Time to trade David Johnson

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Reddog, I completely agree. He took that shot in the first game at Detroit couple of years ago and hasn’t been the same. Seems to run tentatively, no burst, and gets tripped up too many times. Got paid, and lost his fire. Someone needs to have a one sided conversation with him and challenge his manhood

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reddog, I completely agree. He took that shot in the first game at Detroit couple of years ago and hasn’t been the same. Seems to run tentatively, no burst, and gets tripped up too many times. Got paid, and lost his fire. Someone needs to have a one sided conversation with him and challenge his manhood

This wuss has the third most touchdowns in his first 50 games in the history of the league.

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
This wuss has the third most touchdowns in his first 50 games in the history of the league.
So did you just prove his point by quoting stats that happened before the incident he's referring to??

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So did you just prove his point by quoting stats that happened before the incident he's referring to??

He missed a full season with the wrist injury, scored 10 tds last season and two more so far.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
DJ may very well have very good stats at the end of the year. I just want the guy to hit the hole quicker, break a tackle once in awhile, and run with some anger. More often than not he is done with first contact

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dolphins are putting Kenyan Drake on the trade block. Not that I'd want him replacing DJ. However, I think he'd be a good compliment.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
You have to play to your personnel a little bit though. I have no idea why in the red zone, there isn't a single play designed to snap under center. Line it up and run. We'd have a W under our belts in my mind if we'd done that.

He's not Adrian Peterson. He'd rather dance around and make someone miss then hit the hole hard and run everyone over.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
He's turning into beanie Wells without the contact I'm afraid as an rb.. now if we can use him as a diversion for passing situations then great. Maybe he needs more bicep curls in his life. Lol. I love the kid though.. hope he gets it going and something lights a fire under his ass.

He got his money. He has a wife and kids now, he's not going to play with the same reckless abandonment as in the past.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The end of this story is that you can't trade him and you can't cut him. His play is reminding me of Edgerrin James. Bigger guy, can catch the ball, can play in the red zone, but isn't explosive like he once was. He adds value to this team and to this offense, but it isn't worth his contract. Oh well, we are living in rookie QB cap mode. You keep him and just look to take a RB in rounds 2-4 this year to battle with Chase moving forward.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The end of this story is that you can't trade him and you can't cut him. His play is reminding me of Edgerrin James. Bigger guy, can catch the ball, can play in the red zone, but isn't explosive like he once was. He adds value to this team and to this offense, but it isn't worth his contract. Oh well, we are living in rookie QB cap mode. You keep him and just look to take a RB in rounds 2-4 this year to battle with Chase moving forward.

Great comparison to Edge, but one thing Edge was very good at was pass pro... which seems to be essential towards this type of offense

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He clearly lost some burst
Too much hesitant hitting the hole
Doesn't show much grit as the position requires and willing to break tackles

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
He ran out of the shotgun in college so I don't buy this excuse.
And he was a third round pick out of college, not a surefire NFL star.

He's not Adrian Peterson. He'd rather dance around and make someone miss then hit the hole hard and run everyone over.
Sure, he isn't a power back, but I think his speed takes a moment to build up, and he isn't particularly explosive off his first step, which is the issue when running out of shotgun. He needs to build up a little steam, get that jump cut, and go.

We're also not running him out in a lot of designed routes. I genuinely only remember him lining up for one route with KK, and not a single swing pass or whatever, only a few screens, besides the TD catch last week. Keep in mind I may have just missed some watching the Lions game live, so it's just a general perception.

Sure, he has lost effectiveness, but I see it combined with a poor scheme fit.

I don't think Edmonds is anything to write home about, so there aren't a lot of solutions besides to look for a guy that's more of a fit in next year's draft.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Was disgusted by his play this week.

He has become Beanie Wells. I saw him get tripped up twice by shoe string tackles.

David Johnson is just another player from the Bruce Arians era that was good for one or two years and regressed to an average or sub-average player.

David Johnson
Jared Veldeer
Michael Floyd
John Brown
Tyrann Mathieu
Daryl Washington
Justin Bethel (ST)

Probably missing a few.

It is like there was some kind of plague going on with that team.

Getting back to David Johnson.....we cannot trade him this year, and that is OK, because I do not see what value he has shown.

No one would take him at that salary.

.....Kiem has got to go.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy