Time to trade David Johnson

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by KYCardFan, Dec 24, 2018.

1. GuernseyCard

GuernseyCard Registered

It was in the hope you'd move on from any 'shorts in a knot' posts. I failed.

2. GuernseyCard

GuernseyCard Registered

Disinterested = impartial, and I don't think he looks uninterested.

He's the most miss used player in our lineup. For example, he's been flexed out less than 40 times, effectively negating his number one strength - play in space.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  3. gimpy

gimpy Registered

Disinterested look? What does that look like? :shrug:

4. TJ

TJ Suge White

Apparently, this board is filled with non-verbal communication experts. :shrug:

5. GuernseyCard

GuernseyCard Registered

Walter was the best!

daves and wa52lz like this.
  6. Broseph

Broseph Registered

disintereseted= having or feeling no interest in something

Except when you are disinterested in something it can manifest outwardly....

when he runs the ball, it looks like he's not interested in running the ball, lacks passion etc. I'm not necessarily saying we should trade him because we pretty much can't but I wasn't a fan of giving him a new contract until he could show durability and the ability to replicate his previous success but what is done is done.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  7. nashman

nashman Registered User

Should he run with reckless abandon in a crap season and risk injury? Don’t you think he knows more than us how ****** up the offense is right now including the ridiculous Oline he is supposed to run behind? Fitz isn’t putting up his predicted game play either should we trade him too? Let’s face it the offense and more specifically the coaching and play calling all season has sucked so badly how can anyone be properly evaluated? I think personally he has no real reason to go all out and risk HIS body and career for an incompetent coaching staff that clearly doesn’t know what they are doing! So no we shouldn’t trade him we should get a coaching staff that knows how to use our assets effectively.

Morty likes this.
  8. Broseph

Broseph Registered

risk his body? i mean the dude is making millions and millions of dollars injured or not, his family is taken care of for life. he has looked less agile, runs tepid, less explosive compared to his earlier seasons.

9. KYCardFan

KYCardFan Registered

He is just not tough enough to be a 20 carry back, he wants to play wide receiver. He misses so many holes its not funny (And granted there arent many), last week he ran up the backside of tackle on a toss sweep, instead of cutting it hard up the field, had blockers and leverage, should have been a 20 yard plus gain. He just runs soft, and his 3.6 YPC is near the bottom of league. Having a crappy O Line is no excuse to run like a sissy.

10. GuernseyCard

GuernseyCard Registered

Yeah... a 225 LB "sissy" who squats over 500 LBS. :rolleyes:

And his average per carry is DIRECTLY related to O-line play.

P.S. 20 carries a game is yesterday's football. How many touches are a better gauge and they've flexed him out less than 40 times so far.

nashman and gimpy like this.
  11. AZCB34

AZCB34 Registered User

You listen to any and all offers for any player. If the trade will make the team better, you consider it.

DJ is not a special back and he clearly isn't running hard right now. Touches...carries...who cares. My eyes tell me all I need to know. We can blame many things but first and foremost it should be DJ.

12. TJ

TJ Suge White

Can you site your source where David Johnson wants to play wide receiver exclusively?

13. PACardsFan

PACardsFan Registered User

That's nothing to sneeze at, but he may even squat more than 500. In my powerlifting days in the 80's, I lifted in the 181 class & squatted 500. It's not outside the realms of possibilities that some Linemen (not ours of course) can squat pretty close to 1000 lbs.

14. nashman

nashman Registered User

No one is trading for his contract with production this season anyway so kind of a goofy unrealistic idea anyway!

15. Cardiac

Cardiac Registered User

Ouchie sorta addressed this in another thread where he stated that DJ doesn't look like the DJ from 2016. Lost a little explosiveness IIRC was his point and it looks like that to me as well. He still has above average moves and speed but just not quite like before.

Get him an NFL Oline and he will be worth his pay IMHO. Some see timid and I see a lack of cohesiveness because the Oline changes every week and yes that does make a difference.