a lot of hurry-up/no-huddle. Not nonstop, but it's going to be more than we're used to. Honestly, when Kolb ran the hurry-up he looked like a normal QB to me. He made an awful read coming out of halftime (TE was wide open in the middle of the field because they doubled where he was throwing. It was the same play they ran earlier). But for the most part I thought he looked better in the no-huddle. I don't know if he was just thinking less or what but he definitely looked better. It was similar to when Whis used Warner in hurry-up/2-minute (not Kolb's play, but the philosophy). I just have a feeling we're going to run a lot of it to start the season.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Good opening post, Mitch, except for your thoughts on Gideon. Backups have to play on special teams and Gideon was terrible on punt return. His assignment on each of the Raiders first two punts made the tackle. Gideon shadowed his man all the way down the field but never laid a block on them... Gideon will be gone with the next cuts.

Gideon is a coaches favorite because he knows the game and is really good at standing in the right spot. But he can't play a lick. He started 4 years at Texas and never made a play.

Kid needs to go start his coaching career. Really has made me wonder about the ability of the Cardinals staff to evaluate talent that he has received as much playing time as he has. Or even that he was brought in as an udfa for that matter.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson