There really is no available QB worth signing...

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Because if I thought for example I could play in the NFL and that was my dream, I would show up on the Cardinal's doorstep begging to be given a chance without needing an invite. Good WRs, great defense and a good OL by Cardinal standards. The Leinarts and Vince Youngs are wimps. Tebow is a wimp. They do not have the stones or the initiative to be a NFL QB, or they would do more than text about the position like a little high school kid. Seriously, if I was on the streets and thought I had it in me, I would show up with nothing to lose. We are stuck with Lindley. Not only does he has some of the worst stats or does have the worst stats of any NFL QB of all time, he seems to have been giving the miraculous chance to keep proving himself. This has to be the most wacked out season I have ever experienced as a Cardinal fan!

JC_AZ

JC_AZ
Reaction score
Too bad Josh Freeman must have some incredible baggage since he does have some skills

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about Charlie Batch who knows the system? He doesn't have a strong arm, but can game manage. 100 x more accurate than Lindley

What about Rex Grossman? I know he is a head case. But he can throw deep and can make some tough throws.

John Kitna? Don't know much about him at this point. But a vet that can make decisions.

My point is that there were better options out there. Not real better options, but vets that can throw under pressure and game manage way better than Lindley.

I will never be convinced that Lindley was our best option besides being familiar with the play book. He is terrible, looks lost and appears to have very little knowledge of the playbook which is why he was signed.

FO and BA dropped the ball on this. We have no chance to win any more games with him at the helm which is sad for us the fans and the team who worked so hard to get where we are.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Because if I thought for example I could play in the NFL and that was my dream, I would show up on the Cardinal's doorstep begging to be given a chance without needing an invite. Good WRs, great defense and a good OL by Cardinal standards. The Leinarts and Vince Youngs are wimps. Tebow is a wimp. They do not have the stones or the initiative to be a NFL QB, or they would do more than text about the position like a little high school kid. Seriously, if I was on the streets and thought I had it in me, I would show up with nothing to lose. We are stuck with Lindley. Not only does he has some of the worst stats or does have the worst stats of any NFL QB of all time, he seems to have been giving the miraculous chance to keep proving himself. This has to be the most wacked out season I have ever experienced as a Cardinal fan!

Lindley struggling as a late round rookie behind Potter, Snyder, and the rest of the 2012 offense under Whizengrimm was very understandable. But here, with this O Line and under these coaches, he looks exactly the same as he did two years ago. Leading the worst offense in recent NFL history. I feel for the kid, but anyone - Grossman, Garrard, Freeman, Rosenbach....- would have hit an occasional receiver.

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A good QB coach can do lots to improve footwork/setup , throwing mechanics etc. If you can find a QB coach who can fix "Deer In The Headlights Mental's" (Lindley) , sign that coach to a high pay lifetime contract !!!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Too bad Josh Freeman must have some incredible baggage since he does have some skills

The same guy who in his last start, had the worst statistical game for a QB in MNF history?

Freeman sucks on top of having all of that baggage.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

How can you call Tebow a wimp? He's not afraid to take a hit or run with the ball. Neither is Young. Leinart is beyond a wimp. He's a euphemism for a female body part but Tebow and Young are far from being wimps as I believe both have the initiative. In fact, I think Tebow is leaps and bounds better than some of the stiffs who are still collecting paychecks as backups. I'd take him over Lindley in a heart beat.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You have to at least bring one of these guys in. We have zero chance with Lindley. This is obvious.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unless BASK are single mindedly dedicated to sabotaging this season. you have to believe that they've considered all options before reaching the present conclusion.

P.S. fans of every team that has or had a QB issue has suggested Tebow, and they've turned that suggestion down.

TJ

Reaction score
You have to at least bring one of these guys in. We have zero chance with Lindley. This is obvious.

And zero chance with anyone on the open market. There literally is no one with any talent available who can pick up the playbook and be successful. No one.

People seem to think that this is like Madden 2k15 in that the team can simply pick up a higher rated QB from free agency, plug him in, and he'll automatically perform better. There are numerous variables working against any of the mediocre-to-crappy QBs that simply can't be overcome in a couple of weeks. Ask Minnesota how that worked for Josh Freeman last season.

If you're a fan, you have to hope that the defense consistently plays to its potential and that the running game doesn't stall like it did against Seattle.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And zero chance with anyone on the open market. There literally is no one with any talent available who can pick up the playbook and be successful. No one.

People seem to think that this is like Madden 2k15 in that the team can simply pick up a higher rated QB from free agency, plug him in, and he'll automatically perform better. There are numerous variables working against any of the mediocre-to-crappy QBs that simply can't be overcome in a couple of weeks. Ask Minnesota how that worked for Josh Freeman last season.

If you're a fan, you have to hope that the defense consistently plays to its potential and that the running game doesn't stall like it did against Seattle.

We have tried Lindley. Try something else. Nothing to lose.

TJ

Reaction score
We have tried Lindley. Try something else. Nothing to lose.

So name some players available that would work right now given the circumstances?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So name some players available that would work right now given the circumstances?

the qbs available stinks but lindley doesnt have nothing good to offer

he is the worst among them

the guy if wasnt for whiz and the scouting staff would not have never hit a nfl field for a regular season match

Last edited:

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

As mentioned I would try any one of Grossman, Freeman, Garrard and yes even Tebow at this point. As I said nothing to lose. A good chance this doesn't work either? Absolutely but Lindley is beyond bad.

TJ

Reaction score
As mentioned I would try any one of Grossman, Freeman, Garrard and yes even Tebow at this point. As I said nothing to lose. A good chance this doesn't work either? Absolutely but Lindley is beyond bad.

Garrard hasnt played since 2010 and has recurring back problems.

Last time Freeman played, his stats were far worse than Lindley's, and he played against a mediocre defense. Plus, he's a head case.

Grossman is old, awful, and has no desire to play anymore

Tebow?? :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Along with the facts that all of the aforementioned have zero experience with Arians, are probably not in football shape, and have played no snaps with any of the current players on the roster, it's a recipe for disaster, and perhaps worse than Lindley, as evidenced by Freeman's last game.

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
The same guy who in his last start, had the worst statistical game for a QB in MNF history?

Freeman sucks on top of having all of that baggage.

Career Stats:
TDS
INT
YDS
RTG

Not great but light years better than a guy who can't even throw one td in this league despite 225 pass attempts.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Garrard hasnt played since 2010 and has recurring back problems.

Last time Freeman played, his stats were far worse than Lindley's, and he played against a mediocre defense. Plus, he's a head case.

Grossman is old, awful, and has no desire to play anymore

Tebow?? :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Along with the facts that all of the aforementioned have zero experience with Arians, are probably not in football shape, and have played no snaps with any of the current players on the roster, it's a recipe for disaster, and perhaps worse than Lindley, as evidenced by Freeman's last game.

And every person I mentioned has performed better than Lindley. You say they will be worse than Lindley? Oh ok. Please give me one attribute that Lindley has that gives you hope and what exactly is it he does better than any individual I mentioned.

Please don't tell me he knows the playbook. He is not capable of looking off a receiver and the playbook just tells him who to throw the ball short to or way over their head.

TJ

Reaction score
And every person I mentioned has performed better than Lindley. You say they will be worse than Lindley? Oh ok. Please give me one attribute that Lindley has that gives you hope and what exactly is it he does better than any individual I mentioned.

Please don't tell me he knows the playbook. He is not capable of looking off a receiver and the playbook just tells him who to throw the ball short to or way over their head.

Key word is "has."

They're free agents this deep into the season for a reason, despite only 16 of the 32 starting QBs being 100% healthy all season. Plenty of teams needed an extra QB on the roster and yet, everyone said to those guys, "thanks but no thanks."

Again, this fallacy that the quarterback position is plug-and-play has really made many here lose perspective of the QBS position.

You think any coach can adapt these guys into the offense within days of the playoffs? You think they're in game shape and ready to go the minute the ink dries on the contract? You think they have any understanding of the playbook? You think they have any rapport with the other players on the team?

The answer is "no" to all.

If there were somehow a Peyton Manning available, then sure, why not. But there isn't and there's no upside to bringing in another guy at this juncture for the reasons I explained. None.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Key word is "has."

They're free agents this deep into the season for a reason, despite only 16 of the 32 starting QBs being 100% healthy all season. Plenty of teams needed an extra QB on the roster and yet, everyone said to those guys, "thanks but no thanks."

Again, this fallacy that the quarterback position is plug-and-play has really made many here lose perspective of the QBS position.

You think any coach can adapt these guys into the offense within days of the playoffs? You think they're in game shape and ready to go the minute the ink dries on the contract? You think they have any understanding of the playbook? You think they have any rapport with the other players on the team?

The answer is "no" to all.

If there were somehow a Peyton Manning available, then sure, why not. But there isn't and there's no upside to bringing in another guy at this juncture for the reasons I explained. None.

Not plug and play. Just better than Lindley which requires very little.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I like how people keep thinking Tim Tebow, guy who lead Denver lead to playoffs & win over Steelers in playoffs, is worse than Ryan Lindley :biglaugh:

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
I like how people keep thinking Tim Tebow, guy who lead Denver lead to playoffs & win over Steelers in playoffs, is worse than Ryan Lindley :biglaugh:

Its certainly not a stretch to think that, especially at this point since he's just a reporter for GMA and probably hasnt throw a football in over a year. Lindley by a nose!

TJ

Reaction score

Maybe he is better or maybe he is not, but he's the antithesis of a Bruce Arians quarterback with his run-first instinct and weak arm strength. In addition, his mere presence is a massive distraction as evidenced by the fact that no one can stop talking about him despite his lack of QB ability.

The reality is Tebow is not a good quarterback, anyway.

Last edited:

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Tebow sucks, why are we still talking about him. He hasn't played football in years and even when he did he wasn't good. Please stop.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Tebow sucks, why are we still talking about him. He hasn't played football in years and even when he did he wasn't good. Please stop.

He won more games (both regular season and playoffs) as a starter than both Lindley, and Thomas combined, that's why.