MCU: Avenger: Secret Wars

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure this will be the more recent version of Secret Wars, not the original.

Secret Wars (2015)[edit]​

Main article: Secret Wars (2015 comic book)
In May 2015, Marvel published a new Secret Wars miniseries, written by Jonathan Hickman and drawn by Esad Ribić, that picked up from where the "Time Runs Out" storyline running in Avengers and New Avengers at the time had ended.[29] The storyline involved the Marvel Universe combining with other alternate universes, including the Ultimate Universe, as well as the 2099 Universe, to form Battleworld, a world which exhibits aspects of the various universes. The core limited series was nine issues long, and ran for eight months, ending in January 2016.[30][31][32] One of the core miniseries, Ultimate End, had ended the Ultimate Marvel imprint after 15 years at the time. Ultimate End is written by Brian Michael Bendis and artist Mark Bagley, the team that began the Ultimate Marvel universe with Ultimate Spider-Man.[33]

This story fits very much with the Multiverse Saga

I'm not familiar with this one. Long past my time in comics, but I'll see if I can find it and check it out.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Has the new Blade movie been canceled now? Last I saw it was still a go. While I love Snipes, bringing him back seems like a bad move if the new one is still a go. It's a DC move.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's Multiverse-centric, then I don't see what the problem is.

My issue is that I don't like the Multiverse.
I love the multiverse but it can go off the rails if not done right. The last Spiderman is a perfect example of how to do it right.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
If it's Multiverse-centric, then I don't see what the problem is.

My issue is that I don't like the Multiverse.
I hate the multiverse. It created too many issues while also giving them easy outs when they mess.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I hate the multiverse. It created too many issues while also giving them easy outs when they mess.
Yeah that's what bothers me. The margin for error is really thin. Spiderman is the one movie that got it right, but it has to be a perfect storm and that one was fueled by a lot of nostalgia. Dr. Strange was not.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yeah that's what bothers me. The margin for error is really thin. Spiderman is the one movie that got it right, but it has to be a perfect storm and that one was fueled by a lot of nostalgia. Dr. Strange was not.
I felt Doctor Strange was one of the better recent Marvel movies, but it was way different tonally than most Marvel movies, so I can understand the distaste for it.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what I mean by done right. If it's being used as a "crutch" like them loosley explaining all of the WB/DC Mess? Hate it. When they do it right like Spiderman? I love it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose