Thor

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Is it me or has Natalie Portman been in about every movie that's come out in the last 6 months?

I have no issues with that. It is always great to see her in anything.

As for the movie, it was solid. I think it was best comic book movie since the first Iron Man. Tom Hiddleston was fantastic. Probably my favorite villain in any of the recent comic movies. Really glad to hear he has been signed for a few movies and is supposed to be the main bad guy in The Avengers.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
AZ: You're right Hiddleston stole the show...

Portman did a good job in her role...

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thor. Hubba. :devil:

I really enjoyed it. Thought there were some good, funny lines. (Loved the Stark comment!) Liked the action scenes. Definitely a :thumbup:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw it this afternoon. I was really, really impressed. Maybe the best comic book movie yet, IMO.

I had a stupid fanboy smile on my face throughout the scene when he redeemed himself through his willingness to sacrifice himself to save Earth and regained his power and Mjilnor. That was an awesome redemption sequence.

Did anyone stay for the post-credit Nick Fury scene?

Looks like Loki is being set up to be the (or "a") villain in the Avengers movie and that the Cosmic Cube will play a central role.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Brought my 4 year old boy with me to see this and he was ready to leave as soon as the credits rolled. Totally forgot about the teaser at the end of these.

:bang:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brought my 4 year old boy with me to see this and he was ready to leave as soon as the credits rolled. Totally forgot about the teaser at the end of these.

:bang:
How'd the movie go over with your boy? I'm thinking of taking my kids, 5 and 7....but I'm wondering if it might be a little grown-up for them yet...

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Saw it this afternoon. I was really, really impressed. Maybe the best comic book movie yet, IMO.

I had a stupid fanboy smile on my face throughout the scene when he redeemed himself through his willingness to sacrifice himself to save Earth and regained his power and Mjilnor. That was an awesome redemption sequence.

Looks like Loki is being set up to be the (or "a") villain in the Avengers movie and that the Cosmic Cube will play a central role.

He has been signed to be in the Avengers.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How'd the movie go over with your boy? I'm thinking of taking my kids, 5 and 7....but I'm wondering if it might be a little grown-up for them yet...

It was a little long for him but he made it through. He did ask questions all through-out the movie (mostly who is that type questions) but there wasn't anything in the movie that I was worried about him seeing.

I had Friday off so we decided to have a "Man Day" and he got a kick out of that. Plus he had to keep it a secret from his sister and mom which he thought was cool. Training him early.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to go see this today. Very good. Not Darknight good but it was up there. I was really worried about this movie being ultra camp but was very impressed that they managed to go between the "fantasy" elements and earth with relative ease.
Definitely having Natalie and Anthony in the movie upped the acting chops a bit for sure. Overall very impressed.

After seeing this movie, I think Joss Whedon has an almost impossible task ahead of him with the Avengers. With all the characters he has to intervweve into the Avengers.....it's going to be a monumental task. He has to give enough screen time to the characters that everybody loves from the individual films while making sure that he is still able to stell the story he wants to tell. Not a fun balancing act for sure.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Went to go see this today. Very good. Not Darknight good but it was up there. I was really worried about this movie being ultra camp but was very impressed that they managed to go between the "fantasy" elements and earth with relative ease.
Definitely having Natalie and Anthony in the movie upped the acting chops a bit for sure. Overall very impressed.

After seeing this movie, I think Joss Whedon has an almost impossible task ahead of him with the Avengers. With all the characters he has to intervweve into the Avengers.....it's going to be a monumental task. He has to give enough screen time to the characters that everybody loves from the individual films while making sure that he is still able to stell the story he wants to tell. Not a fun balancing act for sure.

If he is able to pull this off he needs to be given the best director oscar.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I saw it today.

Honestly, I've never read a thor comic or seen a thor cartoon, the most I've even heard of thor was in that 80's movie Adventures in Babysitting (ahh Elizabeth Shue, how I loved you) where the little girl was obsessed with Thor. So I wasn't really interested in this movie. I was even one of those who thought; 'his weapon is a big hammer? hmm that's kinda lame.'

But I went to see it anyway.

Man I'm so glad I did! I loved it! It was nothing like I expected. There was way more action in Thors world than I thought there would be and it was awesome. I loved the story and all the lore from his world. I loved Portman like always and I thought it had the right amount of humor.

All in all I was plesantly surprised and will probably go see it again.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Dang I forgot to stay and see if there was an End Credit teaser, can you give me a spoiler box and tell me what happened P? plz and ty

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Dang I forgot to stay and see if there was an End Credit teaser, can you give me a spoiler box and tell me what happened P? plz and ty

Forgive me as I don't remember the character names...

But essentially the professor Natalie Portman meets Samuel L. Jackson in a secret place where they have the energy thing from the frost people. Jacksons talks to him about it and they pan to the reflection of the teacher and his reflection is Loki who says something and the teacher repeats what Loki says verbatim.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Loved my comics as a kid and reading this has got me amped to go see Thor and First Class as many ASFN'ers seemed to enjoy them.

I have a OT question for anyone who knows comics. One of my favorite storylines when I was younger was the Infinity Gauntlet. I also think this story line would be an awesome main stream movie (cmon every Marvel Superhero getting killed?) .....has there been any talk, rumors, or innuendo as such?

Speaking of which a X-Men Age of Apocolypse Trilogy would be pretty damn cool IMO.

This coming from a guy who appreciates this world, but hasn't had as much day to day or insight into future movie projects as many others here.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't see why you guys were gushing over it - pretty boring movie

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I recently watched it. Much funnier than I was expecting.

I saw it today.

Honestly, I've never read a thor comic or seen a thor cartoon, the most I've even heard of thor was in that 80's movie Adventures in Babysitting (ahh Elizabeth Shue, how I loved you) where the little girl was obsessed with Thor. So I wasn't really interested in this movie. I was even one of those who thought; 'his weapon is a big hammer? hmm that's kinda lame.'

But I went to see it anyway.

Man I'm so glad I did! I loved it! It was nothing like I expected. There was way more action in Thors world than I thought there would be and it was awesome. I loved the story and all the lore from his world. I loved Portman like always and I thought it had the right amount of humor.

All in all I was plesantly surprised and will probably go see it again.

Dang Bert...I was going to post the same thing about Adventures in Babysitting. That was the extent of my Thor knowledge before seeing this.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am halfway through it, better than I thought it would be so far. surprised you didnt like it Jon, thor is fkn chizeled.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good movie. Entertaining. End wasn't as epic as beginning.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I had not seen this movie yet (no clue why, wanted to) and have been itching to see Thor 2 which looks PHENOMENAL for a "see in the theater" movie.

So we watched this as a family today...I loved it. It was awesome. Kind of funny now that we are watching Agents of SHIELD and already seen Avengers to get some of the backplot for both of that...

I always loved Thor (shoutout above to the Adventures in Babysitting reference...ahhh, Elizabeth Shue....) and was excited to see this finally.

Funny, good action, nicely done story, Loki was so well acted...just good all around (and I love natalie portman).

Best line, IMO, was when he drank the coffee and said how good it was, smashed the cup and asked for another and was like "what?" about it. So freaking well done there.

Love me some Thor. I hear Thor 2 is amazing...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard