Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Goyer on Thor - From The Dark Knight to the God of Thunder
Source: IESB, IGN FilmForce

December 13, 2004 -
The IESB chatted with Marvel Studios CEO and film producer Avi Arad about the planned big-screen version of Thor, Marvel Comics' recently deceased god of thunder.

Rumors swirled last week that screenwriter David Goyer (the Blade trilogy, Batman Begins) was onboard the project. Arad confirmed that for the IESB.

"Thor is being written now. Actually, David is going to write it," Arad said at the premiere of Blade: Trinity. "He is a Thor fanatic for a long time. He's going to write it."

When asked about Thor (at the Comic Book and Science Fiction Convention), Goyer was legitimately surprised to hear that Arad said he was scripting it. As far as Goyer knew, the deal was still only in the works.

Goyer added that he hopes to direct the film, which is set-up at Sony Pictures. He also downplayed the notion that rumored contender Triple H – who appears in Blade: Trinity – would portray Thor, saying he didn't think the wrestler-actor might be all that interested in it.

Djaughe

Reaction score
Interesting...but methinks this would be more difficult than the magneto movie...I pray they don't fabio in as thor or do that version from the old incredible hulk vs. thor t.v. movie....

You must be registered for see images

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Matthew Vaughn to helm 'Thor'

Source: Variety

According to Variety, Marvel Studios is setting Matthew Vaughn (Stardust) to direct Thor, based on the Marvel Comics character.

Mark Protosevich (I Am Legend) did the adaptation of the comicbook franchise that launched in 1962. Thor is a blonde-tressed, hammer-wielding hero who's sent to Earth to protect mankind.

Thor marks Vaughn's second effort at a superhero pic. He was attached to direct X-Men 3 before bowing out for personal reasons. Vaughn, who produced the Guy Ritchie-directed films Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch, made his directing debut with the Daniel Craig starrer Layer Cake.

Marvel is aiming for a pre-strike production start this winter.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to The Hollywood Reporter, "Matthew Vaughn is no longer attached to direct the project because his holding deal expired in December."

Marvel Studios is on the move for a new director and is currently waiting for a polished script from screenwriter Mark Protosevich

President Kevin Feige said of Marvel Studios said; "It's very much a Marvel superhero story but against the backdrop of nothing you've seen before."

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kenneth Branagh is now the director and the latest rumor is that he met with Alexander Skarsgård, the 32 year old son of veteran actor Stellan Skarsgård, recently.

Alexander is 6'4 and has appeared on the shows True Blood and Generation Kill.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kenneth Branagh is now the director and the latest rumor is that he met with Alexander Skarsgård, the 32 year old son of veteran actor Stellan Skarsgård, recently.

Alexander is 6'4 and has appeared on the shows True Blood and Generation Kill.

He's the professor in Good Will Hunting. Alex Skargard is Eric in True Blood

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just looked him up. I'd hope they'd put some serious muscle weight on him.

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thor decides to visit Earth, so he disguises himself as an average guy and goes into a bar. Sitting at the bar is a beautiful woman and when their eyes meet, they are both instantly overcome with lust, and so it's off to the girl's apartment.

After a marathon lovemaking episode, the Norse god throws off his disguise and roars, "I'm Thor!".

To which the girl replies, "You're Thor?!, I'm tho thor I can barely pith!!!"

I hope this part makes into the movie. :)

JTS

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thor decides to visit Earth, so he disguises himself as an average guy and goes into a bar. Sitting at the bar is a beautiful woman and when their eyes meet, they are both instantly overcome with lust, and so it's off to the girl's apartment.

After a marathon lovemaking episode, the Norse god throws off his disguise and roars, "I'm Thor!".

To which the girl replies, "You're Thor?!, I'm tho thor I can barely pith!!!"

I hope this part makes into the movie. :)

JTS
Pure. Awesome.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paramount has moved up the release of Marvel Studios' Thor from June 17, 2011 to May 20, 2011. This move sets the release for Thor just two weeks after Spider-Man 4 opens on May 6, 2011.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I heard he was short...like Brad Pitt short...?

Thor needs to be a big guy, IMHO. At least a tall guy.

Tall is irrelevant. The cameras and director can make anyone look tall. They need someone that is buff and looks 'big'. An actor can easily pull that off even if short; see Sly Stallone.

That said, this casting doesn't do much for me. Ah well.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll certainly defer damnati--er, judgment until I see the flick, but at first blush this is a curious at best casting decision.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First pic:

You must be registered for see images attach

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

I don't know why but the picture reminds me of the Flash Gordon movie.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score

I don't know why but the picture reminds me of the Flash Gordon movie.

Their gear looks a bit too...futuristic.

Shouldn't it be a bit more...rustic?

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Mjolnir is pretty plain looking... I thought it would have a little more to it.. Viking scripting engraved on it or something. The armor is very Marvel-esc me thinks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard