Time to move on, we have our QB

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
This is what the Cards can finally do now, and one would hope Keim starts to wear out the elbows on his suit doing so by getting on the phone and scouring the landscape for beneficial opportunities. I still think we need to address the center position because we still do not have a legit backup and can you really trust the Hudson situation? At least for me as a fan still not knowing what is going on, I cannot, and we are going to have to address that in the near future to protect our franchise QB. We need a vet corner, if it's Alford so be it and give a reasonable contract because refusing to pay a tad more than the vet minimum is penny pinching which makes no sense, he does know the system... and do you buffer that pass rush? Well, I think we should make an effort

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
There are still a lot of positions that still need attention. A back up center is certainly one as is CB, the Dline and Oline as well as Edge. I just suspect the team will sit on who they have along both lines as well s Edge and will probably only address the CB spot. Even a decent back up center is probably not in the picture right now.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
There are still a lot of positions that still need attention. A back up center is certainly one as is CB, the Dline and Oline as well as Edge. I just suspect the team will sit on who they have along both lines as well s Edge and will probably only address the CB spot. Even a decent back up center is probably not in the picture right now.
We addressed edge....with the draft.

Not ideal maybe, should have been done a couple years ago.
But i dont expect to see any further movement on that front.
We need to hope pugh really stunk it up at center. If the coaches imply they can work with him keim wont look at a backup.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I think you are right

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what’s next…we have the capacity to trade for a marquee player cap wise. Remember Hump is on an expiring deal w little dead money.. would be very easy to restructure/extend I’d we wanted to (I’m still in the boat that he is very much bottom tier starter in this league).

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I agree there‘s no point in debating Murray’s skills any longer. He’s the QB for 2022 and likely several years beyond. For my money he has a puncher’s chance, but mostly it will depend on whether Kingsbury can succeed as an NFL coach.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree there‘s no point in debating Murray’s skills any longer. He’s the QB for 2022 and likely several years beyond. For my money he has a puncher’s chance, but mostly it will depend on whether Kingsbury can succeed as an NFL coach.
I don’t understand why people tie whatever success Kyler may have to Kingsbury. Makes no sense to me. With Murray’s ridiculous skill set, he can be exceptional in ANY system, with any HC. If anything, KK is riding K1’s coattails, not the reverse.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don’t understand why people tie whatever success Kyler may have to Kingsbury. Makes no sense to me. With Murray’s ridiculous skill set, he can be exceptional in ANY system, with any HC. If anything, KK is riding K1’s coattails, not the reverse.
How do you reconcile this with your assertion that Kyler didn’t have enough weapons to compete in the second half of last season?

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Totally disagree. Mostly going with an empty backfield is a coaching decision. Going for 20 yards when you need 4 is frequently a coaching decision. Play design that doesn’t result in an open receiver is mostly a coaching issue. Not going under center is a coaching decision. Calling repeated tosses behind the line of scrimmage is a coaching decision. Not using hot reads is a teaching concern or a coaching decision. To win consistently in the NFL coaches must put QBs in a position where success is the most likely outcome.

This is not to say Murray doesn’t bear responsibility for success. I’m just saying it takes many people doing their job to win. So far I’m not convinced Kingsbury has what it takes to make that happen.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Totally disagree. Mostly going with an empty backfield is a coaching decision. Going for 20 yards when you need 4 is frequently a coaching decision. Play design that doesn’t result in an open receiver is mostly a coaching issue. Not going under center is a coaching decision. Calling repeated tosses behind the line of scrimmage is a coaching decision. Not using hot reads is a teaching concern or a coaching decision. To win consistently in the NFL coaches must put QBs in a position where success is the most likely outcome.

This is not to say Murray doesn’t bear responsibility for success. I’m just saying it takes many people doing their job to win. So far I’m not convinced Kingsbury has what it takes to make that happen.
He coached colt to 2 wins against quality teams. It was impressive, to me.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
So he could thrive in an under-center, run-heavy offense?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So he could thrive in an under-center, run-heavy offense?
That's where he should be on most downs, especially if KK wants to make good on what he said the offense wants to do this year which is. Be not so predictable & also disguised so the defense doesn't know if it's a run or pass. I'm paraphrasing of course but that's the jist of what KK said.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson