There’s still a possibility we draft Nabers

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Fun but look at what Miami turned that into:

You must be registered for see images attach

Nothing. They were mid the next two years and got bounced in their first playoff game.

12th overall, 29th overall, 29th overall. Cool deal.
the Dolphins were maniacs in that draft

i had forgotten that they went back up to 7 or so and took Jalen Waddle in that draft -- which as it turned out wasnt a terrible pick but there were a variety of more impactful players still on the board -- Jacee Horn, Pat Surtain and of course, Parsons

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
I almost want to stay at 4 to ensure the best wr in years to be drafted or one that fits that profile; being the nature of the draft as tough to predict who's really going to be special. The temptation is a desperate team reaching for a quarterback and willing to trade up to 4. After the first 3 qbs; it's tough to know if McCarthy, Nix are 1st rounders. I'm not so sure. McCarthy improved on tape last season but didn't have to throw as much as the other qbs. I guess there 4 qbs that could be a factor like Penix. Is Penix kind of a windup thrower? Is he going to be great? Those are tough questions. One could say Daniels needs to be bigger as a qb. In any event some team will likely try to trade up to 4 and the Cards don't want to slip too far. I guess that's why these GMs make a lot, and are accountable for a lot. Imagine trying to make these type of decisions. Everyone wants guess right a lot and be the next Ozzie Newsome or the guy that drafted Mike Evans.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I mean, if we're at 6 were still getting Nabers or Odunze which I'm fine with plus all that extra capital.

If you think MHJ is a lock to be far better than those guys after looking at the history of the NFL draft I'm happy to put money on it.

MHJ is a great prospect, but WRs are one of the most difficult positions to predict. The absolute certainly that MHJ is "The One" on here is nuts. He's not even "The One" to a bunch of NFL teams.

Plus, in my scenario all Ojulari jerseys double in value.
You know how disagrees with you? You three weeks ago, who had 90% confidence that MJH would quickly be one of the top 10 WRs in the NFL.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I keep hearing that Vikings package is three 1st’s when it’s actually two 1st’s and a swap which moves us out of blue chip range. If the Giants of Raiders get desperate on draft night and want to go overboard for a QB is could accept a trade down. Still dying on that hill that nobody trades up for McCarthy.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man... if we pass on MJH for one of those other WRs, Monty better be damn sure he's pulling off the Edgerrin James surprise pick over Ricky Williams back in the day.
100%. I'd be more mad we pass on MHJ for Nabers/Odunze than if we passed on him by trading down.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
the Dolphins were maniacs in that draft

i had forgotten that they went back up to 7 or so and took Jalen Waddle in that draft -- which as it turned out wasnt a terrible pick but there were a variety of more impactful players still on the board -- Jacee Horn, Pat Surtain and of course, Parsons
They were already loaded at corner and desperately needed to get Tua a WR.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You know how disagrees with you? You three weeks ago, who had 90% confidence that MJH would quickly be one of the top 10 WRs in the NFL.

Opinions can change, sir!
It's ridiculous that you can criticize him for changing his opinion based on seeing new data.

And now we're seeing reports from scouts like Daniel Jeremiah that there are multiple teams that have Nabers over Harrison. Jeremiah also really loves Odunze and says it is much closer than the ASFN MHJ fan club thinks.

The overhype of MHJ on this board is ludicrous. If he was Jarvin Garrison, we wouldn't be seeing this. Groupthink is alive and well here.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It's ridiculous that you can criticize him for changing his opinion based on seeing new data.

And now we're seeing reports from scouts like Daniel Jeremiah that there are multiple teams that have Nabers over Harrison. Jeremiah also really loves Odunze and says it is much closer than the ASFN MHJ fan club thinks.

The overhype of MHJ on this board is ludicrous. If he was Jarvin Garrison, we wouldn't be seeing this. Groupthink is alive and well here.
Hilarious. None of that is "new data" or should undermine confidence in one's original belief in the prospect. No one's played a game in the past three weeks, as far as I can tell.

Who you gonna believe, Daniel Jeremiah or your lyin' eyes?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hilarious. None of that is "new data" or should undermine confidence in one's original belief in the prospect. No one's played a game in the past three weeks, as far as I can tell.

I was just going to say how every year top prospects slowly get worse just before the draft and JJ McCarthy and Zach Wilson get better.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Is Krango Dancer getting fed narratives by NFL teams during the lying season leading up to the draft?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just going to say how every year top prospects slowly get worse just before the draft and JJ McCarthy and Zach Wilson get better.
QBs 'get better', because the need is obvious at the most important position in sports.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

MHJ is my chosen prospect in this draft, sure. I won't be gutted if we end up with Odunze, though. Nabers is too short for our needs, IMO, but is undoubtedly in the top 3. My big problem will be if we trade down too far to get one of the big 3. That would be a big mistake, IMO.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
MHJ is my chosen prospect in this draft, sure. I won't be gutted if we end up with Odunze, though. Nabers is too short for our needs, IMO, but is undoubtedly in the top 3. My big problem will be if we trade down too far to get one of the big 3. That would be a big mistake, IMO.
I definitely agree, but there is a universe where Brian Thomas is the best WR in this draft.

Just like anything that you have an emotional investment, our judgement sometimes gets clouded. If the Cardinals somehow ended up with Byron Murphy III, Brian Thomas, and Dallas Turner, there's a chance that could workout better.

I ultimately DO want the Cardinals to stand pat because top five picks are a lot more guaranteed historically. If you look at draft picks as lottery tickets, the top 5-10 picks have the greatest odds by a wide margin.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

How does that disagree? How does me saying that MHJ is the best prospect since Julio contradict what I said?

He is the best PROSPECT since Julio. How he actually turns out in the NFL is a completely different thing.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Opinions can change, sir!

He's 100% as confidence now as he was then. New evidence has surfaced!

I haven't changed my opinion, nor do they contradict each other.

I still believe Marv is the best WR prospect since Julio.

I also think there is very little between him and Nabers/Odunze.

But being a great PROSPECT does not mean he will be a great NFL player. I'm sure he's going to be very good, his floor is pretty high, but nobody is ever an absolute certainty and people here are WAY too certain over MHJ and he may not end up the best of the 3.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

But being a great PROSPECT does not mean he will be a great NFL player. I'm sure he's going to be very good, his floor is pretty high, but nobody is ever an absolute certainty and people here are WAY too certain over MHJ and he may not end up the best of the 3.
I agree, but historically top five picks just tend to work out better. That's why even with doubt, you still go with the more certain player.

I entertain other scenarios because it's much more fun to do so, but at the end of the day the most assured play is to take the top guy and not look back.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

What about this?
Or this?
Or this?

Just Aaron Rodgers-level hedge when three weeks ago you were assuring everyone that MHJ was Actually Probably Already Better Than Justin Jefferson. And we could also sign Josh Allen with the money we'd save. Or Christian Wilkins or Danielle Hunter. Or Jonathan Greenard. Or Chase Young. All the free agents you thought were good ideas to pursue until the Cards missed on them.

Let's also remember that three weeks ago @Krangodnzr was comparing MHJ to Megatron with no reservations.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I definitely agree, but there is a universe where Brian Thomas is the best WR in this draft.

Just like anything that you have an emotional investment, our judgement sometimes gets clouded. If the Cardinals somehow ended up with Byron Murphy III, Brian Thomas, and Dallas Turner, there's a chance that could workout better.

I ultimately DO want the Cardinals to stand pat because top five picks are a lot more guaranteed historically. If you look at draft picks as lottery tickets, the top 5-10 picks have the greatest odds by a wide margin.
There's a universe, sure. I'd rather take the better odds up top of the draft.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard