The Zane Gonzalez Dilemma

OP
OP
Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I have never understood this guy’s inconsistency. He has cost the Cardinals so many games. How do you miss that one so short?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
49 yards in today’s world is ridiculous. Sure, they can miss. Bit short is beyond laughable.

when is the last time anyone saw a NFL kicker short?

slye for Carolina came up about 1/2 yard short from 65 a week ago.

OP
OP
Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
After watching the game film again, I see that kick costing the Cardinals a playoff berth. There are many problems on the team (particularly on defense) but you can’t miss a kick like that

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Disclaimer: What I am about to say is not relieving ZG of any blame for missing that kick.

That being said I believe on his first FG the ball actually got deflected, but still went though the uprights. I have to think that he was thinking about that on the missed FG and was trying to hit the ball higher and that caused him to get too far under the ball.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Like air balling a free throw when the dolphins kicker was drilling 57 yarders with ease. Pathetic. Let's not forget he missed one last game and we almost lost because of it.

OP
OP
Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Like air balling a free throw when the dolphins kicker was drilling 57 yarders with ease. Pathetic. Let's not forget he missed one last game and we almost lost because of it.

I haven’t forgotten. He also choked several times last season. Good call Illmatic. That was the equivalent of an “air ball”

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Take away his game ball from Seattle. I hate Kliff more for not going for it...I felt like the flow of the game said go for the win there. And I hated the 3rd and 1 call, as well as the 4th and 1 call on the previous possession. Why take the ball out of Kyler’s hands/legs when they had been unable to stop it all day? Kliff choked again when the pressure rose.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Take away his game ball from Seattle. I hate Kliff more for not going for it...I felt like the flow of the game said go for the win there. And I hated the 3rd and 1 call, as well as the 4th and 1 call on the previous possession. Why take the ball out of Kyler’s hands/legs when they had been unable to stop it all day? Kliff choked again when the pressure rose.

Surely he didn't get a game ball at Seattle? Not after missing the chip shot in overtime?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard