Time to trade David Johnson

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Here in NY, I have a lot of friends who used to work on Wall Street. Their advice was to buy low and sell high. Don't think this is a good time to trade DJ.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
You have to play to your personnel a little bit though. I have no idea why in the red zone, there isn't a single play designed to snap under center. Line it up and run. We'd have a W under our belts in my mind if we'd done that.
Agree but it’s rarely gonna change

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Honestly I'd argue the wrist injury cost us the game because we didn't have his threat on 2 red zone drives we settled for FG's.

He's not the same guy that's apparent, but he's still good.
Good point Russ. Agree that DJ is more of help having him & tossing him to the dumpster at this point

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
DJ is one of the best backs in the league, but even the greatest can't run without blocking ahead of him.
Who do you think would do better in this backfield? Zeke? Kamara? They'd look like fools too.
We solved our QB problem. We solved our CB problem. We took big steps on the DL. We took in a bunch of talented WR.
That's about as much as you can solve in one offseason.
They even tried to address the OL as possible. Brought in Sweezy, Garcia, Gilbert, Gaillard, got Shipley back, but Garcia and Gilbert went down before the start. What else can you do?

The OL is the clear objective for next offseason.

DJ is no longer one of the best backs in the league.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Nobody wants this version of DJ. He is not quick and has been bad in pass blocking. We are stuck with him this year and next.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's turning into beanie Wells without the contact I'm afraid as an rb.. now if we can use him as a diversion for passing situations then great. Maybe he needs more bicep curls in his life. Lol. I love the kid though.. hope he gets it going and something lights a fire under his ass.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
No, but abandoning it isn't good. If OL has a strength, that was supposedly it.
If I am scheming vs the Ravens and Lions defense, the secondary seems like the path of least resistance. Playing from behind only increases the need to.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
If I am scheming vs the Ravens and Lions defense, the secondary seems like the path of least resistance. Playing from behind only increases the need to.
Unfortunately. They have to get stops earlier. Jackson was more then they could handle mostly. Ran and threw roughshod over them early. They got in their own way a lot. Jones and Suggs weren't much factors today. This was a hard matchup for us.

Balt. D was just pinning their ears back.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
People get the correlation between running and winning all wrong.

Teams run because they are winning. They don't run to win.

We don't need to run the ball more. We need to run it more effectively and we need to get the lead in a game.

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
Honestly I'd be surprised if we could get a high pick for him. One of the highest paid RB's in the league.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
Our o line can’t block for crap...nobody is gong anywhere behind them.
This is the excuse we've been making for him for 18 games now. Bottom line is he's not the same RB as 2016/17. Barry Sanders had bad blocking his whole life. For what we're paying DJ I expect him to rush well in spite of bad blocking, else why pay him?

I admit I finally saw him break a tackle today, so that was nice. Got called back for holding but nice to see him not go down on first contact.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
He's turning into beanie Wells without the contact I'm afraid as an rb.. now if we can use him as a diversion for passing situations then great. Maybe he needs more bicep curls in his life. Lol. I love the kid though.. hope he gets it going and something lights a fire under his ass.

Getting more and more worried about him too...

Still, I'm trying to be patient. He played okay last week.

Let's see how he looks against CAR. I'm calling my shot. We upset the Panthers next week.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yes, year in and year out, the Ravens are one of best teams at stopping the run. I was at the game today. Tough to beat anyone when you’re settling for fg’s, but especially a team like Baltimore. OL played poorly, and Murray would have thrown for another 100 yards if our line would have given just a little more time. There were times, especially in the first half when Murray had to release a hair too early to avoid a sack & just missed large gains. All in all, I was impressed that we hung with them on the road.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson