Time to trade David Johnson

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by KYCardFan, Dec 24, 2018.

1. ARZCardinals

ARZCardinals Registered

He has less drive than a broken down pickup truck

Give me a call when he actually breaks a single tackle

Watch - he falls on first contact -
    Once you read that and look for it it's gonna make you sick watching him

I'll add his blocking has fallen off as well. He missed 2 blitz pickups BAD that should have allowed Murray time to throw.

Love the guy as a person and his interviews, but on the field ....I'd trade him if the cap wasn't killed by Keim with DJ's deal.

Ramsey for DJ - make the numbers work Keim

2. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

Not quite ready to throw him on the scrap heap. I would like to see him more behind a run dominant set. If he did it in the first game then thee is reason to believe he can do it again.

That being said maybe it would be good to let him watch from the sidelines and give Edmonds a shot at starting. I don’t think that is going to happen. But good running backs get stronger as the game rolls on. As a team I think most of us believe we have to run the ball a bit more or at least attempt to.

3. Snoopdog323

Snoopdog323 Banned

David has one good play for a TD today, but again didn’t put up top 5 numbers let alone top 15.

b8rtm8nn likes this.
  4. FB94

FB94 Registered

We need a speed back in the worst way. DJ is just to slow to hit the hole and I question his vision when the initial hole is closed off, zero cut backs against the flow. Edmonds runs much harder right now, but we really do not have a true home run threat at the RB position. Yes our OL isn’t the greatest but DJ gets tackled by air sometimes. For a guy as built as him he goes down at first contact a lot. Easily tripped up.

5. Syracusecards

Syracusecards DA's pass went that way

He’s running like he closes his eyes as soon as he gets the ball. I just watched the highlights from today’s games of running backs running over defenders and meanwhile David Johnson looks like he’s shuffling up to the line bracing to get hit. he is a complete shell of himself from 2016

FB94 likes this.
  6. motion3

motion3 Free Agent

It would certainly help if this team had a speedy running back. David Johnson looks so slow. It's like he's little more than a possession receiver now.

To run from shotgun they really need someone with that extra burst. David has lost all of his explosiveness.

I think it would settle the rookie a bit if he didn't have to do all of the running and throwing.

7. bojack

bojack Registered

PACardsFan likes this.
  8. juza76

juza76 Registered

This scouting report is so accurate

Questionable vision. Looks to make cuts instead of keeping the run play-side. Scouts want to see more fire in his play demeanor. Play strength and blocking are problems. Goes down too easily.

BOTTOM LINE
    Johnson lacks the short-area quickness to be a consistently effective every-down running back, but he has good size, speed and hands so he can't just be dismissed. He doesn't run routes well enough and isn't sudden enough to be a wide receiver, so he might have to be a third-down back with kick-return potential.

9. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks ASFN Contributor Contributor

Maybe accurate to right now, but this looks silly to what he was a couple years ago.

10. Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior Dangerous Murray Zealot

158 yards from scrimmage for DJ today.

17 for 91 on the ground (5.4 per carry)

3 catches for 65 yards, including two elite RB-level catches on the side lines. Pretty sure Edmonds is not making those catches (although I'm glad he's on the team).

David Johnson was a big part of the win today.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  11. Shane

Shane Current STAR Contributor

He had a really good game again and no way in hell Edmunds makes those catches. I like Edmunds and he should get about 8-10 touches a game but that’s it.

12. azsouthendzone

azsouthendzone Registered

Trade DJ for what and to whom? Unless you find a GM that has been in a coma for 3 years who is going to give you anything? He has great hands as a WR. Given the state of the team I say just keep spreading him out. I would rather see him catch the ball than Trent Sherfield.

13. dscher

dscher Registered

Great game.. played with much more burst today and can catch that football for sure. Still would like a little more Edmunds between the tackles..but for now it seems to be a good synergy back there.

14. Buckybird

Buckybird Hoist the Lombardi Trophy

People hating on DJ right now is as bad a people still hating on Kyler. Nuff said! Without them this franchise would likely have almost zero bright spots to look forward too into our future as an organization going forward.

15. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones Has No Time For Love

KC, Houston, Philly, Tampa?

Just to name a couple.

I wouldn't trade him though. He is still a stud. Just cant block.