This team should continue to improve this year

RedLine

Right Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Moreso than most established teams. They should be playing much better in December than they did in September. Here's why:

New coaching staff, new offense, many new defensive packages. The team will play with more competence and confidence as they learn the system.

Many young players seeing a lot of playing time (Levi, Lyle, TE's, Breaston, Watson, Branch (soon I hope). And veterans playing in new positions (Dockett, Dansby, Berry, Pace). All will get better.

The offensive line is mostly new and will continue to gel.

I hope to see a lot of improvement from Leinart.

But mostly, the coaches are teaching these guys, and I don't think coach will allow them to quit playing smart, mistake free, consistent football. They will buy into Whis's system and play with confidence.

As soon as they learn to get a few road wins, they will become a solid top 10 team. Bring on the Kool-Aid! Who will we meet in the playoffs - Goatropers or Cheeseheads?

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I completely agree with you. I try not to get too excited, but honestly, this is a different Cards team. We are on the rise and we are seeing it first. People at work who hate on the Cards are killing me, showing their ignorance lately.

ArizonaElvis

Registered
Reaction score
Who knows maybe were a Cinderella team, just like the Rams did on 1999?

Actually I dont see us as a Cinderella team. We've been good for the past couple years, just had a bad coaching staff. Even the experts have been picking us to win the division the last year or so, we just never got it done because Denny never got this team believing they could do it! It's a new year, new era, & same talent! This is our year! GO BIG RED!!!