There’s still a possibility we draft Nabers

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
There's a universe, sure. I'd rather take the better odds up top of the draft.
And I would too. I continue to say as much, but some of you (not you), don't understand the concept of talking through and considering draft strategies.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
This is one where the Cards shouldn't overthink it. They have a lot of picks in the first 96 and 2 first rounders. Get a blue chip player like the best WR, then at 27 go CB, DT, or Edge. Seems Edge is thin too and maybe 27 can be that CB they need. But don't trade down and end up with a bust or 2 two and a second tier guy. Plus, they have their 2025 picks too on a plan that realistically looks like a 2 yr plan. It'll be a miracle if this team is ever good, but some say they can win with Kyler Murray and impact offensive players. We're going to find out. The D needs a lot too so it'll be a process.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I'm still trying to find highlights/scouting reports on Jarvin Garrison. There's a lot of buzz surrounding him I hear.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
MHJ is my chosen prospect in this draft, sure. I won't be gutted if we end up with Odunze, though. Nabers is too short for our needs, IMO, but is undoubtedly in the top 3. My big problem will be if we trade down too far to get one of the big 3. That would be a big mistake, IMO.

I'd have no problem with selecting Nabers. It's not like he is short. He is 6'0" which is the same height as Ja'marr Chase. Plus Nabers is 200lbs so it's not like he is one of those wafer thin WRs.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
One possible scenario I think might happen.

Both the Vikings and Giants are interested in McCarthy so Min can't risk going to 5 and getting jumped by the Giants.

Despite the offer Monti doesn't want to trade back as far as 11 as he wants a top WR, but he uses the Min offer to fleece a desperate Giants team. The Giants only have 6 picks this year and we already have 11, so Monti adds to the future taking the Giants 2025 2nd, 2026 3rd and one of their two 5ths in 2025 and takes Azeez Ojulari off their hands who has a cheap 1 year left before FA. (Nobody is trading a 1st for 2 spots).

The Cards move to 6 and might still get MHJ (word is the Chargers like Nabers) but worse case come away with Odunze or Nabers at #6.

People are way too locked on MHJ, all 3 of these guys are great in different ways. In any other draft we would be drooling over Nabers or Odunze at #4.

Personally I'd stick at 4 but I think a move is very possible.
or... we stand firm with the Vikes... 11, 23, and Jordan Addison.... only 5'11 but has mad skills and fills a need for us.
Just be straight with the vikes...4 gets us the star WR we need...so if you want the pick you have to include the WR, and since you dont want to trade JJ, it has to be Addison.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
or... we stand firm with the Vikes... 11, 23, and Jordan Addison.... only 5'11 but has mad skills and fills a need for us.
Just be straight with the vikes...4 gets us the star WR we need...so if you want the pick you have to include the WR, and since you dont want to trade JJ, it has to be Addison.
Vikings are giving up a lot of draft capital for a raw rookie. Im pretty sure they are going to want to keep whatever weapons they have.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd have no problem with selecting Nabers. It's not like he is short. He is 6'0" which is the same height as Ja'marr Chase. Plus Nabers is 200lbs so it's not like he is one of those wafer thin WRs.
Nabers probably isn't 6 feet as listed given that he didn't get measured at the combine.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I haven't changed my opinion, nor do they contradict each other.

I still believe Marv is the best WR prospect since Julio.

I also think there is very little between him and Nabers/Odunze.

But being a great PROSPECT does not mean he will be a great NFL player. I'm sure he's going to be very good, his floor is pretty high, but nobody is ever an absolute certainty and people here are WAY too certain over MHJ and he may not end up the best of the 3.

LOL what an unhinged, ludicrous clown take.

I said he was considered generational like Megatron. You really are quite bad at this @kerouac9. Just stop.

I
I mean, he’s not far off here.

Three weeks ago:
Brit: MHJ best prospect since julio
Krang: MHJ generational like megatron

This week:
Brit: almost indistinguishable difference between MHJ and nabers and odunze
Krang: ditto

So now there are three julio level receivers in this draft? There are three generational megatron level receivers in this draft?

Just trying to follow where k9 was way off.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Three weeks ago:

This week:

So now there are three julio level receivers in this draft? There are three generational megatron level receivers in this draft?

Three weeks ago:

This week:

Follow along.

What have I said about all three receivers for months now? MHJ is the best, but the gap between him and the other two isn't that great.

....what that means is that Odunze and Nabers are probably Pro Bowl to All Pro type of players as well.

This really isn't that hard.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Follow along.

What have I said about all three receivers for months now? MHJ is the best, but the gap between him and the other two isn't that great.

....what that means is that Odunze and Nabers are probably Pro Bowl to All Pro type of players as well.

This really isn't that hard.
I would agree with pro bowl. Disagree with all pro. Remember, Fitz was only “all pro” like once.

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah 11 and 23 isn’t enough I need a sweetener and it needs to be the wr or a 2o25 high pick. Otherwise they get “ghosted” and we pick marvin

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yeah 11 and 23 isn’t enough I need a sweetener and it needs to be the wr or a 2o25 high pick. Otherwise they get “ghosted” and we pick marvin
The rumor was they also offered their 1st next year... I would prefer the player...and they can replace him next year in the draft.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just for fun, here's Fitz's college football highlight reel.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

hmmm....

About halfway through and yea more forced missed tackles than MHJ. And we know Larry had to improve on that skill in the NFL.

Thats a fair criticism by Chris Simms of Marvin, but I'd still probably take him over the rest.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I can't remember the name of single QB that MHJ played with @ Ohio last season. That ended my brief internal debate about MHJ vs rest of WR class